The discovery thread!
Jun 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #10,576 of 100,983
Yeah, which is probably why I'll be going with the PFE 122. They've been getting some decent reviews.

Forget about that you need to hunt down your brother and take back those 385s so i get to audition them against my corecools. LoL

He's all the way in California right now, than Seattle, than Washington, than he is going over to Canada for a month. I won't have those things back for at least the next six months and I am not even expecting to get them back than. Did you try emailing them like I suggested?

I actually decided that the 385s weren't on the same level as what you were describing the Corecools as. I would put them at $80 range, no higher. They have great (read:amazing) 3D imagining and the bass was killer, but the mids remained recessed a bit and the highs mellowed out quite the last time I listened to them. So they sounded balanced but mellow if that makes any sense. Worth the $30 bucks, yes, but definitely not the warmth you described with the V2s. They had more of a dryer sound to them but I would have loved to test your vent modification on them.

I only make this comparison now that I have my VSD1 which are quite balanced with a small bass hump. If you want something to audition I would suggest you grab the VSD1.

Jun 8, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #10,577 of 100,983
Quote:
He's all the way in California right now, than Seattle, than Washington, than he is going over to Canada for a month. I won't have those things back for at least the next six months and I am not even expecting to get them back than. Did you try emailing them like I suggested?

I actually decided that the 385s weren't on the same level as what you were describing the Corecools as. I would put them at $80 range, no higher. They have great (read:amazing) 3D imagining and the bass was killer, but the mids remained recessed a bit and the highs mellowed out quite the last time I listened to them. So they sounded balanced but mellow if that makes any sense. Worth the $30 bucks, yes, but definitely not the warmth you described with the V2s. They had more of a dryer sound to them but I would have loved to test your vent modification on them.

I only make this comparison now that I have my VSD1 which are quite balanced with a small bass hump. If you want something to audition I would suggest you grab the VSD1.

haha oh well, and nope hasn't emailed the egg yet. I was gonna to after i made that comparison thread, but Currawong deleted it due to another product. So I am just gonna leave all the corecool impressions on the discovery thread instead of creating another one for them.

Jun 8, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #10,578 of 100,983

haha oh well, and nope hasn't emailed the egg yet. I was gonna to after i made that comparison thread, but Currawong deleted it due to another product. So I am just gonna leave all the corecool impressions on the discovery thread instead of creating another one for them.

Don't email newegg. Email 3EIGHTY5 directly. http://www.385audio.com/pages/contact-us

Jun 8, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #10,579 of 100,983
Quote:
You've got me so hyped!!!! I have 2 more questions for you D's: do they come with a case? Also I struggle getting the FXZ200s tips to seal in my right ear. Is it possible I'll have the same problem with these? If they are anything like the CKN70s tips then I'll be fine, those are my favorite tips of all time.

They have the exact same tips but the ones I use on my CKS1000 are Senheisser double flange tips..They fit really nice and comfy for big dynamics.
Quote:

Thanks for the response wayne! It sounds to me like the E12 would be a better solution for both the WS99 and AD900X. Portability and battery life don't matter that much to me since I'll be only using them at home. The more open soundstage of the C&C BH is very tempting though... I'm a total sucker for soundstage lol. Do you have any other recommendations for DACs beside the ELE? I'm willing to spend closer to $100 on a more expensive DAC if it can give me a better sound. If Dsnuts or anyone else could chime in, I'm very open to suggestions!

Ya so it looks like these guys made these even smaller than they were before and selling them cheaper too. Try one of these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HiFimeDIY-Sabre-Tiny-USB-DAC-Digital-to-Audio-Converter-ES9023-PCM2706-/130902323468?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7a62f10c

These are a step above the Ele in sound. Don't let the small form factor fool you. In fact for what these cost even for guys that own the Ele. You guys should try these out for a more refined sound. Sabre Dacs are all the rage.

Jun 8, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #10,580 of 100,983
Yeah, I'm saving up for a higher-end IEM too. Though I've already narrowed it down to the new Westone Adventure Series, Audéo PFE 122, or the CKS1000.

