The discovery thread!
Apr 23, 2024 at 5:38 AM Post #99,601 of 100,446
I don't think there's such a thing as a default rec. Some ppl like warm and smooth, some analytical and lots of treble, some thumping mid bass, some supressed mid bass and lots of sub bass, some recessed mids, some mids monsters, some prefer planar, some dynamic drivers, some hate ba's, etc etc. So there's a lot of recs, depending on your preferences. :) Preferences is most important, I've learnt that the hard way and bought stuff that's objectively great, but didn't fit my tastes.
yeah, usually we could go,

you wanna fun sound? get this.
you wanna smooth neutral-ish? get this.
you wanna bright/high resolution? get this.

I still follow that segment during Aria, TitanS, Tinhifi-something.

after that, i'm a bit more keen on sub $50 iems as brands started to bring their $80 tuning sub $50 iems such as Aria/Hola kind of thing.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 6:15 AM Post #99,602 of 100,446
the teaser campaign for MIAD01 have begun

1713867264383.png

...curved OLED? why curved?
it make buying screen guard annoying.
not to mention it make the case a bit awkward.

Apr 23, 2024 at 7:43 AM Post #99,605 of 100,446
I like it a lot! I have been mentioning that for a while, but no one has been paying attention to it. Good for them. :ksc75smile:

Should I skip then FD7 and go for FA19?
Can you briefly compare these two?

I've not tried the FD7.

But the FA19 is warm neutral. Tonality is quite stage monitor like, not the typical Harmanish clones we see every week.

the teaser campaign for MIAD01 have begun

1713867264383.png

...curved OLED? why curved?
it make buying screen guard annoying.
not to mention it make the case a bit awkward.

DOES IT COME WITH A WAIFU?

WILL THE PAINT CHIP OFF?

Apr 23, 2024 at 7:48 AM Post #99,606 of 100,446
Yeah I auditioned the Artha, but IIRC there are 2 versions right? There's a metal shell version which is more technical/resolving, and an acrylic or resin version which is smoother though with some slight dampening in resolution.

I don't trust aural memory as I don't have the Artha physically with me now, so I can't really compare it via A/B testing to the Fiio FA19 as such. I think the FA19 is definitely smoother and less edgy than the metal Artha for sure. Better timbre on the FA19 also. But technicalities wise I can't recall what the Artha can do, just remembered it was quite technical with a big soundstage.
Yes you are right. I own the resin one, the silver one is a bit edgy in comparison. Thanks for your reply bro.

Apr 23, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #99,608 of 100,446
Not that bad 😂 turning on the DSP seems to stress the system more than DSD.

72BED4C5-FFFC-4864-BBB5-C3F1982D271F.jpeg

Listening to this combo today. I’m surprised how much this IEM is hated. Any positive review on linsoul website is downvoted to hell. The collab train is running to the ground?

Me? I think this is quite good sonic wise, and impressive from the tuning expertise perspective. I mean KiwiEars managed to force a single DD to hit the same FR curve as Monarch II up to around 6-8kHz, without any electronic crossover or nylon filter. That’s seriously impressive because usually DD does not sound like that.

Whoever designed the shells should be reprimanded though. I’m convinced that a greater portion of listeners have not been able to fit these properly. If you hear this IEM to be hollow in the lower mid and weirdly “stretched out” beyond how the Monarch II midrange sounds, it’s likely you have a shallow and leaky fit, even if it feels that the ear tips grip your ear canals.
I will soon start writing a review for Singolo and it will be mostly positive. I cannot figure out why the fit seems to affect so many out there, they really dont seem to be shaped weirdly in any regard as far as I can tell.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #99,609 of 100,446
1713856465175.png

seems interesting.
still waiting for more info, that price segment have...
who is in that $80~$120 segment now?

i've been following sub $60, i missed who is the default rec for $80~$120 segment.
Simgot EW500LM? Moondrop Starfield 2?
Simgot EM6L if you want a brighter IEM. For something more neutral, I still think the Truthear Hexa is hard to beat at that price point. Not sure what I'd recommend as a warm/basshead IEM in that range.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:24 AM Post #99,610 of 100,446
Is this the stock cable? If yes…nice.
It really is the stock cable that comes with so many TSMR IEMs. It is the same with the Land and Sands and TSMR-X. I hear the stock may even have great synergy with the FEAT. It actually did work with the TSMR-X.
378D3F8E-1F6E-4716-9C51-090114C10A99.jpeg
FD02C4C5-B93C-476C-977B-5B85A3DBD04C.jpeg
5F084B21-2F19-4C86-BC75-F56A59EB9423.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #99,611 of 100,446
The Zero fits me great. Zero 2 fits my son great too. The Kiwi's are always a tricky fit, due to their short nozzles.
I never had trouble with Cadenza or Quintet though. Something about the Singolo just fits my ear slightly wrong.
Hydro has a sexy graph. Time to sell Trio and buy buy Hydro. Let's go! No not you KZ Syphony.... we don't like you. XD

1713855197823.png
That Symphony graph is actually scary 🫣
1713856465175.png

seems interesting.
still waiting for more info, that price segment have...
who is in that $80~$120 segment now?

i've been following sub $60, i missed who is the default rec for $80~$120 segment.
Simgot EW500LM? Moondrop Starfield 2?
I've not really heard anything positive about Starfield 2. The 500LM is an easy recommendation if you like detail and aren't treble sensitive. @Singaravelan mentioned the Aful MagicOne and that's a great option for smooth and relaxing sound. The Delci has been creating some buzz as well. The Singolo is also great if the short nozzles don't cause fit issues.
Probably that's it, not being able to have the correct position and seal, wrong eartips or something, so that bass leaks and the treble shifts downward.
I think the stock tips are also part of the problem. They don't help create a good seal. You need more rigidity like the Penon Liqueur tips.

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #99,612 of 100,446
Apr 23, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #99,613 of 100,446
Hello everybody. I would like to ask if the following condition is normal request from linsoul for replacement.
"Please take a video of destroying the *** (use a hammer, stone, or other tools). Once you provide the video, we will ship a new one to you after confirmation"

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #99,614 of 100,446
Hello everybody. I would like to ask if the following condition is normal request from linsoul for replacement.
"Please take a video of destroying the *** (use a hammer, stone, or other tools). Once you provide the video, we will ship a new one to you after confirmation"

Whaat da faaak!

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #99,615 of 100,446
I've only seen this with products that were recalled for safety reasons. The company wants proof that you've destroyed an unsafe product before they send you a replacement.
Like these Cablemod GPU power adapters that were causing fires. https://cablemod.com/adapterrecall/

Kind of interesting that Linsoul is asking you to do that. Does the product cost less than the shipping fee or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back