The discovery thread!
Mar 15, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #8,086 of 102,870
Quote:
Guys, I know I'm beating a dead horse but the XBA-40's are one hell of a deal for $200.

I built my CmoyBB to pair it with and holy crap I almost shat my pants.

I sometimes can't believe what i hear.

I believe you 110%. I was shocked when I saw that magazine and they were ranked above stuff like the IE80, CK100PRO, and even the K3003
eek.gif
. All the new XBAs seem amazing as a matter of fact.

Danny you're getting the XBA-30, 40, AND the MX2? <jelly>

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #8,087 of 102,870
I'm pretty sure that if you feed the xba40's through the right source , they will smoke a whole plethora of iem's (including the ckn70's). This thread has got me mini-lusting over them:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/653564/review-xba-3-vs-xba-30-vs-xba-40

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #8,089 of 102,870
Quote:
The ghost has reappeared!!! You gonna try those GR07 BE as well??? LMAO  I like your subtle style of mud slinging meng.
wink_face.gif
It's great to hear you're still digging those ADxs. But let me ask you a question though, what do/ would you consider as your "end all do all iems"??? Will you know it only if you get to hear it or you have some notion of what it entails cuz i don't think such a thing exist meng.
confused_face_2.gif
Sorry to break it to ya'.
biggrin.gif

Oh no you don't !
mad.gif
   ...that ain't no mud slinging or anything remotely close to it !
I've got too much respect for Bros like Ericp, Danny, Dsnut and several others to even dispute what they have posted, you got to understand that there is good hype and then there is bad hype ! Audio phones are like women (or men, if you're a lady), the type that appeals to me might be a total turn off for you, so just learn to accept that.

"end all do all iems" ?   ......there ain't no such thing !   ....but there is such a thing as a finite bank account !
frown.gif

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #8,090 of 102,870
I have tried the 40's through the iPhone 5 which sounds really good but the bass is a little loose.  When I fed it through the Studio V 3rd Anniv., the bass tightened up a whole lot and the sound is unbelievable.  I'll try it out with other sources over the weekend but this phone so far is top notch.  

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #8,091 of 102,870
Man, I can't believe you have the 40's as well. Luckiest guy alive! Please just don't start hyping them like you've been hyping the ws99's. Try to show a slight modicum of mercy for once!

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #8,092 of 102,870
Quote:

Oh no you don't !
mad.gif
   ...that ain't no mud slinging or anything remotely close to it !
I've got too much respect for Bros like Ericp, Danny, Dsnut and several others to even dispute what they have posted, you got to understand that there is good hype and then there is bad hype ! Audio phones are like women (or men, if you're a lady), the type that appeals to me might be a total turn off for you, so just learn to accept that.

"end all do all iems" ?   ......there ain't no such thing !   ....but there is such a thing as a finite bank account !
frown.gif

Chill ghost was just a little payback for all your trollin' done on poor ol' sf.
biggrin.gif
I was just helping you to elaborate that's all. Ericp is a good sport, don't think he was butt hurt by it at all, i am sure he knew i was just messing around.

You mean lovely wo-men like so......
.... at least i am classy enough to use the spoiler function unlike someone.
biggrin.gif

I hear ya' at the no end all, sadly there is always a higher mountain above those green hills.
triportsad.gif

Mar 15, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #8,094 of 102,870
All is good fellas, Ghostfit and sfwalcer. I respect all opinions! 
beerchug.gif

Mar 15, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #8,096 of 102,870
Quote:
I have tried the 40's through the iPhone 5 which sounds really good but the bass is a little loose.  When I fed it through the Studio V 3rd Anniv., the bass tightened up a whole lot and the sound is unbelievable.  I'll try it out with other sources over the weekend but this phone so far is top notch.  

If you do have the ckn70s, how bad does the ckn70 fall behind? 

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #8,097 of 102,870
Going to sell my CKN70s, can't get away with J-cord at all..Question is where to go from my FX101s that had a Y-cord.

Got my CKN70's and sold them a couple of days later for the same reason. Didn't even get to burn them in fully to get the true sound. Right out of the box I could tell they were a huge improvement from my FX40s though. Would have ended up liking them if not for the cord, same reason I never liked the M1HC.

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #8,098 of 102,870
Quote:
Got my CKN70's and sold them a couple of days later for the same reason. Didn't even get to burn them in fully to get the true sound. Right out of the box I could tell they were a huge improvement from my FX40s though. Would have ended up liking them if not for the cord, same reason I never liked the M1HC.

Yep, I just need to find a buyer and find my next set of IEMs :)

Mar 15, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #8,100 of 102,870
So I've been reading and comparing reviews on the ath-AD900x and the ath-A900x. I decided to go with the A900x mainly because I don't think the AD900x will have enough bass for me, and I've reading that the A900x has a decent and wide enough soundstage for a closed back. We will see, and hopefully this will be my last "headphone" in a long while. I'm not crazy about headphones, and I never listen to my M-50. I do enjoy my S500 and FA-011. And the Creative Live (but I rarely pull it out. Most of my time will be spent with earphones, but I wanted a big clear sounding headphone for occasional movie watching and to not have something stuck inside of my ears all the time. I'm reading that A900x is about on par with the AD900x in clarity. And I found them new in the USA for a fantastic price. I should see it next week. I'll let you know how it works out for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back