The discovery thread!
Feb 25, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #7,411 of 100,444
Quote:
Yes they are. I ordered some from this vendor that had this pic on ebay. I am using them on my new CKN70s.

Thanks, look like I will be ordering some.

Also more importantly, sorry to hear about your situation. Its gonna be hard not having someone like yourself around more often to help the newbies (like me). 

Feb 25, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #7,412 of 100,444
Hey Dsnuts, I just got a pair of FX101 and FX40. Yeah the SQ is quite nice, but what prevent me with enjoying these babe is the fact that they make hissing background noise.
Yes, with almost ALL of my equipment.
I use them with a Fiio e6 connected with my mac, ipod nano, iphone. While only the iphone that does not make hissing noise, all other stuff suffer at a certain level. I really can't enjoy it, the sound is very prominent. 
My other headphone and IEM (SHE3580, 8320, HD439) deal fine with all of these stuff.
So how can I fix it? Cause really, I like my JVC pair a lot. Please answer asap. Thanks

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #7,414 of 100,444
Good luck in the future Ds. You are one of the most helpful and compelling people I have met on this site. A true representative of Head-Fi. Always taking one for the team, getting something because it just seemed interesting. You showed everyone some of the best sounding headphones and IEMs ever made. My CKN70s have been bought in your honor. 
beerchug.gif

Feb 25, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #7,415 of 100,444
Best of luck dsnuts. Just wanted to chime in, as this thread and many others you created helped me make a lot of decisions and enjoy the audio trade far more than I would have. Hope you land on your feet.

Feb 25, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #7,416 of 100,444
I'd just like to say thank you, Dsnuts. As a noob, you helped me make decisions on buying my first IEM's & Headphones a few months back (JVC FX101 & JVC S500) I wouldn't have known these existed if it weren't for you. You make a huge contribution to this site and will be missed. I hope you find your feet soon, all the best.

Feb 25, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #7,417 of 100,444
Try just plugging in directly to your ipod..I never heard any type of background sound just using them directly to my Sony daps.

Yes I did that. Man I can't believe why it makes those noise. Both of my JVC pair :frowning2: but oddily, my iphone 4s is working fine with these iem.
Now I'm letting it burn in and see what happened.
By the way, I really like the 8320. It rock!!!

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #7,418 of 100,444
Thank you mugen3, Gee, dflock I appreciate all you guys.

I burned in my new CKN70 in for the past 4 hours or so. They are no where near done. But this is what I am hearing from them. right now.

AT has once again shown the mastery of tuning.. I have not been disappointed with a single item from AT this year.. I didn't even have to think twice about the CKN70 for me to bite on them.. This sound is decidedly high end..

It is unfortunate that AT has decided to use the same exact cord they used on the cheaper CKN50. Comfort and fit is exactly like the CKN50 it is a non issue. There is not an ear that will have an issue with the comfort of these in ears. But how does these sound?

The balancing on these earphones are a work of art. There is not a range these don't hit with precision. This sound is not just about the nicely done high level of detail but the smoothness of that detail on here is effortless. These remind me a bit of the tuning that is on the ES700. The level of detail is very similar to armatures in detail. These do remind me much of how my XBA-3s sound. Yet the mids on these.. I will get back to that here in a few. The all aluminum housing has something to do with the sweetness of sound these are emitting..

The highs..At another level of refinement. The highs are the new AT version..The highs are a bit forward in the mix but no where near the unrefined ear splitting sharpness that used to be on many of their older earphones. These have absolute control in this region and high end sparkle abound very natural and transients are spot on. Timbre detail is yet another very fine aspect of this sound..I mention that this sound is effortless and I think it has everything to do with ATs version of the carbon nanotube they are using on these earphones. Now let me get to what is without a doubt the best part of these earphone.

The mids..The balancing and depth in the mids are superb.. Vocals are not only portrayed with the power and intention of the artist but also a smoothness and a touch of sweetness that is only on a higher end sound.. AT this year has done the one thing that other companies only wish they can do. Vocals on these do remind me of the vocal performance of the ES700s.Imagery and instrument separation is very distinct yet so cohesive in what I am hearing..It is astounding I am getting all this from one single 5.7mm Micro HD driver. The added aluminum housing on these earphones add to this sound a command and control that is unheard of for this cost. I can sense the mids will become more fuller and I bet even smoother than how they sound now with a full burn in cycle and if that happens. Game over my friends.

