The discovery thread!
Apr 23, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #99,631 of 100,441
I’m def curious to try the Singolo. I love the other two Kiwi Ears sets I’ve tried (Orchestra and Orchestra Lite). Kiwi Ears seem unafraid to put some variety into the market, while at the same time they don’t just throw pasta at the wall to see what sticks (like many others do).

As a newb to the market, I’m quickly discovering that nearly every aspect of an IEM hits every person differently (tuning, shell fit, ear tips, nozzle dimensions, ear hook shape, and on and on). We’re all practically designing a custom IEM with each new set we acquire (or at least completing the design process).

IEMs are more like clothes than electronics. Designers can’t make a truly “universal” fit. Like with clothes, you have to learn which brands, styles, etc, work best with your specific body type. And we all have to become our own “tailors” to get a truly proper fit.
Well said. There is no true universal. I've said this dozens of times here.

Apr 23, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #99,632 of 100,441
I wonder if the Coreir brass tips work? Anyone can test?
I love the brass coreir. Nice fit. Comfy. Not bass increasers though. They generally sharpen mids and treble, and keep the bass at a neutral level.

Apr 23, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #99,633 of 100,441
I love the brass coreir. Nice fit. Comfy. Not bass increasers though. They generally sharpen mids and treble, and keep the bass at a neutral level.
I meant more from a fit perspective for short nozzled iems in general. Does the brass part act as an extension of the nozzle and allow for a deeper insertion?

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #99,634 of 100,441
I meant more from a fit perspective for short nozzled iems in general. Does the brass part act as an extension of the nozzle and allow for a deeper insertion?
I haven't really paid attention? Let me try it on those short nozzle IEMs?

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #99,635 of 100,441
Yes, the metal part has a silicone ring to protect the IEM nozzle as it presses against it. Adds length overall to the nozzle.

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #99,636 of 100,441
Just placed my Hiby R4 order.. can get an extra 10 bucks off if you subscribe to their email list to use instantly. $239 including shipping.

https://store.hiby.com/products/hiby-r4
It's kind da crazy what you can get now quality wise for a DAP sweet find. I should really be doing my review instead of surfing on here. Definitely a good purchase 👌

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #99,637 of 100,441
It's kind da crazy what you can get now quality wise for a DAP sweet find. I should really be doing my review instead of surfing on here. Definitely a good purchase 👌
I’ve waited a long while for a nice DAP at this price, can finally retire my LG V30 for on the go. Wasn’t about to spend $800 bucks on one that will live at the bottom of my work bag most of the time.

Apr 23, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #99,638 of 100,441
Just put in my R4 purchase today as well. Happy to have this finally over with as I have been glued to my screen monitoring Hiby's R4 page for it to become available for sale, basically ready to throw them my wallet. Went with the Green color. Got the 10 dollar off email code to work as well.

Apr 23, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #99,639 of 100,441
We all should be doing our reviews instead of surfing here 😂

If you have been listening to DSD, then I guess our disagreement on the tonality of this DAP has been resolved. Two completely different digital circuits with different tunings being used here. I hope they bring the DSD tuning to PCM soon.

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #99,640 of 100,441
first new arrival this week - Azla SednaEarfit Origin

IMG_7426.jpegIMG_7427.jpegIMG_7429.jpeg

Only had them on for about 15 minutes but I can tell these are going to be keepers. Size down for a deeper fit. Reminds me of the Baroque in sound.

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #99,641 of 100,441
We all should be doing our reviews instead of surfing here 😂

If you have been listening to DSD, then I guess our disagreement on the tonality of this DAP has been resolved. Two completely different digital circuits with different tunings being used here. I hope they bring the DSD tuning to PCM soon.
Yeah thanks alot for the extra work now I have to listen to 10 hours of Taylor Swift on Spotify.

And I learned and grew so a thank you for making me better.

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:59 PM Post #99,642 of 100,441
Yeah thanks alot for the extra work now I have to listen to 10 hours of Taylor Swift on Spotify.

And I learned and grew so a thank you for making me better.
Jeez 😂 I’m also sorry for coming off standoff-ish about this. Something about audio hobby is pissing me off more than usual nowadays. Looking forward for your review!

Apr 23, 2024 at 7:17 PM Post #99,643 of 100,441
first new arrival this week - Azla SednaEarfit Origin

IMG_7426.jpegIMG_7427.jpegIMG_7429.jpeg

Only had them on for about 15 minutes but I can tell these are going to be keepers. Size down for a deeper fit. Reminds me of the Baroque in sound.
Short nozzle got you down? These are an incredible solution.

IMG_7432.jpeg
IMG_7433.jpeg

Apr 23, 2024 at 8:53 PM Post #99,645 of 100,441
I keep seeing Facebook ads for Jrums audio Jrums
And this wireless set looks like a straight up KZ clone… the wireless unit looks like the AZ09 but they claim it has noise cancelling. Hmm. The earbuds I think are 10 driver but they don’t give much tech specs. 250$… not a chance I’m falling for a possible rip! Has anyone got these??
Everything on offer look like generic, nameless products bought from Ali or Taobao and rebranded to be sold at a premium.

250$ for a pair of IEMs that probably retail for around fifty or maybe even less than that.

I could be totally wrong but the wireless IEMs look like rebranded KZs and jrumz is charging 20 bucks for a generic case you can probably find at ali for a couple bucks.

Needless to say, the store looks pretty dodgy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back