The discovery thread!
May 13, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #101,357 of 103,434
:darthsmile::beerchug:

Towards the end of Sunday and Elysian had already packed up and left? That was you there? You had some of Marcellus Wallace's traits :)
Lmao yes!!! That was me! Small freaking world! I just wanted to tell you that after hearing them I still stand by it and I think you’ll be happy. Can’t wait to hear what you think.

May 13, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #101,358 of 103,434
Has it opened much after burn-in, stage etc??...The impact it had on you reminded me of the whirlwind hype surrounding NX7 - obviously a trailblazer set which divided opinion bigtime, as it couldn't be tamed/refined. Hyperbole for the ST7 such as "beautifully smooth and rendered" can similarly be applied to sets like the Delci. That's the essential difference between seminal sets circa 2019, in comparison to now. Budget sets have become the market disruptors, totally shaking up preconceived expectations; being extremely exciting, whilst retaining a sonic level of refinement usually the preserve of mid-fi & above !! :L3000:
The hype with the NX7 was it's piezo implementation and the dual DD bottom end. Tribids in that day and age were hi mid-fi or summit fi in pricing, so here came this tribrid with piezo treble and dual DD bass!!! For about $100.00?! WHAT?! I recently pulled out my OG NX7, and I laughed and threw it right back into the wooden box where it will dwell for all time LOL The detail retrieval at the time. for it's price range, was revelatory. You were here during that hype. It was well warranted. It spits out the details, BUT, the mids are so recessed and distant, and THIN, that it's just not something that entertains my ears at this time. The bass dug deep and was punch af, like super punchy, and the highs were a bit tizzy, but extended. Average stage, but severely v shaped (think early KZ, but with way better technicalities). In hindsight, the naysayers were probably right about the OG NX7 (I admit as were those of the GK10). Now I have every iteration of the NX7, and the next one fixed the tizzy highs, but the mids were still too thin and recessed. Part III was a vast improvement on the technicalities and balance, but the stage remained average if a tad underwhelming (the dual CNT bass drivers though, are enchanting), and the IVth iteration is a further balancing, but the richness and extension of the treble is now gone, so though the stage is improved, the treble has been smoothed over and the Bery bass is very uninspired. I rarely use any of them, but for nostalgia listening.

May 13, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #101,359 of 103,434
The hype with the NX7 was it's piezo implementation and the dual DD bottom end. Tribids in that day and age were hi mid-fi or summit fi in pricing, so here came this tribrid with piezo treble and dual DD bass!!! For about $100.00?! WHAT?! I recently pulled out my OG NX7, and I laughed and threw it right back into the wooden box where it will dwell for all time LOL The detail retrieval at the time. for it's price range, was revelatory. You were here during that hype. It was well warranted. It spits out the details, BUT, the mids are so recessed and distant, and THIN, that it's just not something that entertains my ears at this time. The bass dug deep and was punch af, like super punchy, and the highs were a bit tizzy, but extended. Average stage, but severely v shaped (think early KZ, but with way better technicalities). In hindsight, the naysayers were probably right about the OG NX7 (I admit as were those of the GK10). Now I have every iteration of the NX7, and the next one fixed the tizzy highs, but the mids were still too thin and recessed. Part III was a vast improvement on the technicalities and balance, but the stage remained average if a tad underwhelming (the dual CNT bass drivers though, are enchanting), and the IVth iteration is a further balancing, but the richness and extension of the treble is now gone, so though the stage is improved, the treble has been smoothed over and the Bery bass is very uninspired. I rarely use any of them, but for nostalgia listening.
Yeah I agree - listened to GK10 last night, 1st time since the hype-train & they sounded terrible...night and day compared to Delci. The bass was abysmal you can literally audibly hear the compression - no natural transient decay whatsoever !!
NX-7 set the benchmark regarding trying to collect sets that balance being both: "exciting" & "(K)refined."

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #101,360 of 103,434
Btw.....neu avatar in da house !!

