The discovery thread!
Aug 22, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #3,047 of 100,867
OK, ordered some blue FX101s from Amazon.co.uk. Some of the people who review them on there are quite strange, complaining that the FX101s are 'too bassy' and that they are flimsy (Anyone care to comment? Can't be much worse than my E10s falling apart 3 times within 5-6 months haha!)

Aug 22, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #3,048 of 100,867
Iv had mine for a few months now and never had a problem, its true the cable is trash but it gets the job done (the cable on the f1x1 was much better).  They are bassy phones obv, but then again I use them for that sole purpose for other stuff i use my yamaha or pfe depending on what im listening too.  This seems to be the start of what for you will most likely grow into a hobby of buying more and more expensive gear and your off to a good start, i follow the rule of having a tool for the job and fx101 does exactly what i got it for bassssssss.

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #3,049 of 100,867
In what way is the cable 'trash'? I'm not too bothered as long as the earphones aren't going to come apart or anything like that; The picture in the following thread shows perfectly what happened to my SoundMagic E10s within 4-5 weeks of owning them - http://www.head-fi.org/t/613305/fixing-klipsch-s4

I'm not heavy handed by any means, quite the opposite in fact. 

I enjoy good sounding IEMs/headphones but I'm not really the sort to own like 5 different pairs of IEMs and 6 pairs of headphones. I listen to a lot of techno, trance, dubstep, dance, rap etc. and my E10s fell apart so I'm going to get them replaced, order the FX101s and cash in on the BNIB E10s while I can and hope that the same thing doesn't happen to the FX101s.

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #3,051 of 100,867
Quote:
In what way is the cable 'trash'? 

In all honesty its like one of the cables with you would find in the 90's with 2 thin strands stuck together.  You will see what i mean when they get there, dont sweat it to much though as for the price they are still excellent sq wise, hope the next version brings back the 1x1 cable or similar though.

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #3,054 of 100,867
Dont worry. Thw cable is ugly as sin but you wont have issues with the fx101. The fx40 is a better iem, mine is red and it looks very nice. The fx101 was made for teenagers (talking about how feels and looks)

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #3,055 of 100,867
Quote:
picture of cable,

http://cdn.head-fi.org/c/cc/cc8c03f2_fx1011.jpeg

To be honest, looking at that cable it doesn't look any less flimsy than the one on my E10s
Quote:
Dont worry. Thw cable is ugly as sin but you wont have issues with the fx101. The fx40 is a better iem, mine is red and it looks very nice. The fx101 was made for teenagers (talking about how feels and looks)

Yeah I was looking at the FX40s but I realised that like 80% of my music is bass-orientated, plus I don't have to wait for the FX101s to get here whereas I have to get the FX40s from Japan/USA.

Anyone have any comfort issues with the FX101s? 

Aug 22, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #3,056 of 100,867
No issues with fitment. But they are on the "big" side compared to the 3580 and fx40.

Aug 22, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #3,057 of 100,867
Quote:
I think the she9700 is a sidegrade to the fx40 as well with its great separation/staging and smoother highs. very impressive with no burn-in.

Damn you are not making it any more easy for my procrastination in getting the SHE9700s. LoL If they are on par with the 40s damn it's sure worth getting then...... Do you own both the 9700's and the FX40s?

Anywho, you can't really go wrong with the FX40s or the FX101's both owns in their own ways for dirt cheap!!!

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #3,058 of 100,867
Do you know what's better then all the cheapie bass earphones are.....its the xb90ex,trust me everyone just save all your money and buy them instead of buying alot of cheap ones.
First impression is omg :O
where is this amazing sound come from.....and this is without burn-in, using my s545(sony) mp3 player just to test it out, i played some psytrance.
first thing is the weight of the headphones....very light ,then the fit which is perfect for me.
The first thing in the sound sig is the bass which the headphones are intended for, the sub region is the strongest part while the mid bass region is 25% less..to describe it better.....its like a audiophile grade sub sound with elevate sub bass that rumbles like crazy and a powerful accurate mid bass slam which hits hard and fast....next is the mid which i really love, they are on the same level as the sub which and because the mid bass is small in quantity, there is this warm but clear vocal and instrument production.mids are also airy as with the bass(very 3-Dish type).the treble is accurate and sparkly(while not on the level of carbon nanotube) .

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #3,059 of 100,867
Does the CKM500 have equal or more bass than the FX101?
How does the CKM500 compare to the XB90EX?
Does it?

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #3,060 of 100,867
Quote:
Do you know what's better then all the cheapie bass earphones are.....its the xb90ex,trust me everyone just save all your money and buy them instead of buying alot of cheap ones.
First impression is omg :O
where is this amazing sound come from.....and this is without burn-in, using my s545(sony) mp3 player just to test it out, i played some psytrance.
first thing is the weight of the headphones....very light ,then the fit which is perfect for me.
The first thing in the sound sig is the bass which the headphones are intended for, the sub region is the strongest part while the mid bass region is 25% less..to describe it better.....its like a audiophile grade sub sound with elevate sub bass that rumbles like crazy and a powerful accurate mid bass slam which hits hard and fast....next is the mid which i really love, they are on the same level as the sub which and because the mid bass is small in quantity, there is this warm but clear vocal and instrument production.mids are also airy as with the bass(very 3-Dish type).the treble is accurate and sparkly(while not on the level of carbon nanotube) .

soon.........................got too much to handle as we speak, over $100 for an IEM is a lot to spend for me, but it seems like these sonys are worth every penny. Not in a rush, so gonna wait for them stateside and cop then if they get cheaper. Wish listed for sure, too much to bite all at once right now. DEM CARBON NANOTUBES FTW! LoL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back