The discovery thread!
May 13, 2024 at 6:21 AM Post #101,327 of 103,330
Haha !! Look forward to reading it....they're way past their honeymoon period now - they continue to surpass any preconceived expectations !! :L3000:
haha my written one is going to be simple and to the point, actually editing my video review. Will be posting tonight.

May 13, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #101,330 of 103,330
Pulled the trigger on TRN ST7 & added Tangz Tang Sancai tips to the order...amended my TOTYL accordingly yay !!
Chose the above tips specifically, after reading the following comment regarding MagicOne (next purchase) :-

@apollomoonlandings
2 months ago
I experienced inner ear pressure with the Aful MagicOne since these are non-vented IEMs. The pressure imbalance between my inner ears and the surround air pressure was annoying. I installed the Tang Sancai eartips. I noticed the the inner ear pressure is equalized due to the rough texture of the eartips umbrellas. Others have reported the same experience with the MagicOne and with the Orchestra Lite.

May 13, 2024 at 10:31 AM Post #101,331 of 103,330
I experienced inner ear pressure with the Aful MagicOne since these are non-vented IEMs.
FWIW, the MagicOne's are 100% vented. It's just very small. The vent hole is right at the front corner of the IEM at the end of the nautilus structure tube.

1000004653.jpg

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #101,332 of 103,330
Second time being featured on the home page! Super cool! Also I can't forget @Jaytiss there as well. Great job sir! Thank you to everyone who has read and liked my reviews. I hope they have at least helped a few people on their audiophile journey.
1000021604.jpg

May 13, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #101,333 of 103,330
Second time being featured on the home page! Super cool! Also I can't forget @Jaytiss there as well. Great job sir! Thank you to everyone who has read and liked my reviews. I hope they have at least helped a few people on their audiophile journey.
1000021604.jpg
Woot again!!! Ty brother.

May 13, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #101,334 of 103,330
FWIW, the MagicOne's are 100% vented. It's just very small. The vent hole is right at the front corner of the IEM at the end of the nautilus structure tube.
Cheers for the info - really looking forward to picking them up...btw what cable do you pair with them? The stock cable looks great quality - I'll definitely order the 4.4mm pentaconn/balanced option....Reckon they'll be a very cool birthday present in time for 11/11 !!

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 11:18 AM Post #101,335 of 103,330
Cheers for the info - really looking forward to picking them up...btw what cable do you pair with them? The stock cable looks great quality - I'll definitely order the 4.4mm pentaconn/balanced option....Reckon they'll be a very cool birthday present in time for 11/11 !!
Stock cable is excellent. Not the softest, but it's still what I use for these. I'm a huge fan of the MagicOnes and recommend them a lot, especially when they're on sale for ~100$. I have the 3.5, but 4.4 isn't a bad call for this set because they do require a lot of juice.

May 13, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #101,336 of 103,330
Stock cable is excellent. Not the softest, but it's still what I use for these. I'm a huge fan of the MagicOnes and recommend them a lot, especially when they're on sale for ~100$. I have the 3.5, but 4.4 isn't a bad call for this set because they do require a lot of juice.
Like @Knale said the stock cable is really nice. I have the 4.4 and I initially did a bit of cable swapping but came back to the stock due to the aestetics matching so well. I hope you enjoy the MagicOne. It's one of my absolute favorites for vocals

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #101,337 of 103,330
1000021604.jpg
Congrats!
I gotta ask what’s up with the Moondrop paperclips tho lolol

May 13, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #101,338 of 103,330
1000021604.jpg

Great job, @thaslaya and @Jaytiss !

May 13, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #101,339 of 103,330
Today I tried the TRN Orca again after some time, and I have to say it’s a really solid all-rounder.
HqxmwKS.jpeg

Think of it as a Kefine Delci with less sub-bass emphasis, more mid bass, and slightly more treble energy (this in its default 000 configuration). Instead of a DLC driver, it features an LCP one; it has a full metal body, a simple yet peculiar design, and some really effective switches that significantly impact its sound (personally, I prefer TRN’s approach to tuning switches over KZ’s). At full price on AliExpress, it costs around $20, but during sales it can be purchased for around $15 or less.

TRN Orca
Kefine Delci
Orca 000.jpg
Delci.jpg

It’s unfortunate that there isn’t a single review for it on the forum.

EDIT: I added the FR Graphs for the Orca and the Delci. Also, here's an image that explains what the switches do:
TRN Orca TRN.jpg

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 12:16 PM Post #101,340 of 103,330
Today I tried the TRN Orca again after some time, and I have to say it’s a really solid all-rounder.

Think of it as a Kefine Delci with less sub-bass emphasis and slightly more treble energy. Instead of a DLC driver, it features an LCP one; it has a full metal body, a simple yet peculiar design, and some really effective switches that significantly impact its sound (personally, I prefer TRN’s approach to tuning switches over KZ’s). At full price on AliExpress, it costs around $20, but during sales it can be purchased for around $15 or less.

It’s unfortunate that there isn’t a single review for it on the forum.

HqxmwKS.jpeg
If only they could have secured the licensing from Nintendo they could be the TRN Bob-omb
1000021605.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back