The discovery thread!
Jun 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #10,591 of 100,918
Quote:
Ok peps i think i must be on some really good trip or these corecools are having me trippin' B@LLS.  I have never heard anything so crazy from any iem maybe even headphone before. This is my finalized filter mod on them and they will be shipped out to Danny on Monday to get his impressions. I am completely floored by some of the albums i am hearing with these. Esp. albums that require A LOT of soundstage/ instrument separation and bass all at once in order to sound eargasmic. These damn buggers got it. 
blink.gif
Hope it's just my noob @ss trippin' cuz even the gr07 BE nor the FXZ200s has EVER made my music sound like this before.

I think what you are trying to say is that mochill was 1000% correct and that he is your saviour. Do I have that right? 
size]

Jun 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #10,592 of 100,918
Quote:

I think what you are trying to say is that mochill was 1000% correct and that he is your saviour. Do I have that right? 
size]

haha good one but not quite, these without the filter to control their bass sounds wayyy too boomy in the mid bass department and less refined. The overwhelming mid bass makes the soundstage/ instrument separation sound congested. The filter mod tightens the sub bass as well as the mid bass which clears up the soundstage, instrument separation as well as brings forward the mids and highs a bit more. 

Like i said before these sound like an open set of FXZ200s due it's amazing deep sub bass, yet has massive soundstage and instrument separation. 

I don't think even mochill is aware of what these are capable of. troLoLoLoLoLoLoLO
triportsad.gif

Jun 8, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #10,593 of 100,918
Quote:
What's the difference between the SHE9700 and SHE9750?

you figure the new version of the SHE9700 being the SHE9750 would be an advance in sound. Lol.

You want to hear overwhelming bass in a cave or in a small car with all the windows up?. This is what the SHE9750 sound like. Dark dank and musty..A progression in sound it ain't. It is Philips worst phone by far. Not to mention the housing seems to attract all sorts of dirt and lint the housing is covered with silicone rubber type material.. Why? I have no idea... Then you find yourself trying to clean it up all the time. The SHE9700 sounds 10X better than the SHE9750.

Jun 8, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #10,594 of 100,918
Quote:
I have the JVC HA-S500 w/WS55 pads and Monoprice 8323 and haven't really tried any other on-ear or over-ear headphones.  Today, I was at Best Buy Mobile today and decided to try their headphones.

I didn't have my headphones with me, but I was surprised that I liked the S500s more than all of them except for maybe the Skullcandy Aviators, which are 3x the price!

I only spent a few minutes on each with my LG Nexus 4, but I would probably rank them in this order.  Some were too close to call.

Skullcandy Aviator S6AVFM-289
Monster DNA On-Ear
Beats On Solo HD
Sony MDRX10
UE 4000
Beats Studio Over Ear (worst by far)

I would say the JVC-S500 is either better than all or 2nd to the Aviators.  I think the Monoprice would even sound better than some of these.  Are my ears messed up?

I'll have to bring the S500 with me next time to compare them again.

Nope you're not crazy, did the same thing when i visited worst buy with my set of S500s as well as radioshack, these S500s can hang with most of the stuff they sell there. Though it's not really saying THAT much cuz all the models they sell are those crappy popular mainstream brands, so... But when i A/Bed my S500s with the vmoda m80s and was too happy to find out that they can more than hang with them, though not best them.

Quote:
you figure the new version of the SHE9700 being the SHE9750 would be an advance in sound. Lol.

You want to hear overwhelming bass in a cave or in a small car with all the windows up?. This is what the SHE9750 sound like. Dark dank and musty..A progression in sound it ain't. It is Philips worst phone by far. Not to mention the housing seems to attract all sorts of dirt and lint the housing is covered with silicone rubber type material.. Why? I have no idea... Then you find yourself trying to clean it up all the time. The SHE9700 sounds 10X better than the SHE9750.

^

Let's see if Danny will say i am full of sh!T regarding these corecools, CAN'T WAIT!!!
popcorn.gif

Jun 8, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #10,596 of 100,918
Quote:
They have the exact same tips but the ones I use on my CKS1000 are Senheisser double flange tips..They fit really nice and comfy for big dynamics.
Ya so it looks like these guys made these even smaller than they were before and selling them cheaper too. Try one of these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HiFimeDIY-Sabre-Tiny-USB-DAC-Digital-to-Audio-Converter-ES9023-PCM2706-/130902323468?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7a62f10c

These are a step above the Ele in sound. Don't let the small form factor fool you. In fact for what these cost even for guys that own the Ele. You guys should try these out for a more refined sound. Sabre Dacs are all the rage.

I'll be sure to check it out, thanks!

Jun 8, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #10,598 of 100,918
Quote:
I'll be sure to check it out, thanks!

I have been perpetually amazed at how much I like the the ele dac, and I can hardly believe it only cost $20. So to get something that is "a step above" for $30 sounds like a "no brainer" to me!

Jun 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #10,599 of 100,918
Quote:

Thanks for clearing that up and saving me some money 
etysmile.gif

Jun 8, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #10,600 of 100,918
Got the Carbo Tenore.  Compared to the CKN70 and S500, they are much harder to drive.  S500 easiest to drive, then CKN709, then Carbo Tenore.

Out of the box, they sound good, but I feel that the tone of the treble is too high; should be a little darker.  I also wish they had more bass.  Time to burn them in and then change tips.  My guess is that I would have preferred the Carbo Basso.

The CKN70 even with the Philips SHE3590 tips are still too trebly for me; tone doesn't sound right.  I'll probably be selling these.

Right now, my favorite is still the S500.

Jun 8, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #10,601 of 100,918
Jun 8, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #10,605 of 100,918
Quote:
I almost thought Dsnuts was walker for a second...

Ds ain't gots that box SWAG!!!
ksc75smile.gif
Oh man we got our resident trance DJ, resident troll, resident hype man and now the resident spam, we only need the resident twinkie to post now to complete this perfection.

Quote:
Ok so I was trying to be disciplined. But I have a weakness for new AT gears. I got my White CKS77X on order as well as my new. ????.......Will be a surprise.

let me guess, the 385s??? LMAO Can it be the SZzzzzz.
eek.gif
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back