The discovery thread!
Mar 2, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #7,741 of 103,843
Quote:
hey hey isn't there some rule about comparing iems to headphone is a total no no??? Seems like that old school mentality is out the window with these micro CTN drivers and 3x dynamics/ multi chambers etc, tech used in IEMs. It is a fair comparison nowadays between the two, just crazy how fast iem tech has evolved.

I think that's why the S500s are still better to me. If only these CKN70s were full sized headphones.. :O After some burn in these might be better, we'll see.

Mar 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #7,742 of 103,843
Quote:
I think that's why the S500s are still better to me. If only these CKN70s were full sized headphones.. :O After some burn in these might be better, we'll see.

But... but they are just in the form of the ES700s. LoL Yeah i guess when it's a headphone all the sonic abilities gets amplified for best or for worst. But what i am hearing from my FXZ200s man oh man they almost sound like full size headphones, had to sometimes double check. haha

Mar 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #7,743 of 103,843
Quote:
But... but they are just in the form of the ES700s. LoL Yeah i guess when it's a headphone all the sonic abilities gets amplified for best or for worst. But what i am hearing from my FXZ200s man oh man they almost sound like full size headphones, had to sometimes double check. haha

I'm definitely still gonna get 'em someday.

Mar 2, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #7,744 of 103,843
Quote:
I'm definitely still gonna get 'em someday.

That's what i tell myself every hour of everyday as well.
rolleyes.gif
  Great minds think alike!!!
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #7,745 of 103,843
It was an auction. No one bit so I did.

But these are easily worth $26.99 and MORE.

Wow, the cheapest I can find is around £20 which is way more lol

That's what i tell myself every hour of everyday as well. :rolleyes:   Great minds think alike!!! :D

Me three lol :p

I just keep telling myself to go for the CKN70, but I know if I do I'll miss not saving up for the ES700s. :frowning2:

Mar 2, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #7,747 of 103,843
So these aren't an upgrade after all? 
frown.gif

To be fair mate, you are trying to match IEMs with headphones. That's a very tricky practice.

I suggest you just go for them, if you end up not enjoying the sound then you can always sell them on. They are only just over £40 when ordering from Amazon.co.jp.

If you don't try them you'll never know for sure, the only true ears are your ears!

Mar 2, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #7,748 of 103,843
Quote:
So these aren't an upgrade after all? 
frown.gif

I said: we'll see. I think they are going to be. If you want me to compare them more proportionately I can safely say that the CKN70s sound better than the FXD80s. I think after some time passes these might become my favorite headphones, but we'll see.

Mar 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #7,749 of 103,843
Quote:
To be fair mate, you are trying to match IEMs with headphones. That's a very tricky practice.

I suggest you just go for them, if you end up not enjoying the sound then you can always sell them on. They are only just over £40 when ordering from Amazon.co.jp.

If you don't try them you'll never know for sure, the only true ears are your ears!

Yeah, £45 but then you have to take into account shipping which I'm not sure how much it will cost via Tenso, probably around £10-15. Still, I guess £55-60 ain't too bad but I'm the same as you, I'm wondering if I should just save up for the FXZ200's instead, which I'm guessing would be a significant upgrade. 

Mar 2, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #7,750 of 103,843
I think for synthetic music ie EDM, hiphop the HA-S500 certainly holds their own and excel at it.. Where the CKN70 leaves the HA-S500 behind is for vocals and instrument timbre. It is like a mature version of the sound signature on the HA-S500.  I wouldn't necessarily sell your HA-S500 but when we are talking about precision and an earphone that does vocals like nothing I have ever heard the CKN70 is a special earphone..Where the real difference is. The CKN70 can do music much like the HA-S500 but the HA-S500 can't do the music like the CKN70. 

The beauty is what you own is what you own. Unlike many that sell off a former favorite while coveting a new one. A collection is a collection. I would enjoy each phone you guys own for what they are..I don't know about you guys but I personally like having different phones that sound different. If they all sounded and performed the same. Whats the fun in that.

Mar 2, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #7,751 of 103,843
Quote:
I think for synthetic music ie EDM, hiphop the HA-S500 certainly holds their own and excel at it.. Where the CKN70 leaves the HA-S500 behind is for vocals and instrument timbre. It is like a mature version of the sound signature on the HA-S500.  I wouldn't necessarily sell your HA-S500 but when we are talking about precision and an earphone that does vocals like nothing I have ever heard the CKN70 is a special earphone..Where the real difference is. The CKN70 can do music much like the HA-S500 but the HA-S500 can't do the music like the CKN70. 

The beauty is what you own is what you own. Unlike many that sell off a former favorite while coveting a new one. A collection is a collection. I would enjoy each phone you guys own for what they are..I don't know about you guys but I personally like having different phones that sound different. If they all sounded and performed the same. Whats the fun in that.

I would say this is one of the main genres I listen to. Do the CKN70's do hip-hop and R&B well?

Mar 2, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #7,752 of 103,843
I use Lil wayne as a tester for bass sub bass and hip hop in general. Lets just say it passed with flying colors full sub bass included. What is great about the bass end on the CKN70 is for bass genres it has excellence. The quality is so great that if there is bass emphasis these have it..Dynamic bass in the truest form. These have that. Bass with less quality has either one note bass or has bass that overtake other frequencies. Not so with these. While these aren't for bass heads or guys that just want mind numbing bass but I bet even bass guys will take note of the tight punchy excellent bass response on these.

I don't hear anything lacking on these earphones. In fact the opposite. Be prepared to hear things you never heard before.

Mar 2, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #7,753 of 103,843
Quote:
I use Lil wayne as a tester for bass sub bass and hip hop in general. Lets just say it passed with flying colors full sub bass included. What is great about the bass end on the CKN70 is for bass genres it has excellence. The quality is so great that if there is bass emphasis these have it..Dynamic bass in the truest form. These have that. Bass with less quality has either one note bass or has bass that overtake other frequencies. Not so with these. While these aren't for bass heads or guys that just want mind numbing bass but I bet even bass guys will take note of the tight punchy excellent bass response on these.

I don't hear anything lacking on these earphones. In fact the opposite. Be prepared to hear things you never heard before.

Nice, that's reassuring to hear. I'll be ordering these in Silver too
smile_phones.gif

What tips should I get? (I can't get those Auvio ones here)

Mar 2, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #7,754 of 103,843
Anything with a wider bore but I think with more experimentation with other tips one can certainly bring out even more bass if that is their preference.  Monster tips for example usually brings out more bass in earphones. Even the stock Sony hybrids usually bring out more bass. So while there is that. The sound foundation is what is great on these. I generally like a wider bore tip. Meelec and Sennheiser double flange tips.. Try out the stock tips first and then move on from there.

Mar 2, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #7,755 of 103,843
Quote:
Anything with a wider bore but I think with more experimentation with other tips one can certainly bring out even more bass if that is their preference.  Monster tips for example usually brings out more bass in earphones. Even the stock Sony hybrids usually bring out more bass. So while there is that. The sound foundation is what is great on these. I generally like a wider bore tip. Meelec and Sennheiser double flange tips.. Try out the stock tips first and then move on from there.

Ok, thanks. What affect would the FX101 tips have on these do you think?

Are these the Sennheiser tips? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-6-Replacement-SENNHEISER-DOUBLE-FLANGE-Earbud-Tips-LARGE-In-Ear-Headphone-/110976317583?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item19d6b4388f

Users who are viewing this thread

Back