The discovery thread!
Oct 3, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #3,586 of 100,431
Quote:
The mids are great and highs also
smily_headphones1.gif

They are ok for what they are man, but nothing to hype about you know.
cool.gif

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #3,589 of 100,431
Quote:
lol this thread is indicative of a lot of things good and bad about head-fi.
rolleyes.gif

Care to elaborate???
normal_smile .gif

oh read that one thread on the earpods, ahahaha had a good laugh.  You got your pods in yet rick? Some are REALLY hyping these pods to an outrageous level WoW.  Saying it's better than most of HP's/ IEMs under $100, some even over. 
eek.gif
rolleyes.gif

And I though we hype things here ahahahaha.

Oct 3, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #3,591 of 100,431
Care to elaborate???
normal_smile%20.gif

oh read that one thread on the earpods, ahahaha had a good laugh.  You got your pods in yet rick? Some are REALLY hyping these pods to an outrageous level WoW.  Saying it's better than most of HP's/ IEMs under $100, some even over.  :eek: :rolleyes:

And I though we hype things here ahahahaha.

Yea. I got them yesterday... You see me talking about them? Good, but come on man, any way. I am not going to judge no one for what they hear or their post counts... I think there is a ignore option on the board, yea. Some could find it usefull you know. Its there for a reason.

Anyway i would recomend those earbuds, no problem with them. Very good for 30 bucks, but no where near my cheapo jvc 500

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #3,592 of 100,431
Quote:
Yea. I got them yesterday... You see me talking about them? Good, but come on man, any way. I am not going to judge no one for what they hear or their post counts... I think there is a ignore option on the board, yea. Some could find it usefull you know. Its there for a reason.
Anyway i would recomend those earbuds, no problem with them. Very good for 30 bucks, but no where near my cheapo jvc 500

So are they better then the FX40s? That's is the million dollar question. If they are WoW apple really did do something magical with their earbuds. I would think they are worth their $30 price tag but don't really punch up that much higher as compared to the FX40s. For me these FX40s sound like they should be $50 or above but not over $100 if I have to put a value on the sound.

Are you trying to say that you're gonna put me on ignore for dissing apple products? No ricky no please don't do that to me. 
triportsad.gif
I have learned my lesson, I'll behave from now on, promise. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nah I just want to know if they are as good as some people are saying and since you own lots of JVC's carbon nanotube gear, I trust you opinions on it. Unlike some of those people that are posting on that pod thread, who are obviously making pretty ridiculous claims. 

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #3,593 of 100,431
I've been listening to my pair for the past couple of weeks (earpods) and they aren't half bad.  It's got a huge soundstage and lots of boomy bass.  Mids and highs are actually good also.  They are worth the price but there's so many out there in the same price range that are just as good or better.  There's also many that are worse.  I wouldn't say the FX40's are better or worse, they sound different.  Only drawback for me with the earpods is that they don't sit in my ears properly.  When I'm walking around, they tend to pop out and I don't get that with any of my other earphones.  I'll probably just get rid of them just like I did with the FX40's.  Purchased them out of curiosity.  

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #3,594 of 100,431
Quote:
I've been listening to my pair for the past couple of weeks (earpods) and they aren't half bad.  It's got a huge soundstage and lots of boomy bass.  Mids and highs are actually good also.  They are worth the price but there's so many out there in the same price range that are just as good or better.  There's also many that are worse.  I wouldn't say the FX40's are better or worse, they sound different.  Only drawback for me with the earpods is that they don't sit in my ears properly.  When I'm walking around, they tend to pop out and I don't get that with any of my other earphones.  I'll probably just get rid of them just like I did with the FX40's.  Purchased them out of curiosity.  

Nice, excited to try a pair myself to see what the dealeo is with them. It's good to hear that they are on the lever of the FX40s, and since many people have said that they are more comfortable then traditional earbuds, this makes it even better. Earbuds always hurt my ears when I wear them, so looks like these earpods are gonna be a step up in both of these aspects. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #3,595 of 100,431
Quote:
Nice, excited to try a pair myself to see what the dealeo is with them. It's good to hear that they are on the lever of the FX40s, and since many people have said that they are more comfortable then traditional earbuds, this makes it even better. Earbuds always hurt my ears when I wear them, so looks like these earpods are gonna be a step up in both of these aspects. 
beerchug.gif

If your ears are like any of the people apple tested these on, then they should fit fine.  Unfortunately mine aren't.  They more comfortable than the previous buds and sound much, much better.  

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #3,597 of 100,431
Just fyi, Philips SHE5105 is now only
$14 at Amazon. It's a better version of 3580 with slightly better sound (per dsnut), much better cable and an inline Mic control. His biggest complaint back when he wrote the review was the price, which at $50 was many times that of 3580 with similar sound quality. But now at $14 the value is hard to beat imo.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #3,598 of 100,431
Quote:
So are they better then the FX40s? That's is the million dollar question. If they are WoW apple really did do something magical with their earbuds. I would think they are worth their $30 price tag but don't really punch up that much higher as compared to the FX40s. For me these FX40s sound like they should be $50 or above but not over $100 if I have to put a value on the sound.

Are you trying to say that you're gonna put me on ignore for dissing apple products? No ricky no please don't do that to me. 
triportsad.gif
I have learned my lesson, I'll behave from now on, promise. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nah I just want to know if they are as good as some people are saying and since you own lots of JVC's carbon nanotube gear, I trust you opinions on it. Unlike some of those people that are posting on that pod thread, who are obviously making pretty ridiculous claims. 

yep, they are good and best part is that they are "free".
Are they better than my favorite Chepos?  (3580 and Fx40), its verrry close.  The earbud wins cause all the apple controls they got, but the 3580 and Fx40 are cheaper, so they got the upperhand there.

Are they better than most of the iems and heaphones under 100?  man, thats like saying that the best iem under 100 is the 3580...  man, you got tu lunatic or a hardcore appleluver for such a statment,  and you those you will find, so not a surprise.

just for the record, i love apple products, i got a Shufle, Ipad and IP4s so no bias here, but these earbud being better than anything under 100? got be crazy,  under 40 and it gots stiff competition (Mx580 earbud comes to mind).  BUT DONT GET ME WRONG.. they are very good man, very good.  i would recommend them for people searching earbuds or iems under 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back