The discovery thread!
Apr 17, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #99,181 of 100,168
a good way of describing sounds. They can come in at least 8 different octaves and some have much better story-telling capabilities than others.
Joseph Pujol (June 1, 1857 – August 8, 1945), better known by his stage name Le Pétomane (/ləˈpɛtəmeɪn/, French pronunciation: [ləpetɔman]), was a French flatulist (professional fartist) and entertainer. He was famous for his remarkable control of the abdominal muscles, which enabled him to seemingly fart at will.
:wink:

Cheers!

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #99,182 of 100,168
Second day with the CCA TRIO and I, a frequent critic of KZ/CCA tuning (CRA, AS 16 Pro, AST, PLA, etc. yuck!) have to admit that, holy crap, this really worked. Even compared to the 2DD Castor Bass, it's a marked improvement, clearly due to better implementation of the lower mids, which in the case of the Castor are basically non-existent, or are totally covered by the lower frequencies. Unlike Castor, you're not looking for a singer somewhere behind the curtain of the stage at all. In fact, he is standing where he should. The mids have plenty of body, probably because they have a dedicated driver and the upper mids/lower treble component isn't trying to cut a hole in your head. My really only complaint (if there has to be one at this price) is towards the lack of finer detail... However, at this price and the simplicity of the drivers, trying to do the opposite would surely only lead to harshness and fatigue, so I actually prefer to keep my mouth shut. Thanks to KZ, actually CCA, from KZ ZS 10 Pro X (f✴️ck, that's a stupid name even for a harvester) you haven't come any closer to my taste.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #99,183 of 100,168
IMG_8876.jpeg
IMG_8882.jpeg

I just received them and listened to them for just a couple of hours, playing around with the DSP cable.

Aesthetically they are nice, but not gorgeous.
They are more comfortable to wear than the various Blessings, even if they protrude from the ears.

The build quality seems good to me, but not excellent.

Sonically, in my very humble opinion, they sound similar to the B3, but with medium and medium-high tones (let's leave the highs alone, because I'm too old 😂) more refined, less metallic and more natural.

Mammoth bass when necessary, but dry and cold (different from those of the QUATTRO and even more so from those of the Shozy B2).

I already have the analog cable ready to use them in the classic way. I want to test EQ profiles with the T71 Qudelix.

Personally, I like the B3 and B2 Dusk sound, so I like them and would buy them again.

IMG_8878.jpeg

IMG_8879.jpeg

IMG_8881.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #99,185 of 100,168
What is your current EDC (every day carry)?

Currently using:
Daily Carry.jpg

DAP: Sony WM1A DAP (Mr Walkman One WM1Z Plus v2 Mod)
IEMs: EPZ 530 and JVC HA-FW1800
Storage: ALT-R leather case
Xduoo X20 > NiceHCK Black Cat > CCA Trio.

Apr 17, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #99,186 of 100,168
Maybe you should give Hype series a try.

I’m not sure the stock situation and the price nowadays, but FATFreq Maestro Mini is another interesting option to consider.
I’ve seen the maestro mini back in stock at musictek and one other website I can’t think of off the top of my head. Maestro Mini is a great IEM that doesn’t get enough
I confirmed with Musictek as well (and they updated their website) that it's the version refresh that they have in stock for the Maestro Mini with the mesh guard and vents.
It is. I received the newer version approx 2 months ago. It’s strange how even with the absurd bass shelf the treble seems to be clearer than most of my other iems.

Apr 17, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #99,187 of 100,168
Got my mitts on the Kefine Delci today. I understand why people like them for $60. Solid overall tuning, especially if you like sub-bass. I'm more of a mid-bass guy, so there may be a wee bit too much smothering lows for me with tips that fit properly. Female voices also are a bit too recessed for me.

But ... this isn't classic V-shaped tuning since I think the treble extension is just about right. Solid detail for a $60 set.

There's a lot to like here. The Delci aren't a giant slayer, but they're quite competitive in their price range, especially if you like sub-bass. They're not going to supplant the MagicOne as my favorite IEM so far, but they're quite good for the price. I also think they have considerably better stock tuning than the recent belle of the ball, the Simgot EA500 LM. The tuning is more cohesive and musical on the Delci, and there's not excessive treble like with the EA500 LM.

CCA Trio also were supposed to come today but delayed until Friday. Just as well, so I can focus more on the Delci.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #99,188 of 100,168
My thoughts on this, yours may differ: In terms of not meeting the expectations set forth by FiiO's own marketing, sure. The switch is unnecessary too as it's ridiculously dark and feels like it's playing through a pillow case when it's off. In either case, the bass came off slightly bloated and the upper mids were too hot for me making female vocals and string instruments come off harsh with minor sibiilance. Unfortunately I don't see anyone even including it in review comparisons anymore, let alone actually doing reviews or simply talking about the FX15.
Thanks for this quick and easy review of the FX15.

