The discovery thread!
Oct 6, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #30,736 of 101,328
If you saw my post above, they are VERY different ha!  Don't fault me for liking the S-018 for what it is. (Plus I am not alone in enjoying them). :wink:  

The Puro IEM500 is a whole other animal.  Like I've mentioned it is quick, accurate and MUCH more detailed.  I really wish more people would try them, then they could hear what I am talking about. 

Only other member that I know that has them said:

"
Euphonik 8/10/15 at 11:52am

Totally agree with everything in your review- these things sound fantastic. It's pretty amazing how the details come through while having such prominent mid and sub bass. Although I got mine for $50 I'd still pay $100 if I hadn't known they were once that cheap, lol. Glad to see I'm not the only one who got a pair! :)"

Don't worry I get you. I'm just kidding with you :wink:

I'm seriously interested in them from your description, to bad they're so hard to get a hold of outside the US.

Oct 6, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #30,737 of 101,328
cool.gif
Okay, For $50 these really DO look like a no brainer:

I Bit.

HARD.

I will let you guys know in about a week.....

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Oct 6, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #30,738 of 101,328

cool.gif
Okay, For $50 these really DO look like a no brainer:

I Bit.

HARD.

I will let you guys know in about a week.....

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Awesome!  I can't wait to hear what you think of them! 

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #30,740 of 101,328
Thanks to BloodyPenguin, I ordered PURO IEM500 from the ebaylink and received yesterday. Initial impressions are: accurate and detailed sound, deep reaching bass, very comfortable fit despite the shape. I enjoy it as much as my BETTE 10mm (less comfortable fit, tho) and Titan 1. Also like the big mic button...
etysmile.gif

Oct 6, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #30,741 of 101,328
  Thanks to BloodyPenguin, I ordered PURO IEM500 from the ebaylink and received yesterday. Initial impressions are: accurate and detailed sound, deep reaching bass, very comfortable fit despite the shape. I enjoy it as much as my BETTE 10mm (less comfortable fit, tho) and Titan 1. Also like the big mic button...
etysmile.gif

@SWLIU I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying them as I am.  I really wanted the Head-Fi world to know about this gem.  And at $50 I think it is a steal.

Oct 6, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #30,743 of 101,328
It looks like a knock off Zero Audio Duoza. Not saying that's a bad thing

Does anyone have both that could compare the two?

cool.gif
The build looks similar, there is a big open screen on the knurled back of the Puros and the Nozzle is angled. other than that they look alike. The Puro has Titanium drivers I have no Idea about the Duoza.  Sure Glad I didn't spend $120 for the Duoza now.

Lets see if they can De-Throne the Bettes in my collection....

The BIGGEST difference I can see is that they ARE NOT ASIAN MADE.  GOOD 'OL USA, La Jolla CA.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Oct 6, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #30,744 of 101,328
My pair of ALI-CKR9LTD just arrived and burning in.  It also came with 4 tips and a...stylus?  Same color scheme, shaped like an elongated bullet with a weird plastic knob attacked a string on the end.  I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding it's function but definitely wasn't expecting it.  Need to use the absolutely largest size tips to avoid ear discomfort (not liking the form factor on these :/) but the sound is more to my liking than the JVC FXT90's.

Oct 6, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #30,745 of 101,328
  My pair of ALI-CKR9LTD just arrived and burning in.  It also came with 4 tips and a...stylus?  Same color scheme, shaped like an elongated bullet with a weird plastic knob attacked a string on the end.  I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding it's function but definitely wasn't expecting it.  Need to use the absolutely largest size tips to avoid ear discomfort (not liking the form factor on these :/) but the sound is more to my liking than the JVC FXT90's.

They need burn in big time and it is a drastic difference in sound...good bass and mids ..treble is not very extended though..Great soundstage as well..a bargain at its price

Oct 7, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #30,747 of 101,328

Yeah- I do. Will give you a comparison in the next day or so.

Cool, You think they are the same Manufacturer? I Emailed Puro and asked them. I'm waiting for a reply.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #30,748 of 101,328
I wish I had both infront of me to take some high quality close ups.

The front housing of the IEM500 is smaller and angled.  They both seem to have the same back of the housing and cable though.

Having trouble finding the driver specs for both though.

Oct 7, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #30,750 of 101,328
Cool, You think they are the same Manufacturer? I Emailed Puro and asked them. I'm waiting for a reply.

:cool: :cool: TWIN

I bet if they are honest, the reply will be CHINA!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back