The discovery thread!
Jan 26, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #6,497 of 100,464
Don't worry i am gonna tell my cousins to get both of these somics for dirt cheap when they visit China later this year. Not in any rush since i got too much on my plate as is. Don't want to dethrone my godly S500s just yet, i am not ready to let them go. LoL

edit: But wait, didn't Cash say that these somic MTs are more "neutral" meaning as in a more "balanced" sound siggy??? How does it have more bass than the S500s then? :confused_face_2:

It doesn't have more bass, but it has some nutso-crazy extension.

Doesn't matter. I won't call them orgasmic or anything weird like that (like some people), but the bass is ama-zuh-zing. They thump a bit with the 840 pads after burn in.

Anyway, I kind of have a theory about these things.

The PROs were created for legitimate studio use, but once they realized that no professionals would buy headphones from them (too hung up on Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Shure, AT and the like), they gave them a crappy red color and decided to market them as a portable to reach a different demographic.

Good business, unlike naming your keyboard company Jizz.

Jan 26, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #6,499 of 100,464
Quote:
Why buy those when you can buy the thing he sold them for?
wink_face.gif

I know right, but i just love these S500s too much and want to see what cute's modded set sounds like. But that re-cabled sound difference is probably just all in his head.
wink_face.gif

I am getting those somic sooner or later regardless, so it's all good.

Great theory Cash, seems like a legit break down.
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #6,500 of 100,464
I know right, but i just love these S500s too much and want to see what cute's modded set sounds like. But that re-cabled sound difference is probably just all in his head. :wink_face:

I am getting those somic sooner or later regardless, so it's all good.

Great theory Cash, seems like a legit break down. :D

Sounds good!

It sounds like there are labor shortages in Somicville. I haven't gotten my e-mail replied to (4 days), and sellers are having a hard time obtaining their products for eBay.

Hopefully, they're still around.

Jan 26, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #6,501 of 100,464
Quote:
Sounds good!

It sounds like there are labor shortages in Somicville. I haven't gotten my e-mail replied to (4 days), and sellers are having a hard time obtaining their products for eBay.

Hopefully, they're still around.

How can they be short on these somics in China of all places??? Not like these are a really popular "brand name" or has a crazy cult following there. But i could be wrong. Nonetheless there should be stock piles of them unless somic is a crazy small company that is just starting up.

I dunno this entire labor/ stock shortage thing is odd indeed.
rolleyes.gif
It's not like they are apple or something with the factory suicides/ protests and all. :  (

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #6,502 of 100,464
How can they be short on these somics in China of all places??? Not like these are a really popular "brand name" or has a crazy cult following there. But i could be wrong. Nonetheless there should be stock piles of them unless somic is a crazy small company that is just starting up.

I dunno this entire labor/ stock shortage thing is odd indeed. :rolleyes: It's not like they are apple or something with the factory suicides/ protests and all. :  (

I just meant that I hope they stick around as a company and that their well-researched headphones get bought.

If high-level audio doesn't sell, Somic might resort to Beats clones or Hello Kitty headphones. That'd suck, and it's more plausible than you might think.

These phones, yeah, you'll find 'em.

But what about the EFi-83s?

Then again, apparently the labor issue was due to trouble keeping up with demand. Maybe that means the 83 (or whatever they call their next headphone) will be better than the 82. Wouldn't that be something?

They can make this for less than $30. Considering R & D costs, transportation costs, and seller mark-up, the actual units are probably under $25 to make, if not, lower.

Imagine what they can do with a $100 headphone. Craziness.

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #6,503 of 100,464
Quote:

I dunno this entire labor/ stock shortage thing is odd indeed.
rolleyes.gif
It's not like they are apple or something with the factory suicides/ protests and all. :  (

Similar to the swan speakers as they are always out of stock in American states. 
Quote:
I just meant that I hope they stick around as a company and that their well-researched headphones get bought.

If high-level audio doesn't sell, Somic might resort to Beats clones or Hello Kitty headphones. That'd suck, and it's more plausible than you might think.

These phones, yeah, you'll find 'em.

But what about the EFi-83s?

Then again, apparently the labor issue was due to trouble keeping up with demand. Maybe that means the 83 (or whatever they call their next headphone) will be better than the 82. Wouldn't that be something?

They can make this for less than $30. Considering R & D costs, transportation costs, and seller mark-up, the actual units are probably under $25 to make, if not, lower.