The bass.
Magic. Just magic..These actually adjust to the bass level of the tune more than have a set level of bass. See cheaper phones have a certain amount of bass boost and that is it. You get to enjoy that bass even if you don't want to. Not with these..If your tune has sub bass that comes in like your friends Honda trunk o funk 12 inch. Guess what these will bring it.. Be it natural or synthetic bass is not only controlled but is very satisfactory..Tonality is spot on and is very textured and layered to perfection. Simply put these have a very high quality bass on these earphones. It is not a question if these will hit them bass notes but more of a question of if your tune has it in it.

It is surprising to me that this earphone is not only sounds like they have 3 drivers in the ears that represent the highs mids and lows but then they have all the goodies that make up a high end performing earphone. If these actually get better with burn in. Oh man.

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #7,419 of 100,444
HOLY CRAP HYPED!!! Damn and I just got my FXZ200s. Looks like i got no choice but to get these babies as well.  AND  EVERYTHING ATH released this year. LMAO 
deadhorse.gif

edit: can't wait for the A/Bs between all the micro carbon/ nanotube drivers, it's gonna be an epic showdown. I have this feeling ATH is gonna come out as the undisputed TOP DOG in this fight. 

Feb 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #7,424 of 100,444
Thank you mugen3, Gee, dflock I appreciate all you guys.

I burned in my new CKN70 in for the past 4 hours or so. They are no where near done. But this is what I am hearing from them. right now.

AT has once again shown the mastery of tuning.. I have not been disappointed with a single item from AT this year.. I didn't even have to think twice about the CKN70 for me to bite on them.. This sound is decidedly high end..

It is unfortunate that AT has decided to use the same exact cord they used on the cheaper CKN50. Comfort and fit is exactly like the CKN50 it is a non issue. There is not an ear that will have an issue with the comfort of these in ears. But how does these sound?

The balancing on these earphones are a work of art. There is not a range these don't hit with precision. This sound is not just about the nicely done high level of detail but the smoothness of that detail on here is effortless. These remind me a bit of the tuning that is on the ES700. The level of detail is very similar to armatures in detail. These do remind me much of how my XBA-3s sound. Yet the mids on these.. I will get back to that here in a few. The all aluminum housing has something to do with the sweetness of sound these are emitting..

The highs..At another level of refinement. The highs are the new AT version..The highs are a bit forward in the mix but no where near the unrefined ear splitting sharpness that used to be on many of their older earphones. These have absolute control in this region and high end sparkle abound very natural and transients are spot on. Timbre detail is yet another very fine aspect of this sound..I mention that this sound is effortless and I think it has everything to do with ATs version of the carbon nanotube they are using on these earphones. Now let me get to what is without a doubt the best part of these earphone.

The mids..The balancing and depth in the mids are superb.. Vocals are not only portrayed with the power and intention of the artist but also a smoothness and a touch of sweetness that is only on a higher end sound.. AT this year has done the one thing that other companies only wish they can do. Vocals on these do remind me of the vocal performance of the ES700s.Imagery and instrument separation is very distinct yet so cohesive in what I am hearing..It is astounding I am getting all this from one single 5.7mm Micro HD driver. The added aluminum housing on these earphones add to this sound a command and control that is unheard of for this cost. I can sense the mids will become more fuller and I bet even smoother than how they sound now with a full burn in cycle and if that happens. Game over my friends.

The bass.
Magic. Just magic..These actually adjust to the bass level of the tune more than have a set level of bass. See cheaper phones have a certain amount of bass boost and that is it. You get to enjoy that bass even if you don't want to. Not with these..If your tune has sub bass that comes in like your friends Honda trunk o funk 12 inch. Guess what these will bring it.. Be it natural or synthetic bass is not only controlled but is very satisfactory..Tonality is spot on and is very textured and layered to perfection. Simply put these have a very high quality bass on these earphones. It is not a question if these will hit them bass notes but more of a question of if your tune has it in it.

It is surprising to me that this earphone is not only sounds like they have 3 drivers in the ears that represent the highs mids and lows but then they have all the goodies that make up a high end performing earphone. If these actually get better with burn in. Oh man.

OMG Dsnuts. I just bought 4 iem at one. Don't force me to go and buy one more lol

Feb 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #7,425 of 100,444
All I had was cheech and bill Murray from ghostbusters for dolls so I chose cheech.   I'm usually somewhat skeptical until you come in and blow it up.   Like I said AT, JVC and whatever else salesman of the year.  You deserve 30% of the sales.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back