The discovery thread!
Nov 2, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #4,516 of 100,870
Quote:
I ordered FX40 before I ordered the MH1c. Which shall I keep? I can't open and test it than return it. will MH1c kill FX40 or they are different animal?

Thanks

Sounds like the 2 are totally different animals. I'm really REALLY preferential toward JVC's Carbon Nanotube drivers and their amazing separation in the sound.

I'm looking forward to the MH1C and how everyone describes them as having such a smooth sound. But the only reason I'm not ordering another pair of FX40s is because I already have the HA-S500s. Otherwise I'd be getting more of that sweet sweet CNT action.

Nov 2, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #4,517 of 100,870
Oh man, 
I'm not debating whether or not I need a bassy IEM, the FX3X!
But the MH1C and R1 and still coming...
LOL

Nov 2, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #4,518 of 100,870
Quote:
I ordered FX40 before I ordered the MH1c. Which shall I keep? I can't open and test it than return it. will MH1c kill FX40 or they are different animal?

another question:

How about XBA-1 compare to MH1c? bestbuy has XBA-1 on clearance for $42.

Thanks

MH1C much better than the FX40.

Nov 2, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #4,519 of 100,870
Well, after seeing the massive amount of hype coming from this thread and ClieOS's on the MH1, I went ahead and ordered a pair from Amazon a couple days ago and they got here today. I'm listening to them now as I write this with virtually no burn in time and...

Wow.

I just...wow.

Best IEMs I've heard for the $22 I paid for them...and the others aren't even close.

Talk about value. These things are incredible.

Nov 2, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #4,520 of 100,870
Quote:
Well, after seeing the massive amount of hype coming from this thread and ClieOS's on the MH1, I went ahead and ordered a pair from Amazon a couple days ago and they got here today. I'm listening to them now as I write this with virtually no burn in time and...

Wow.

I just...wow.

Best IEMs I've heard for the $22 I paid for them...and the others aren't even close.

Talk about value. These things are incredible.

haha i just got mines in from amazon as well. Initial impressions was kinda underwhelming.... DAT BASS LoL was the only that was coming through, vocals sounded tiny recessed, mids were masked by the BIG DEEP BASS. The sound is REALLY smooth, maybe too smooth coming from the JVC camp. Therefore highs/ treble felt lacking. 

BUT, like how my S500s sounded on open box, I can pick out that small refined details in the sound even though the bass was masking a lot of it.  So in the burner it goes, hope couple of hours will tighten up the bass, and allow the highs/ mids to come through a bit. More impressions to come.........

Oh on the built quality of this thing, man the flat cord is so soft and nice with a really attractive looking small housing/ 3.5mm audio connector which made my philips SHE5105, also with the flat cord feels like some cheapo Dollar Store IEMs, esp that cheap looking brown plastic housing. Just too bad it is a goofy looking J-cord set up like many of you have said. The tips on these things are amazing, best seal/ soft tips I have ever seen/ used on any IEM. Isolation is really good with these tips, me likey!!!  

Nov 2, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #4,521 of 100,870
Quote:
haha i just got mines in from amazon as well. Initial impressions was kinda underwhelming.... DAT BASS LoL was the only that was coming through, vocals sounded tiny recessed, mids were masked by the BIG DEEP BASS. The sound is REALLY smooth, maybe too smooth coming from the JVC camp. Therefore highs/ treble felt lacking. 

BUT, like how my S500s sounded on open box, I can pick out that small refined details in the sound even though the bass was masking a lot of it.  So in the burner it goes, hope couple of hours will tighten up the bass, and allow the highs/ mids to come through a bit. More impressions to come.........

Oh on the built quality of this thing, man the flat cord is so soft and nice with a really attractive looking small housing/ 3.5mm audio connector which made my philips SHE5105, also with the flat cord feels like some cheapo Dollar Store IEMs, esp that cheap looking brown plastic housing. Just too bad it is a goofy looking J-cord set up like many of you have said. The tips on these things are amazing, best seal/ soft tips I have ever seen/ used on any IEM. Isolation is really good with these tips, me likey!!!  

make sure the tip you're using isn't too big for your ears.
If i use bigger tips, the majority of the sound gets blocked.
So. in addition to burning.
make sure your tips are right.

Nov 2, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #4,522 of 100,870
Quote:
make sure the tip you're using isn't too big for your ears.
If i use bigger tips, the majority of the sound gets blocked.
So. in addition to burning.
make sure your tips are right.

I think the medium tips that came with these sony's are perfect for me. The seal/ isolation is amazing, so I don't think there is any blockage. I tried one size down from the stock sized tips and the seal wasn't as good, kinda falls out of my ear too easily.  BUT i love the tips that came with these, super comfy!