Imagine what they can do with a $100 headphone. Craziness.

it's cool, I would not worry about it.
http://www.amazon.cn/Somic-%E7%A1%95%E7%BE%8E%E7%A7%91-EFi82MT-%E5%85%A8%E6%96%B0%E6%94%B9%E7%89%88-%E7%AB%8B%E4%BD%93%E5%A3%B0%E7%9B%91%E5%90%AC%E8%80%B3%E6%9C%BA-%E6%90%AD%E5%BB%BA%E4%B8%AA%E6%80%A7%E5%AE%B6%E5%BA%AD%E5%BD%B1%E9%99%A2/dp/B005DJ70C4

Once the amazon china dilemma has been cracked, most headfiers would love to pay hommage to somics.

At the moment, I am contacting amazon china to see if there is a way goods can be brought to the USA. I want these headphones and swans, I WANT THEM NOW.

Found out it is also out of stock, hahaha.

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #6,504 of 100,464
Similar to the swan speakers as they are always out of stock in American states. 
it's cool, I would not worry about it.
http://www.amazon.cn/Somic-%E7%A1%95%E7%BE%8E%E7%A7%91-EFi82MT-%E5%85%A8%E6%96%B0%E6%94%B9%E7%89%88-%E7%AB%8B%E4%BD%93%E5%A3%B0%E7%9B%91%E5%90%AC%E8%80%B3%E6%9C%BA-%E6%90%AD%E5%BB%BA%E4%B8%AA%E6%80%A7%E5%AE%B6%E5%BA%AD%E5%BD%B1%E9%99%A2/dp/B005DJ70C4
ir

Once the amazon china dilemma has been cracked, most headfiers would love to pay hommage to somics.

At the moment, I am contacting amazon china to see if there is a way goods can be brought to the USA. I want these headphones and swans, I WANT THEM NOW.

Well done!

Aliexpress seems reliable, but I'd prefer to go through Amazon (familiarity and gift card reasons, mostly.)

Edit: ¥ 168 is about $27. CRAZINESS.

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #6,505 of 100,464
Quote:
Well done!

Aliexpress seems reliable, but I'd prefer to go through Amazon (familiarity and gift card reasons, mostly.)

Edit: ¥ 168 is about $27. CRAZINESS.

exactly! check out hivi as well, you can get speakers for $60!!!!! SERIOUSLY, I want both sets. Somic and hivi, the good chinese companies!

Problem is, Amazon China has not given me the response I wanted. They gave me the options of goods I can buy, but I did not get a straight forward. "Is there a method where we could make a roundabout of your policies, amazon?"

Edit: Found out eto.cn is a website that looks fairly legitimate. There does come a price though, compared to other forwarding services (or one to articulate matters) is a $20.00 charge in order to use their service. Add to that a $16.00 charge for shipping and you are done.

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #6,506 of 100,464
exactly! check out hivi as well, you can get speakers for $60!!!!! SERIOUSLY, I want both sets. Somic and hivi, the good chinese companies!

Problem is, Amazon China has not given me the response I wanted. They gave me the options of goods I can buy, but I did not get a straight forward. "Is there a method where we could make a roundabout of your policies, amazon?"

Is there an Amazon China buying agent?

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #6,507 of 100,464
Quote:
Is there an Amazon China buying agent?

Let me scour for one, should be a few minutes, hopefully.

None other than eto.cn. It will be quite a premium to use though. $27 for the headphones + $20 for membership in the site, then an additional $17 for shipping, and that is not counting the $3 of amazon.cn.

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #6,508 of 100,464

Edit: Found out eto.cn is a website that looks fairly legitimate. There does come a price though, compared to other forwarding services (or one to articulate matters) is a $20.00 charge in order to use their service. Add to that a $16.00 charge for shipping and you are done.

Ouch. Sounds like you're better off going through Aliexpress.

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #6,509 of 100,464
Quote:
Ouch. Sounds like you're better off going through Aliexpress.

Unfortunately, but hopefully there will be one website. At the moment, I'm going on a hiatus for now. Good job for advertising those somics,  I will also purchase them myself and pour out extra hype for the members here. Once you reach a good post number, I can't wait until you get the a description that says "Somic business manager", lol. You deserve it after all. Continue at excelling Cash, been a pleasure in attempting to open an option for the Somics.

Jan 26, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #6,510 of 100,464
Quote:
Unfortunately, but hopefully there will be one website. At the moment, I'm going on a hiatus for now. Good job for advertising those somics,  I will also purchase them myself and pour out extra hype for the members here. Once you reach a good post number, I can't wait until you get the a description that says "Somic business manager", lol. You deserve it after all. Continue at excelling Cash, been a pleasure in attempting to open an option for the Somics.

I know right? Forget about Biz Man, more like the Somic CEO. LoL

Thanks for that Amazon China link vlenbo, gonna check out the prices there to see what's the lowest.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back