The discovery thread!
Mar 27, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #31,712 of 100,903
It was fairly easy to do the comparo as I can clearly tell there is a drop off in sonics compared to the HEM8.  I will get the other 3 earphones soon. It will be interesting to hear those as well. I have a good idea what they will be like however.

Word has it that the base HEM2 is a good one. Will see very soon.

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #31,716 of 100,903
Nice promotion. Wish I could pay a little extra to guarantee the dual driver model at least- I have terrible luck and ever since IM02 have a weird infatuation with dual BA sets.

Mar 28, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #31,717 of 100,903
I should mention, I am excited to see how any one of the possible IEMs I could receive from this drop will fair against the MEE P1.This works out as well since my Kef m200s recently bit the dust and I was planning on doing a comparison between those two considering the price.

Mar 28, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #31,718 of 100,903
Will be interesting to see what people will get. The standard MSRP for the HEM2s are $200. So even if you get a HEM2 that is a good deal. I will be getting the HEM2 soon and will do a comparison and analysis of all of them for NuForce.

I have heard that the HEM2s are very good for being the entry level HEM phone.

Mar 30, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #31,719 of 100,903
cool.gif

Guys, I have been approached by the moderators of the Forum to dis-continue posting links and updates to Seller’s stores, specifically Easy Earphones. It’s a fine line breach of rules concerning advertisement. It seems that my personal friendship with this seller actually puts me in a gray area of rule violation. I will respect their wishes as they all do a superb job of moderating this forum.

In actuality now that we have both HCK and Easy as members, my role as an intermediary is a moot point anyways. As Vendors they are fully aware of Head-Fi’s position in the Audiophile Community at large, the ramifications of being in good standing with this Huge Forum, and it’s integrity within the Hi Fi community. I’m sure they will cooperate with our members in the fullest, with or without my help.

My personal suggestion is:  If you have any questions concerning ANY Item, (either now or in the future), either Contact them Directly Through their respective stores or even PM them through the forum through their username. Compare the prices and Do Not hesitate to let them Know what the competition is offering, as the more they sell, the more they make. It’s a Win-Win for Our members as consumers and them as sellers. I will be available for questions as always, with what limited knowledge I actually possess, and should be able to steer you in the right direction without violating any forum rules from here on out.

I have tried my best and most earnestly to get my friends here at the Forum the best prices from Asia that I could manage, and there are others here at the forum with connections as well. I knew it was destined to be short lived from various inuendos and sarcastic remarks from several members.

In this age of political correctness and outrage  SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE is going to take offense at the best intentions and rain on someone else’s Parade, even if it means cutting off their own noses, to spite their own faces.

It’s Okay.  I think you guys can handle it yourselves by now. I have to let you little Birds fly…..
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Mar 30, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #31,720 of 100,903
Is there a rule about posting the same thing in multiple threads? (sorry, couldn't resist :wink:)

Mar 30, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #31,721 of 100,903
Is there a rule about posting the same thing in multiple threads? (sorry, couldn't resist :wink:)

Yes there is its called cross posting but in this case I wanted to cover my butt in alll the threads I may have posted links in recently.

I'm sure the mods will understand.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Mar 30, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #31,722 of 100,903
Yes there is its called cross posting but in this case I wanted to cover my butt in alll the threads I may have posted links in recently.

I'm sure the mods will understand.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

No problem. I was just giving you a hard time. :) Got in the TK12s yesterday BTW. Haven't had much time with them, but I think they are going to be a favorite.

Mar 30, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #31,723 of 100,903
No problem. I was just giving you a hard time. :) Got in the TK12s yesterday BTW. Haven't had much time with them, but I think they are going to be a favorite.

I'd be willing to bet on it. BTW I bought those from HCK :grinning::grinning:.

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp: TWIN

Mar 30, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #31,724 of 100,903
  Will be interesting to see what people will get. The standard MSRP for the HEM2s are $200. So even if you get a HEM2 that is a good deal. I will be getting the HEM2 soon and will do a comparison and analysis of all of them for NuForce.

I have heard that the HEM2s are very good for being the entry level HEM phone.

I'll be waiting on your opinion then. The real question being, are the HEM2 a good deal at $170? I'm hesitant to spend that much on a single driver IEM, although i know nothing about these new knowles drivers.

On another note, achk i'm back on head-fi and back in the discovery thread... my poor wallet, damnit massdrop why'd you do it?

Ugh, i've got 650+ pages of discoveries to catch up on... anyone got a quick synopsis of the recent discoveries/IEMs to read up on?

Mar 30, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #31,725 of 100,903
Okay, somehow another AT Dual Push-Pull based earphone has found it's way into the premises here...

Wonder if this sucker is gonna be a decent over ear version of the CKR's with monitor tuning and for a fair price?
(I paid $89 shipped which is budget these days)

Hoping they can be the beater for trail walks in the park, some ball playing, etc. but not my flagship yet good enough to not step down too far from that(flagship tbd:p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back