The discovery thread!
Oct 8, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #30,751 of 101,329
I bet if they are honest, the reply will be CHINA!!!

cool.gif
We have a WINNER!!!

I just heard back from Tom G. at Puro Labs UK. He confirmed that the IEM500 is indeed manufactured in CHINA.

WELL.... La Jolla is a nice place to have your company headquarters....

Don't we make ANYTHING here anymore?

I blame Walmart.

confused.gif
confused.gif
TWIN

Oct 8, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #30,752 of 101,329

cool.gif
We have a WINNER!!!

I just heard back from Tom G. at Puro Labs UK. He confirmed that the IEM500 is indeed manufactured in CHINA.

I blame Walmart.

confused.gif
confused.gif
TWIN

No matter where they are manufactured as long as they sound good.

Oct 8, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #30,753 of 101,329

No matter where they are manufactured as long as they sound good.

cool.gif
Absolutely. Lead and Radiation are no concern....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Oct 8, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #30,754 of 101,329

cool.gif
We have a WINNER!!!

I blame Walmart.

confused.gif
confused.gif
TWIN

I think we make good smart bombs 
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #30,755 of 101,329

Here are some comparisons- they're actually quite similar. Both reach really low- Duoza has more impact and quantity of bass. Puro is a more neutral in this region but isn't lacking by any means. One of my favorite things about the Puros is their mid/sub bass- they're roughly equal in quantity but are tuned in such a way they do not obstruct the midrange at all. Vocals shine through like you'd expect from a mid-centric sound but with the large stage of a v-shaped one. Duoza's mids are more upfront as the stage is deeper than it is high but the amount of details delivered are comparable to the IEM500. One of the things I was hoping for the most when I got the Puro was that it had a taller stage- I was not disappointed. Not only is it taller but I think it might also be vented since compared to the Duoza it sounds more open and has slightly lower isolation. Timbre on both are very good. Also worth noting is build quality on the Duoza is much better- I was hoping the knurled body was metal but it is painted plastic...then again they're only $50. 

I really enjoy these 'phones- both are great purchases. If you have to choose it boils down to is whether or not you prefer the larger stage and a more balanced, natural signature of the Puro or an intimate, slightly warmer presentation and more low frequency presence of the Duoza.

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #30,757 of 101,329
Some of the nice looking stuff from AT...

L3000.gif

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #30,758 of 101,329
Any opinion about Tascam TH-MX2? Can they replace Sony MDR V6/7506?

Oct 8, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #30,759 of 101,329

Here are some comparisons- they're actually quite similar. Both reach really low- Duoza has more impact and quantity of bass. Puro is a more neutral in this region but isn't lacking by any means. One of my favorite things about the Puros is their mid/sub bass- they're roughly equal in quantity but are tuned in such a way they do not obstruct the midrange at all. Vocals shine through like you'd expect from a mid-centric sound but with the large stage of a v-shaped one. Duoza's mids are more upfront as the stage is deeper than it is high but the amount of details delivered are comparable to the IEM500. One of the things I was hoping for the most when I got the Puro was that it had a taller stage- I was not disappointed. Not only is it taller but I think it might also be vented since compared to the Duoza it sounds more open and has slightly lower isolation. Timbre on both are very good. Also worth noting is build quality on the Duoza is much better- I was hoping the knurled body was metal but it is painted plastic...then again they're only $50. 

I really enjoy these 'phones- both are great purchases. If you have to choose it boils down to is whether or not you prefer the larger stage and a more balanced, natural signature of the Puro or an intimate, slightly warmer presentation and more low frequency presence of the Duoza.

cool.gif
Weird, Website says they are aluminum and Plastic. I would have bet that knurled piece was Alum.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Oct 9, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #30,760 of 101,329

cool.gif
Weird, Website says they are aluminum and Plastic. I would have bet that knurled piece was Alum.

I thought exactly the same. I was a little bummed- was none too pleased with their marketing team. It's like they are leading you to believe that there is more metal than plastic when it is the opposite.

Oh well, it still sounds good. 
smile.gif

Oct 9, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #30,762 of 101,329

I thought exactly the same. I was a little bummed- was none too pleased with their marketing team. It's like they are leading you to believe that there is more metal than plastic when it is the opposite.

Oh well, it still sounds good. 
smile.gif

cool.gif
Not just LEADING, Euphonik.  If you go to their website www.purosound.com, It clearly states in the descriptions that the Knurled Back is made of ALUMINUM.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Oct 9, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #30,765 of 101,329
Bringing back a  discussion from pages back. I've had my $50 CKR9 LTD bought from an AliExpress seller for about a week.
They are the same as a my retail version that I bought late last year from an authorized dealer, and that I paid full price.
They are exactly the same, looks, sound, everything. I think they must be factory seconds, as all they came in was the pouch and with some extra tips.

Yes, sound was the same, tested and retested, with burn in done on both.

I brought them in to work and got a second opinion, my buddy agreed that it was the same.
Pouch did look slightly different however.

I was one of the lucky ones I guess. The same seller has them up to $119.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back