Likewise. I love my CKN70's and wouldn't give them away but I want even more audio goodness! :p

I had 3 iem's in mind to choose from: AT CKS1000, JVC FXZ200 and the VSonic GR07 BE's. Dsnuts' recent impression there has just made up my mind for me tbh so the CKS1000 will be my next (hopefully soon) purchase :smile:

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #10,581 of 100,983
Aurisonic and I ain't talking bout them earphones.

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #10,582 of 100,983
Tune! :wink:

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #10,584 of 100,983
Quote:
If you guys don't know. Lifted here is quite the mix a lot Dj. His trance mixes are some of the best I have heard.. Take a listen or download his stuff on his links. I like to call him our own resident trance DJ. We are spoiled like that Lol.

+1. The man's got talent, and he is responsible for my new found addiction to trance!
beerchug.gif

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #10,585 of 100,983
Quote:

I'd be hesitant to purchase from that dealer because of these notes: "Ships in plain plastic bag (non retail box)" "PLEASE NOTE: item may have inevitable minor cosmetic blemishes that were caused in transit & storage"

I would have more peace of mind ordering it unopened with retail packaging from this guy for $8 more. (EDIT: Read next post) Or if you are rich and feeling very adventurous, I found it for $516.37 + $13.75 shipping here.

Just bought these. So excited to see how these 500 dollar iems are going to sound like!!

Jun 8, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #10,586 of 100,983
Hey some good news regarding the CKS77X.. This is a loosely google translated review of the CKS77X on amazon japan.

This review is from: audio-technica SOLID BASS Inner Ear Headphones Black Red ATH-CKS77X BRD (Electronics)
I have heard in various ways than mass retailers.
It purchased at the thought of the entire balance is better than CKS99.
I thought since the advent monster, rather than commenting the fidelity of sound, manufacturers like such gave, and, It looks became the age to enjoy the flavor to the sound.
Some people say that probably because price is intermediate, sound field, such as not determined, but I feel that it is quite clear.
Perhaps because bass sounds, I feel widely.

I think I might have to get me a pair. Look at these sexies.

Jun 8, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #10,587 of 100,983
Quote:
Hey some good news regarding the CKS77X.. This is a loosely google translated review of the CKS77X on amazon japan.

This review is from: audio-technica SOLID BASS Inner Ear Headphones Black Red ATH-CKS77X BRD (Electronics)
I have heard in various ways than mass retailers.
It purchased at the thought of the entire balance is better than CKS99.
I thought since the advent monster, rather than commenting the fidelity of sound, manufacturers like such gave, and, It looks became the age to enjoy the flavor to the sound.
Some people say that probably because price is intermediate, sound field, such as not determined, but I feel that it is quite clear.
Perhaps because bass sounds, I feel widely.

I think I might have to get me a pair. Look at these sexies.

$47US on amazon japan + $20 = $67. Same price as the Basso's. The 77's might be a diamond in the rough as well!

Jun 8, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #10,588 of 100,983
Ok peps i think i must be on some really good trip or these corecools are having me trippin' B@LLS.  I have never heard anything so crazy from any iem maybe even headphone before. This is my finalized filter mod on them and they will be shipped out to Danny on Monday to get his impressions. I am completely floored by some of the albums i am hearing with these. Esp. albums that require A LOT of soundstage/ instrument separation and bass all at once in order to sound eargasmic. These damn buggers got it. 
blink.gif
Hope it's just my noob @ss trippin' cuz even the gr07 BE nor the FXZ200s has EVER made my music sound like this before.

Jun 8, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #10,589 of 100,983
I have the JVC HA-S500 w/WS55 pads and Monoprice 8323 and haven't really tried any other on-ear or over-ear headphones.  Today, I was at Best Buy Mobile today and decided to try their headphones.

I didn't have my headphones with me, but I was surprised that I liked the S500s more than all of them except for maybe the Skullcandy Aviators, which are 3x the price!

I only spent a few minutes on each with my LG Nexus 4, but I would probably rank them in this order.  Some were too close to call.

Skullcandy Aviator S6AVFM-289
Monster DNA On-Ear
Beats On Solo HD
Sony MDRX10
UE 4000
Beats Studio Over Ear (worst by far)

I would say the JVC-S500 is either better than all or 2nd to the Aviators.  I think the Monoprice would even sound better than some of these.  Are my ears messed up?

I'll have to bring the S500 with me next time to compare them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back