The discovery thread!
Jun 5, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #10,471 of 100,513
the cor150 sound ok to me, polite highs with extra bass. fit is probably the best part about them for me, but a phone that has not been getting enough attention is the she9700. depth and quality of bass is unbeatable at this price.

Quote:
How are they in comparison to she3580/90? I can get them here for $15 shipping included.

they are a next step up... do not even hesitate at that price. competes with much better phones in most areas.
where did you find them

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261155825839?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
I don't think he'll ship to internationally tho.

Jun 5, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #10,473 of 100,513
Oh and forgot to add. To be on record, these Corecool V2s are not on par with the FXZ200s, nor are they even at the same level as the gr07 BEs. They are close to the FXZ200s in sound signature and technical abilities, but they have a critical flaw, which i just found out yesterday. Will post about this later cuz i need to test them more....

My mod remedies that issue somewhat, though bassheads might be slightly disappointed with the bass quantity BUT audiophiles rejoice cuz the bass quality is MUCH better than just leaving the bass vents open.

These Corecool V2s have potential but mochill my dood, YOU ARE DEAD WRONG ON THIS ONE!!!... though not dud wrong.
tongue.gif

For $100 they are not really THAT worth it, but for $30-$70 these are a steal. This bring us to the newegg 3EIGHTY5s and whether they sound the same or not. If they are holy crap the sound on these bests the MH1Cs in not just the bang for the buck department, but in total sound quality as well. Without my mod I would say they have 80-85% of my FXZ200s sound/ abilities, with my bass vent mod they sound like total upgrade to the MH1Cs.
blink.gif
LMAO, hence the Chameleon moniker.

And these for me are better than the ATH CKN70s after i do my bass vent mod. They are a pretty powerful lil' monster!!!

Jun 5, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #10,474 of 100,513
Fine tuned these Corecool V2s with a lil' mod and they sound much more refined now... thanks nick for the brilliant idea, looks like it's the MH1Cs ALL over again!!! LoL

=
... upgrade to the MH1Cs anyone??? More to come on this later.

These V2s is Da Chameleon...

... when you tape the bass vents on the housing just like the MH1Cs. Pretty amazing results. :ph34r:

All you did was tape the bass vents? Damn, I wish I had my 385s that I could test this out on them, but alas.

Jun 5, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #10,475 of 100,513
Quote:
All you did was tape the bass vents? Damn, I wish I had my 385s that I could test this out on them, but alas.

Initially just place masking tape over the ports, but that killed too much of the bass, making them also analytical sounding, cuz of the more forward mids/ highs and the decrease in bass, though they still sound pretty nice fully covered. Then I experimented with another material so the vents are not fully covered therefore retaining more bass quantity. What i used was this. LoL

... Flents Wipe 'N Clear with the tape holding them in place. I also use a sewing needle to poke lots of tiny holes where the cloth covered the vents which allows more air flow inside the housing for the drivers. LMAO. It works beautifully!!!

Here is what i wrote to another head-fier:

"Did some playing around with my corecool v2s, and it makes for interesting listening when you cover the small vent ports of these. It tames the bass wayyy down when fully covered by masking tape. The sound is almost analytical, with more forward mids/ highs but it sounds kinda cheap. haha

So then i placed a small strip of flents cleaning cloth that i cut just wide enough to cover over the vent ports, held in place by an another thin strip of masking tape wrapped around the housing. I poke some random holes on cloth where the vent ports are located which then allows some air to get in, and man oh man does the overall sound more refined. The bass is much more controlled/ tighter, resulting in less mid bass boominess allowing the mids and highs to shine as well. 

These iems along with the Sony MH1Cs seem to be very dependent on their vent ports for bass, so covering it with different materials will result in all sorts of bass quality/ quantity. Hmmm interesting."

Jun 5, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #10,476 of 100,513
the cor150 sound ok to me, polite highs with extra bass. fit is probably the best part about them for me, but a phone that has not been getting enough attention is the she9700. depth and quality of bass is unbeatable at this price.

