The discovery thread!
Nov 4, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #4,606 of 99,889
Quote:
I think the SHE3580 has the better balance for highs n mids. JVC like to throw some forward sounding highs on there earphones and is evident on the FX101.

Wha?  I'd agree with you about the balance, but that's because I couldn't hear any treble on the FX101 I auditioned at all
confused_face_2.gif
Tip selection problem?  Demo pair getting borked?

Quote:
The point is that there isn't really a point. Many head-fi'ers who quit before, have returned. This is not so much because they found a flaw with their "end-game" gear, but because the journey is fun. I often ask the same questions as you, but end up buying into the latest fad.

If you want to go along that line, then one could also ask what's the point in taking "life" seriously. After all, no-one gets out alive anyway. We might as well wear underwear everywhere.

That's me lol.  I was happy with the etys for so many years.  Then they broke.  Then I found a way to make $10 phones sound better than them.  And now the MH1C doesn't even need that elaborate EQ to sound better. Mmm maybe my end game gear was pretty flawed after all, nevermind
rolleyes.gif
Let the journey go on!
beerchug.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #4,608 of 99,889
Quote:

Chicks think you look cool and it kills the time waiting for a cab.
beerchug.gif

Are you serious? Only high school students smoke because they think it makes them look mature and cool. In reality no one thinks you're cool because you smoke. I do agree it's a good way to waste some time waiting for a taxi or the bus but you might as well waste that time listening to your new iems and playing air drums - chicks dig drummers LOL

Nov 4, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #4,610 of 99,889
For me I was
  give them cheapo stuff that sound right. It started out with MP8320. The HTF600. and many many more and each and every single discovery has been a blast. I appreciate the on going enthusiasm the support. The open minds you guys have.. I like to think you guys are the real enthusiasts. Sure there are others on these threads that get into their high end stuff. Who don't want top of the line stuff? But reality is not everyone can afford a 2K cans and a 5K Amp. For me getting max value for money spent on gear is what it is all about..I bet I get just as much joy out of my cheapo Bravo amp and and equally cheap MH1C that sound right to my ears as these guys do with their high end gear.. Sure there is better. There always will be. But for now. I am completely happy with my $135 amp and $20 earphone..What will trump these MH1Cs and the Bravos of the world next? I am sure you guys will read about it one day on this very thread..Happy listening fellas. You guys are listening to some to of the best gear the world has to offer and the greatest part. You didn't spend that much for them.

Nov 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #4,611 of 99,889
Quote:
Are you serious? Only high school students smoke because they think it makes them look mature and cool. In reality no one thinks you're cool because you smoke. I do agree it's a good way to waste some time waiting for a taxi or the bus but you might as well waste that time listening to your new iems and playing air drums - chicks dig drummers LOL

I think that we can all agree that one of the few things that it more addictive than head-fi is nicotine. Well, at least I hope so - it took me 100 tries and Anthony Robbins to quit smoking. Oh my God, please let this audiophile habit not be as addictive!

Nov 4, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #4,612 of 99,889
Quote:
For me I was
  give them cheapo stuff that sound right. It started out with MP8320. The HTF600. and many many more and each and every single discovery has been a blast. I appreciate the on going enthusiasm the support. The open minds you guys have.. I like to think you guys are the real enthusiasts. Sure there are others on these threads that get into their high end stuff. Who don't want top of the line stuff? But reality is not everyone can afford a 2K cans and a 5K Amp. For me getting max value for money spent on gear is what it is all about..I bet I get just as much joy out of my cheapo Bravo amp and and equally cheap MH1C that sound right to my ears as these guys do with their high end gear.. Sure there is better. There always will be. But for now. I am completely happy with my $135 amp and $20 earphone..What will trump these MH1Cs and the Bravos of the world next? I am sure you guys will read about it one day on this very thread..Happy listening fellas. You guys are listening to some to of the best gear the world has to offer and the greatest part. You didn't spend that much for them.

LOL! And that is a beautiful theory. The trick is getting out and staying out once you have found that miraculous and inexpensive gear. The trick is to NOT READ YOUR POSTS after that lol!
beerchug.gif

Nov 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #4,614 of 99,889
Quote:

I think that we can all agree that one of the few things that it more addictive than head-fi is nicotine. Well, at least I hope so - it took me 100 tries and Anthony Robbins to quit smoking. Oh my God, please let this audiophile habit not be as addictive!

Too late - it's addictive. Actually, when I wake up while still in bed I grab my phone and check what's new on head-fi and after that i get up. Hell, I've ordered 2 pairs of mh1c, one of R1 and pre-ordered the new vsonic VC02 in just the past 3 weeks.

Nov 4, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #4,615 of 99,889
For me I was

You know what you should do on the first page of this thread?
Put a list of your golden and silver nut recipients and write a very brief sound summary of each.
Just enough to get the reader to research more on the iem.

Nov 4, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #4,616 of 99,889
Quote:
Too late - it's addictive. Actually, when I wake up while still in bed I grab my phone and check what's new on head-fi and after that i get up. Hell, I've ordered 2 pairs of mh1c, one of R1 and pre-ordered the new vsonic VC02 in just the past 3 weeks.

Ok, we both need to seek help lol!

Nov 4, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #4,618 of 99,889
Quote:
actually i dont smoke, but i do snus.  real swedish tobacco super strong nicotine hit without the bad stuff.

Had to google the snus stuff lol!:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snus

I'll be sure never to try it - I don't want to have to read another Tony Robbins book lol.

Quote:
One snus, one mh1c, one c3 and some tribe called quest = chillaxing

So, I've recently gotten into dubstep and find it rather awesome. "Tribe called quest"? Must youtube that nugget. Ok, I think that I must audition my R1/FDX70/XBA3 to a bit of tribe (since I have all three hanging over my ear at the moment lol). Any recommended track(s)? Btw, the first track I heard is pretty cool..

Nov 4, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #4,619 of 99,889
Snus not even labeled as carcinogenic and sweden has the lowest lung cancer rate in europe due to the lack of smokers compared to snusers :D

Sure tribe are a 90's hip hop band with q-tip.  some awsome stuff, "the anthology" is their greatest hits album and a good place to start.

Nov 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #4,620 of 99,889
Quote:
Snus not even labeled as carcinogenic and sweden has the lowest lung cancer rate in europe due to the lack of smokers compared to snusers :D

Sure tribe are a 90's hip hop band with q-tip.  some awsome stuff, "the anthology" is their greatest hits album and a good place to start.

Thanks! Cool - my introduction to hip-hop. Actually, I really like the Fun Luvin' Criminals (criminals, criminals..), but they're probably not hip-hop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back