Attachments

• TRN ST7.jpg
    TRN ST7.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 0
May 13, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #101,361 of 103,434
Cheers for the info - really looking forward to picking them up...btw what cable do you pair with them? The stock cable looks great quality - I'll definitely order the 4.4mm pentaconn/balanced option....Reckon they'll be a very cool birthday present in time for 11/11 !!
I've only used the stock cable, but it's very nice. I have found Final Audio Type E tips to be, well, magic with the MagicOne. :)

May 13, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #101,362 of 103,434
May 13, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #101,364 of 103,434
I still haven't seen anyone do a review of the Tiandirenhe TD20, advertised as an 11mm planar. I seem to keep coming back to it, even ordered a spare set. It has none of that planar sizzle, sounds more like a smooth dd. I prefer it to my S12 pro, T10, MP145, PR1 pro, PR2... Stated impedance is 12 ohms, but I measured only 8 ohms. Love the bass it puts out with a good seal from liqueur tips.
I like it as well. The shell is very thick/chunky, though, so it didn't fit my ears that well. By looking at the official graphs and comparing to the graphene DD of the Tiandirenhe TD19, this has more emphasis at 2k and a smaller, shallower cut to avoid sibilance between 4.5 and 8.5, too (TD19 cuts between 3.7 and 7.7 and because it has less of a pinna gain it sounds pretty muted). Your shells look better than mine. It certainly sounds more like a DD than a planar. I have no problem with that. I see you use a different cable than the one it came with (4 core). Does that one make it sound different?

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #101,365 of 103,434
May 13, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #101,366 of 103,434
Gpt a new source to complement my Cayin N3 Ultra and iBasso DX320, the xDuoo XD05 Pro joins my collection. Currently with the ESS DAC setup, will get the ROHM DAC soon as well.
1715630857654.png

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-14 at 1.37.27 AM.jpeg

Listening to Nightjar Singularity along with Vortex Alida Cable and Eletech Baroque eartips. The sub-bass on the setup is viciously done, it is strong and clean.

Also, I posted my review of Kefine Delci today. Here's my take:-

Sound Impressions:-
>Neutral Sound Tone with a bass boost.
>Sub-bass is very good, nice and rumbling.
>Mid-bass has a fast and snappy response. It has good weight to the bass as well.
>Vocals are a bit recessed compared to the bass.
>Vocals have good clarity to them, good weight to them. They sound crisp and have a well-rounded note definition. Doesn't sound harsh even at louder volumes.
>Vocals are quite good, love them, clean, textured, crisp.
>Treble has good energy and speed as well. It sounds open and refined. No congestion even in busy tracks.
>Soundstage is a bit on immersive side. It has a close by presentation.
>Shells are well-made, high-quality metallic shells for 60$ is insane.

Cons:-
>Soundstage is a bit intimate.
>no balanced cable option.

You can watch my complete review here:-

I hope you guys enjoy haha. @Singaravelan brother check the quality and location now. I am trying to find an empty plain wall in my home but you know indian homes, everywhere it's either almirah or something else :L3000: :L3000:

May 13, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #101,368 of 103,434
I like it as well. The shell is very thick/chunky, though, so it didn't fit my ears that well. By looking at the official graphs and comparing to the graphene DD of the Tiandirenhe TD19, this has more emphasis at 2k and a smaller, shallower cut to avoid sibilance between 4.5 and 8.5, too (TD19 cuts between 3.7 and 7.7 and because it has less of a pinna gain it sounds pretty muted). Your shells look better than mine. It certainly sounds more like a DD than a planar. I have no problem with that. I see you use a different cable than the one it came with (4 core). Does that one make it sound different?
They do stick out a bit, but I had them in my ears for 5 hours straight yesterday with zero hotspots. I also prefer the DD sound, not a fan of the planar sizzle. But it's like a DD with the speed, details, soundstage and imaging of a planar, with zero sibilance and no shortage in the bass department. Love that textured and high resolution bass.

I actually ordered it the first time without the wood case and cable at $64, so it only came with the small travel case and tips. My second order is the full package at $75, but it's still in transit so I don't know yet if the cable makes a difference. The cable I'm currently using is just the NiceHCK 16 core pure copper.

I stayed away from the TD19 because the one graph I found looks like this lol
1715633489421.png

May 13, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #101,369 of 103,434
Late to the Simgot party, but the EW200 is ridiculously good. I'm listening to a song I thought I knew very well and it sounds like a new recording. Epico.
Yes sir. Simgot will do that! The detail freaks! The Trio will do the same, but more so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back