The discovery thread!
May 11, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #9,631 of 100,750
Quote:
Listening to KO makes your audio gear redundant.

Anyone on here try out the budget TDK wonders (not the MT300) that nick n has a thread on?

Must experience KO....

And are you talking about the EB750's?

May 11, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #9,632 of 100,750
Quote:
^ you know what i had those exact thoughts for some time but when i ampped those WS99s and bass boost them on my e17 lordy lord!!!
L3000.gif
Gets the cups shaking but the bass comes through so clean and tight. I never gets distorted. But having said that, my super modded HM5 S500s can even hang with those WS99s so................

True, the s500's (even unmodded) are awesome. But also true, the ws99's are just way more refined overall. Amp'em, crank'em, awesome addictive sound.

Quote:
/ Nope not interested in any more TDKs cuz those MT300s still haunts me till this day.
tongue.gif

And here I was this close to forgiving you and sending you the 1k's for reviewing. Oh well.
tongue_smile.gif

May 11, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #9,633 of 100,750
Quote:
Must experience KO....

HERE WE GO. OH SCHIIT IMA HIT THAT ******************.
Poetic genius.

The non-white ceramic TDKs - not sure about the model number.

And here I was this close to forgiving you and sending you the 1k's for reviewing. Oh well. 
tongue_smile.gif

You should just say you'll do it, print out a FR graph, laminate it, then ship it instead of the CKS1000 since you'll be lending them to me wink wink.

May 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #9,634 of 100,750
Quote:
You should just say you'll do it, print out a FR graph, laminate it, then ship it instead of the CKS1000 since you'll be lending them to me wink wink.

LOL! Yes, sfw gets the doodle-art graph, and you get the 1k's. I like that!

May 11, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #9,635 of 100,750
Quote:

Headphones and iems are so different that I can't see how one would make the other redundant. But, if you simply are using the CKN70's the majority of the time and are hardly ever using the S500's (and you don't think that you will), then I can understand you not wanting to keep them. And I can also understand the desire to sell something to fund something new - been there, done that! Fwiw, one reason that I am finally so happy is because with the ath trifecta that I have going on, each item sounds awesome yet sufficiently different! Each one can handle anything with aplomb, yet I love the AD900X's for rock, pop etc as well as for tv/movies, I love the WS99's for anything bass oriented (ie trance), and I love the CKS1000's for pretty much everything (but, having something jammed into my ears for too long simply starts driving me batty). So I love being able to switch between the three depending on my mood or depending on what I'm listening too. And the trifecta have definitely staunched my upgrade-itis quite a bit (thank goodness)! Sorry for the ramble
smile.gif

That's what point I want to reach, where I can say enough is enough and don't feel like upgrading anymore 
smile.gif
  I've just realised that I prefer IEM's over Headphones and imo for me I prefer the CKN70's sound sig over the S500's anyway so they ain't getting no time really.

I'm most interested in the CKS1000's over the FXZ200 and GR07 BE's. Anyone have these? Which is best out of the 3?

May 11, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #9,636 of 100,750
Quote:

Must experience KO....

^ Oh you still haven't been KOed yet??? Here ya' go.
... Those shiny bulging muskels!!! <333s
Quote:
HERE WE GO. OH SCHIIT IMA HIT THAT ******************.
Poetic genius.

The non-white ceramic TDKs - not sure about the model number.

YES YES YES lyrics to live by!!! My life is now complete, thank you KO you GOD!!!

Quote:

^ Pissssh Twinkies' ears are so cheap even ho hos cost more. : P

That would be a mistake of epic proportions, DON"T DO IT!!!

May 11, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #9,637 of 100,750
Quote:
I'm most interested in the CKS1000's over the FXZ200 and GR07 BE's. Anyone have these? Which is best out of the 3?

I can't comment no the 200's (I think only dsnuts has the 200's and the 1000's). I have the BE's though. They are great iems - very balanced - everything is right with them. And they don't stick out nearly as far as the 1000's lol! The thing though that separates the 1K's from the BE's is the soundstage. It really is like going from excellent 2D to excellent 3D. With the 1k's, you are immersed with a very wide and a very deep soundstage. The imaging is amazing. Instruments are left, right, close, far. You are completely immersed by the music. The bass is always perfectly there - deep and present but not overpowering, very much like with good headphones. The mids are neither forward or recessed - just perfect imo. And the treble is detailed and extended. A very engaging sound to me, the likes of which I haven't heard in an iem before (not to say there aren't others out there with the same characteristics).

May 11, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #9,638 of 100,750
Quote:

That would be a mistake of epic proportions, DON"T DO IT!!!

I'll have you know ho hos are super ritzy when you're not situated in the Mexican troll ghettos.

And of course you'd have to consider the fact that master troll here bombarded his ears with 10,000 hrs of aggressive 120dB burn-in from those BEs, so listening impressions might not be the most accurate.

Quote:

I'm liking it. I'm liking it a lot.

May 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #9,639 of 100,750
Quote:

Lol! Just don't tell anyone in the "Buying portable or in-ear headphones" thread that - he is a god in that thread! Indeed, whenever I read his input there, I am somewhat awed - how does our friend TwinQY, the friend with ears so cheap even ho hos cost more,  know this much lol?!