I owe you an explanation, this particular IEM has been a running joke ever since one member who shall not be named (that has since been blocked from all social media) was asking ridiculous and awfully moot questions about it, then bought it and praised it to the moon and back for a month before returning to ask for upgrades.

Apr 17, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #99,189 of 100,168
IMG_8876.jpegIMG_8882.jpeg

I just received them and listened to them for just a couple of hours, playing around with the DSP cable.

Aesthetically they are nice, but not gorgeous.
They are more comfortable to wear than the various Blessings, even if they protrude from the ears.

The build quality seems good to me, but not excellent.

Sonically, in my very humble opinion, they sound similar to the B3, but with medium and medium-high tones (let's leave the highs alone, because I'm too old 😂) more refined, less metallic and more natural.

Mammoth bass when necessary, but dry and cold (different from those of the QUATTRO and even more so from those of the Shozy B2).

I already have the analog cable ready to use them in the classic way. I want to test EQ profiles with the T71 Qudelix.

Personally, I like the B3 and B2 Dusk sound, so I like them and would buy them again.

IMG_8878.jpeg

IMG_8879.jpeg

IMG_8881.jpeg

Nice summary!

... otherwise, am I the only one bothered by the engraved text not being centred under the vent?

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:15 PM Post #99,190 of 100,168
Got my mitts on the Kefine Delci today. I understand why people like them for $60. Solid overall tuning, especially if you like sub-bass. I'm more of a mid-bass guy, so there may be a wee bit too much smothering lows for me with tips that fit properly. Female voices also are a bit too recessed for me.

But ... this isn't classic V-shaped tuning since I think the treble extension is just about right. Solid detail for a $60 set.

There's a lot to like here. The Delci aren't a giant slayer, but they're quite competitive in their price range, especially if you like sub-bass. They're not going to supplant the MagicOne as my favorite IEM so far, but they're quite good for the price. I also think they have considerably better stock tuning than the recent belle of the ball, the Simgot EA500 LM. The tuning is more cohesive and musical on the Delci, and there's not excessive treble like with the EA500 LM.

CCA Trio also were supposed to come today but delayed until Friday. Just as well, so I can focus more on the Delci.

I was going to order Delci but delayed it because I'm really enjoying the CCA Trio at the moment, but it's good to hear another positive review of the Delci. Once they get a little more discounted I'll jump on them right away.

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:26 PM Post #99,191 of 100,168
I was going to order Delci but delayed it because I'm really enjoying the CCA Trio at the moment, but it's good to hear another positive review of the Delci. Once they get a little more discounted I'll jump on them right away.
The Delci are really growing on me with more listening time. While the MagicOne still has better separation and imaging and more neutral, smooth tonality, the Delci has better bass (especially sub-bass) and treble that is ample without going overboard. The Delci are more fun than the MagicOne with bass-oriented music, such as EDM, soul, disco. I'm REALLY enjoying Jose James' EXCELLENT new album, 1979, with the Delci, while I enjoy alt-country, bluegrass, Americana and mellow rock more with the MagicOne.

I would describe the Delci sound signature as U-shaped, with the left side (bass) of the U taller than the right (treble). Still, in the best compliment I can pay to an IEM at any price, there's nothing in the sound signature of the Delci that makes me frown or grimace. Yeah, the sub-bass is a little strong for me for non-bass genres, but hot damn, it's delicious with stuff like the Jose James album.

Contrast that with the Galileo, which left me wanting more in the treble and less shout in the midrange. Or with the EA500 LM, which caused me to wince at least two or three times per song due to the excessive treble and upper mids shout.

Very impressed with the Delci so far, especially for $60.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #99,193 of 100,168
My only minor reservations would be the absence of the finest details, and I would also like to see the bass a bit more contoured. At the price, however, it's probably not fair to have exaggerated expectations.
More contoured? Are you talking about bass or ass? :).

Apr 17, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #99,194 of 100,168
Am waiting for the moment in this particular convo when you start pimping the Trio... How long is it going to take?!
If I want mids, I don't turn to the Trio specifically. I turn to the mid champ in my collection, the Aures.

Apr 17, 2024 at 8:30 PM Post #99,195 of 100,168
If y’all trying to talk mids, how bout the old Aurisonics Rockets? Think Hifiman 262 texturing but with better balance. Unfortunately the same praise can’t be given to it’s treble response.
Lush mids with crappy treble extension ON BOTH. The reason I had the opportunity to purchase BOTH, and said no thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back