Quote:
How are they in comparison to she3580/90? I can get them here for $15 shipping included.

they are a next step up... do not even hesitate at that price. competes with much better phones in most areas.

To be clear, the cor150 have more bass. they could probably use a lot of burn in, like many ath phones, but the clarity, and quality, esp in bass is where the phillips are clearly better. 

sfwalcer: the corecools look good... but the dx210 are very tempting atm. how they hold up next to the fx3x?

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #10,478 of 100,513
Quote:

To be clear, the cor150 have more bass. they could probably use a lot of burn in, like many ath phones, but the clarity, and quality, esp in bass is where the phillips are clearly better. 

sfwalcer: the corecools look good... but the dx210 are very tempting atm. how they hold up next to the fx3x?

Welp i took a gamble on the corecools and it paid off somewhat, just not in the way i thought it would. haha It was worth it, cuz what is the point of everyone getting on the same hyped iems. I already know those bassos were gonna be good, but just wanted to live dangerously that's all.
ksc75smile.gif

Oh and they are much more refined then the FX3Xs with my mod, but without the mod they got some critical issues which can be a deal breaker for some. Like I said these have like close to 80% of the sonic abilities of the FXZ200s, so.... i would say they are better than the FX3Xs but doesn't totally blow them outta the water. the FX3X is a steal for $20 and if the $30 3EIGHTY5 from newegg sounds exactly the same as these Corecools you do the math. haha

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #10,481 of 100,513
Initially just place masking tape over the ports, but that killed too much of the bass, making them also analytical sounding, cuz of the more forward mids/ highs and the decrease in bass, though they still sound pretty nice fully covered. Then I experimented with another material so the vents are not fully covered therefore retaining more bass quantity. What i used was this. LoL

... Flents Wipe 'N Clear with the tape holding them in place. I also use a sewing needle to poke lots of tiny holes where the cloth covered the vents which allows more air flow inside the housing for the drivers. LMAO. It works beautifully!!!
Here is what i wrote to another head-fier:

"Did some playing around with my corecool v2s, and it makes for interesting listening when you cover the small vent ports of these. It tames the bass wayyy down when fully covered by masking tape. The sound is almost analytical, with more forward mids/ highs but it sounds kinda cheap. haha

So then i placed a small strip of flents cleaning cloth that i cut just wide enough to cover over the vent ports, held in place by an another thin strip of masking tape wrapped around the housing. I poke some random holes on cloth where the vent ports are located which then allows some air to get in, and man oh man does the overall sound more refined. The bass is much more controlled/ tighter, resulting in less mid bass boominess allowing the mids and highs to shine as well. 

These iems along with the Sony MH1Cs seem to be very dependent on their vent ports for bass, so covering it with different materials will result in all sorts of bass quality/ quantity. Hmmm interesting."

Have you tried the Monoprice vent mod? Cover with tape but poke a tiny hole with a needle. Its a nice middle ground. Keeps the vent from adding the bloat. Of course YMMV.

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #10,482 of 100,513
so damping the vents worked somewhat... that's great news SF

One thing you could try if you wanted it to look flashier is  use some double sided tape donuts or something with that stuff, though not owning the things I have no clue how the bass vents are situated. If they are small or a strip then even carefully cutting some felt bits that fit in would work too. But I have to see them so just mail me a few pairs and i can do some trials.
wink_face.gif

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #10,483 of 100,513
Quote:

nick, come on man. I am the only "SF" around here. sfwalcer here is "sf". Got a reputation to keep. 
tongue.gif

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #10,484 of 100,513
Quote:

One thing you could try it you wanted it to look flashier is  use some double sided tape donuts or something with that stuff, though not owning the things I have no clue how the bass vents are situated. If they are small or a strip then even carefully cutting some felt bits that fit in would work too. But I have to see them so just mail me a few pairs and i can do some trials.
wink_face.gif

FAT CHANCE!!! That's another good idea nick, might mess around a bit same with the Kama's advice. But these seem best when the filter is loose without covering them too tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back