May 12, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #9,640 of 100,750
Quote:

I can't comment no the 200's (I think only dsnuts has the 200's and the 1000's). I have the BE's though. They are great iems - very balanced - everything is right with them. And they don't stick out nearly as far as the 1000's lol! The thing though that separates the 1K's from the BE's is the soundstage. It really is like going from excellent 2D to excellent 3D. With the 1k's, you are immersed with a very wide and a very deep soundstage. The imaging is amazing. Instruments are left, right, close, far. You are completely immersed by the music. The bass is always perfectly there - deep and present but not overpowering, very much like with good headphones. The mids are neither forward or recessed - just perfect imo. And the treble is detailed and extended. A very engaging sound to me, the likes of which I haven't heard in an iem before (not to say there aren't others out there with the same characteristics).

CKS1000>DX210>COR150..Proper bass phones on all 3 price tiers.

May 12, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #9,641 of 100,750
Quote:
Lol! Just don't tell anyone in the "Buying portable or in-ear headphones" thread that - he is a god in that thread! Indeed, whenever I read his input there, I am somewhat awed - how does our friend TwinQY, the friend with ears so cheap even ho hos cost more,  know this much lol?!

Inflation my friend, plenty and plenty of inflation. 
It's not really something to be awed by though - half the time I realize I might be off-kilter with my impressions. 

Oh, and BTW, recruiting for the thread in case anyone's interested - Warren is on board which makes my life 1000x easier. 

May 12, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #9,642 of 100,750
Quote:
I'll have you know ho hos are super ritzy when you're not situated in the Mexican troll ghettos.

And of course you'd have to consider the fact that master troll here bombarded his ears with 10,000 hrs of aggressive 120dB burn-in from those BEs, so listening impressions might not be the most accurate.
I'm liking it. I'm liking it a lot.

Hey how you know i get my "ho hos" from the mexican dollar stores.
redface.gif
wink_face.gif

Quote:

You know w/rappers have their book of rhymes, Twinkie here has a book of iems. That's where he gets his super powers from.  Super Twinkie is an attention whore that's why and he knows it.
tongue.gif
  One of these days i am gonna steal that holy book of his which he religiously worships daily and we'll see how godly he is without it.

.... book of iems come to my dirty lil' hands!!! hohos
biggrin.gif

Quote:
CKS1000>DX210>COR150..Proper bass phones on all 3 price tiers.

Don't try to dodge the question Ds, how 'bout those FXZ200s though.
bigsmile_face.gif

Let me fix that for ya' FXZ200 > ALL!!! nuff said. : P
Quote:
Inflation my friend, plenty and plenty of inflation. 
It's not really something to be awed by though - half the time I realize I might be off-kilter with my impressions. 

Oh, and BTW, recruiting for the thread in case anyone's interested - Warren is on board which makes my life 1000x easier. 

Yeppp, at least you admit it, that Twinkie ego is SUPER inflated. Too much of that buttery/ sugary stuffing gets to your head meng, ease off of it. heeeee

I would if i could but ya' know.......

.... i don't wanna crush that lil' Twinkie ego of yours.
ksc75smile.gif

May 12, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #9,643 of 100,750
Quote:
You know w/rappers have their book of rhymes, Twinkie here has a book of iems. That's where he gets his super powers from.  Super Twinkie is an attention whore that's why and he knows it.
tongue.gif
  One of these days i am gonna steal that holy book of his which he religiously worships daily and we'll see how godly he is without it.

It's just a note file on my iPod. You can borrow it whenever you want.

Yeppp, at least you admit it, that Twinkie ego is SUPER inflated. Too much of that buttery/ sugary stuffing gets to your head meng, ease off of it. heeeee

I would if i could but ya' know.......

.... i don't wanna crush that lil' Twinkie ego of yours. 
ksc75smile.gif

Dem fighting words mang. 
We'll see who's laughing when you get dem CKS1000 laminated graphs in the mail. 

Welp, that's enough tomfoolery for me today - forgot what my original question was (oh, right the TDKs) since I've been having so much fun making fun of master troll - it's not hard, you guys should try it out more!

May 12, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #9,644 of 100,750
Quote:
It's just a note file on my iPod. You can borrow it whenever you want.

Dem fighting words mang. 
We'll see who's laughing when you get dem CKS1000 laminated graphs in the mail. 

Welp, that's enough tomfoolery for me today - forgot what my original question was (oh, right the TDKs) since I've been having so much fun making fun of master troll - it's not hard, you guys should try it out more!

^
... say what!!! Who is making fun of who now???
normal_smile .gif

PM me those secret iem files of yours, wanna see how good dem notes are. hoho WAYNE is probably drooling like a uncontrollable school girl in an all pink hello kitty store. : P

I got a secret iem coming as well. It's not THAT secret but just tryin' to keep things mo' interesting. Will see soon enough................... i hope.
triportsad.gif

May 12, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #9,645 of 100,750
I just had a thought..These drivers are bigger on the COR150. They look like 12.5mm or 13mm drivers.. Which got me thinking. Something smells kinda fishy here.

I know manufacturers like to reuse stuff they have a stock pile of.. These simply sound too good and also kinda sounds familiar to me. They don't sound like the CKS earphones.. These sound like CKM earphones. CKM500 to be exact. Similar in tonality. Hmmm.. Could these be CKM500s in disguise?

Now that the COR150 have been burned in, how do they sound against the CKM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back