The discovery thread!
Apr 23, 2024 at 2:19 AM Post #99,586 of 100,443
I keep seeing Facebook ads for Jrums audio Jrums
And this wireless set looks like a straight up KZ clone… the wireless unit looks like the AZ09 but they claim it has noise cancelling. Hmm. The earbuds I think are 10 driver but they don’t give much tech specs. 250$… not a chance I’m falling for a possible rip! Has anyone got these??

Apr 23, 2024 at 2:39 AM Post #99,587 of 100,443
I keep seeing Facebook ads for Jrums audio Jrums
And this wireless set looks like a straight up KZ clone… the wireless unit looks like the AZ09 but they claim it has noise cancelling. Hmm. The earbuds I think are 10 driver but they don’t give much tech specs. 250$… not a chance I’m falling for a possible rip! Has anyone got these??
It most possibly a dropshipper brand
they found cheap generic clone and plastered their logo on it.
i saw at least one KZ ZS-faceplate on QKZ sub $6 iems (which have no affiliation with actual KZ). So there are cheapo makers to replicate KZ ZS-faceplate.

i sincerely doubt it have active noice cancelling,
and at $250? you could WAY more in Chifi than that shady iem
you could get Fiio BTR15 or Moondrop EVO with same form factor and still have $120~150 to buy the iem to go with it

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 2:43 AM Post #99,588 of 100,443
Honestly if the shell shape/nozzle length were more in line with crins other collabs, the Singolo would probably be my favorite set under $100 and I'd recommend them fiercely. I think Kiwi Ears was scared by all the talk of the B2D and Zero models that have the opposite fit issues and over corrected.
The Zero fits me great. Zero 2 fits my son great too. The Kiwi's are always a tricky fit, due to their short nozzles.

Apr 23, 2024 at 2:53 AM Post #99,589 of 100,443
Ok. CCA Hydro team unite? Time to hop on this bandwagon.
Hydro has a sexy graph. Time to sell Trio and buy buy Hydro. Let's go! No not you KZ Syphony.... we don't like you. XD

1713855197823.png

Apr 23, 2024 at 2:54 AM Post #99,590 of 100,443
I'm really enjoying the EA500LM with gold filters and Sony A306. They are also super comfy. Not as detailed in the mids or stage deep and tall and pinpoint imaging as the Trio, but with more resolving bass and more resolution up top, and stage is no slouch.

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:17 AM Post #99,591 of 100,443
Hydro has a sexy graph. Time to sell Trio and buy buy Hydro. Let's go! No not you KZ Syphony.... we don't like you. XD

1713856465175.png

seems interesting.
still waiting for more info, that price segment have...
who is in that $80~$120 segment now?

i've been following sub $60, i missed who is the default rec for $80~$120 segment.
Simgot EW500LM? Moondrop Starfield 2?

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 3:23 AM Post #99,592 of 100,443

i've been following sub $60, i missed who is the default rec for $80~$120 segment.
Good query that. I also wonder.

Seems to be the ncehck F1 Pro planar and one BA Aful MagicOne in that segment.

Anything else?

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:32 AM Post #99,593 of 100,443
I'm really enjoying the EA500LM with gold filters and Sony A306. They are also super comfy. Not as detailed in the mids or stage deep and tall and pinpoint imaging as the Trio, but with more resolving bass and more resolution up top, and stage is no slouch.
Seems to be akin to @fidgeraldo 's budget King recco FiiO FD11
Is this also deeper subbass than mid? (Not that mids are missing in Fd11)

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:35 AM Post #99,594 of 100,443
100 dollars is an interesting point. For me Kefine Delci is strong, Singolo, Simgot 500lm, but probably I'd go with simgot em6l. Simgot is always doing great stuff, and worth checking out.

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #99,595 of 100,443

seems interesting.
still waiting for more info, that price segment have...

I don't think there's such a thing as a default rec. Some ppl like warm and smooth, some analytical and lots of treble, some thumping mid bass, some supressed mid bass and lots of sub bass, some recessed mids, some mids monsters, some prefer planar, some dynamic drivers, some hate ba's, etc etc. So there's a lot of recs, depending on your preferences. :) Preferences is most important, I've learnt that the hard way and bought stuff that's objectively great, but didn't fit my tastes.

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:04 AM Post #99,596 of 100,443
100 dollars is an interesting point. For me Kefine Delci is strong, Singolo, Simgot 500lm, but probably I'd go with simgot em6l. Simgot is always doing great stuff, and worth checking out.
EM6L + DEW4X to balance the brighter tonality out is a good option. The dongle works fine with older iPhone as well and is not picky in terms of USB cable.

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:39 AM Post #99,598 of 100,443
Not that bad 😂 turning on the DSP seems to stress the system more than DSD.

Listening to this combo today. I’m surprised how much this IEM is hated. Any positive review on linsoul website is downvoted to hell. The collab train is running to the ground?

Me? I think this is quite good sonic wise, and impressive from the tuning expertise perspective. I mean KiwiEars managed to force a single DD to hit the same FR curve as Monarch II up to around 6-8kHz, without any electronic crossover or nylon filter. That’s seriously impressive because usually DD does not sound like that.
And that's all it is, in my book, a commendable tech demo that needs to recoup its costs a bit. Why is this a problem? I don't know, unless..

Whoever designed the shells should be reprimanded though. I’m convinced that a greater portion of listeners have not been able to fit these properly. If you hear this IEM to be hollow in the lower mid and weirdly “stretched out” beyond how the Monarch II midrange sounds, it’s likely you have a shallow and leaky fit, even if it feels that the ear tips grip your ear canals.

Probably that's it, not being able to have the correct position and seal, wrong eartips or something, so that bass leaks and the treble shifts downward.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 5:21 AM Post #99,600 of 100,443
Hi all, just posted a review of the Simgot EA2000, the less famous bigger brother of the EA1000. I quite like it
I like it a lot! I have been mentioning that for a while, but no one has been paying attention to it. Good for them. :ksc75smile:

This FA19
Should I skip then FD7 and go for FA19?
Can you briefly compare these two?

So, it's probably the best way to see if IEMs have the bass that suits you.
I might change some opinions about certain IEMs :)
Interestingly...here, I don't hear the bass problem with the Trio that I heard in previous music that I have listened to.
This isolated bass is probably easier to comprehend and evaluate. Hmm... damn, Trio :))
It does sound kind of George Benson's Ibanez...which is good, not a bad thing :)

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back