Nov 2, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #4,523 of 100,870
I must concur with sfwalcer on the quality of the tips these come with. Aside from Sony's own Hybrids, these are the best pack in tips I've ever used. I don't know why other manufacturers can't match these but the softness and pliable nature of these tips just makes them fit perfectly in my ear with little irritation, even after hours (literally) of them being in my ears. Very impressed.

Geez, every genre I try with these is just...great. So smooth and even throughout the range, Treble seems a bit recessed but since I tend to prefer relaxed treble anyway, that's just a bonus. The sub-bass presence is just...phenomenal for something so inexpensive.

Nov 2, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #4,524 of 100,870
Quote:

I'm still waiting on my mh1c's. Had to settle for the xba3's in the meantime :)

What I'm liking about these xba3's is that there is no burn in required. If burn in helps them, then that's just a bonus.

I was a-b'ing them a bit with the brainwavz r1's. This has been interesting. I love the bass on the r1's. Boom! I guess a part of me is a bass-head after all lol! Although the xba'3 bass isn't as strong, it's there, and has been said before, it's very accurate and detailed - as are the xba3's mids and highs. For me with the r1's, I initially am wowed by the bass, and I enjoy the overall sound (even if the mids and highs are more veiled and less detailed). But with the xba3's, I just find myself paying way more attention listening to the music, hearing things that I haven't heard before, and getting lost in the music.

It's still early in the game, but I guess what I'm saying is that the r1's are really quite great for the price, and the xba3's are rather amazing (especially at the price I paid).

Once my fxd70's have burned in a bit, I'll let them into the fight, as well as the mh1c's when I get them :)

Nov 2, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #4,526 of 100,870
Quote:
Are you sure you don't want to sell them? I got a friend that want a pair..

If you're talking about the xba3's, the more I listen to them, the less the likelihood of me selling them. And I'm not having any luck not listening to them.
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #4,527 of 100,870
Quote:

I'm still waiting on my mh1c's. Had to settle for the xba3's in the meantime :)

What I'm liking about these xba3's is that there is no burn in required. If burn in helps them, then that's just a bonus.

I was a-b'ing them a bit with the brainwavz r1's. This has been interesting. I love the bass on the r1's. Boom! I guess a part of me is a bass-head after all lol! Although the xba'3 bass isn't as strong, it's there, and has been said before, it's very accurate and detailed - as are the xba3's mids and highs. For me with the r1's, I initially am wowed by the bass, and I enjoy the overall sound (even if the mids and highs are more veiled and less detailed). But with the xba3's, I just find myself paying way more attention listening to the music, hearing things that I haven't heard before, and getting lost in the music.

It's still early in the game, but I guess what I'm saying is that the r1's are really quite great for the price, and the xba3's are rather amazing (especially at the price I paid).

Once my fxd70's have burned in a bit, I'll let them into the fight, as well as the mh1c's when I get them :)

Can't wait for this epic battle. FIGHT!!! But it is 2 against one though haha poor JVC. 

Yeah, i am a bass lover like you as well, and what is shocking is how much bass these MH1Cs have on open box, and if they have like 80% of the sound of your new XBA3's oh man oh man, you're gonna love them. Its like the Brainwavz R1 and the XBA3s got together and made a baby. LoL

HYPED!!! I want my sonic diamonds or golden nuts or whatevers now!!!
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
Are you sure you don't want to sell them? I got a friend that want a pair..

haha, why don't you just ask WAYNE to help you buy a pair from FutureShop??? WAYNE seems like a nice trustworthy guy. For once those Canadians has an advantage over us here in the states.
normal_smile .gif

Nov 2, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #4,529 of 100,870
Quote:
I am just testing him. See if he is hearing correct. I get to mess with people on my thread. You guys know this.

LoL thought you were serious since those sony were such a great deal on FS, GET ME A PAIR WAYNE ASAP! Just joking, man pretty excited that i will hear on MH1Cs what WAYNE is hearing on his XBA3s.  You got me, good trolling nuts. 

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #4,530 of 100,870
Quote:
LoL thought you were serious since those sony were such a great deal on FS, GET ME A PAIR WAYNE ASAP! Just joking, man pretty excited that i will hear on MH1Cs what WAYNE is hearing on his XBA3s.  You got me, good trolling nuts. 

If I continue ear-orgasming over these things, then I might help out a few trusted head-fi buddies get theirs if they come on sale again. Yes, I'm thinking of you sf, and I'm thinking of you rickster. Boys, these xba3's are like the fxd70's on some sort of 3d-roids. Nuff' said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back