The discovery thread!
Jul 16, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #2,657 of 100,865
So does anyone recommend earbuds that stay in my ear? The initial seal of the stock JVC HA FX101s are fine but then after a while they seem to lose that seal and pop out. So I don't get the pure music. I've tried every single bud i own, and they're all stock ones too, so are there any that won't do this?
Please let me know asap

Jul 16, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #2,658 of 100,865
So does anyone recommend earbuds that stay in my ear? The initial seal of the stock JVC HA FX101s are fine but then after a while they seem to lose that seal and pop out. So I don't get the pure music. I've tried every single bud i own, and they're all stock ones too, so are there any that won't do this?

Please let me know asap

What you need to do buddy, is change the tips. Find a tip that works well with your ear hole and stick with it. When I had my FX1X which I assume are the same tips as FX101? they were terrible, they wouldn't seal and I'd lose the sound. It's not a matter of buying a new IEM that won't fall out but finding a tip that stays put!

Try some Sony Hybrid tips, they seem to work well for everyone. Also lift your ear on insertion so the IEM locks in.

Watch Crystal do it, she's a pro!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRs9_RuBuNE

Jul 16, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #2,659 of 100,865
Wow that lifting the ear thing works perfectly!!!
Its amazing such simple things solve a big solution!
Anyway I didn't mean to say Earbuds, what i meant was eartips my bad sorry!

about those sony hybrids... are they really that good? I mean does it add extra comfort or something?
Does it enhance my music?
In what way?
Thanks again,
Great help!

Jul 16, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #2,660 of 100,865
Wow that lifting the ear thing works perfectly!!!
Its amazing such simple things solve a big solution!
Anyway I didn't mean to say Earbuds, what i meant was eartips my bad sorry!

about those sony hybrids... are they really that good? I mean does it add extra comfort or something?

Does it enhance my music?
In what way?
Thanks again,
Great help!

No problem, I thought that might of been the situation.

Changing tips will basically form a better seal, although you're inserting them properly now you may not have 100% seal. Sealing properly can enhance bass as bass respose rely's on pushing air, the tighter a seal in your canal the better pressure your IEM has to work with. (like a tyre tube without any leaks, air can't escape) Insertion depth also changes the sound which comes with different tips. The soundstage can also change slightly, you may also find an IEM can become either closed in or airy by changing tips with a different size bore. (the hole size in the middle) Most importantly you never need to shove them all the way into your brain.... You just need an airtight seal.

Here's some cheap Hybrids that work well.

http://shop.ebay.com.au/15shopgoods/m.html?_nkw=EP-Ex10A&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3911.m270.l1313&_sop=1&_odkw=&_osacat=0

Jul 16, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #2,661 of 100,865

Please let me know asap

Comply tips?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 16, 2012 at 4:34 AM Post #2,663 of 100,865
Oh great thanks for that link,
Ah are you saying that these ear tips offer these sound enhancements?
Thanks again, works perfect!

It not so much a sound enhancement rather than subtle change. don't be expecting too much. Those tips are what I used when the SHE3580 wouldn't respond properly for me.

I'm thinking they'll do the same for you.

No worrys buddy, enjoy your toys. :smile:

Jul 16, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #2,665 of 100,865
So what are you using currently?

On Phillips SHE3580 I use large size tips in the link I provided you with.

See how they have some width to them? they have some bite to grab with...

I don't have FX101 though I imagine those same tips linked will work well. The problem with FX1X stock tips was they were really thin, they wouldn't grab hold of your canal without folding or breaking the seal really easily. Very silly design I Imagine used to cut costs, they might work for others not me, I threw them away immediately.

Jul 16, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #2,666 of 100,865
Yea Im not gonna throw them away, Ill keep em, but Ill definitely look into those Sony Hybrids!
Thanks Heaps man
Your were of great help
And also thanks for that link, I searched ebay before, but it didnt come up with this one so cheers

Jul 16, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #2,667 of 100,865
Sorry for not post before but looks like I have no too much free time.
The same day of my last post I got a senheisse IE 8 at eBay for 55 pounds more or less (I don't remember the exact amount but it was not more 60)
My first imppresion listening music was: I am lucky for not pay the real price for them. My second thought was: the Ie8 should cost just 10 or 15 pounds more than the Isurus if the prices would be according the sound quality. But well, after a month I could say that the Ie8 are great but I would never pay the real price for them. They are better than Isurus indeed and for the money that I paid too but I can say that some cheapo are just fine for the price.
I gave my Isurus to my wife. I am kidding my Xtrememusic sound card with expensive sound capacitors for get the best of the ie8.
If some of you is interested on the ie8 are available for around 60 pounds at eBay of UK.
As anecdote about the ie8 I can tell that I was listening daft punk and I could listened the ''parasite sounds'' of the synthesizers.
Once again sorry for my English. I WROTTE this post with my child on me too.

Jul 16, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #2,668 of 100,865
thanks dsnuts.i love my 101s got the green and the pink lol.i also got the fx1x.im a base edd and im wondering about the cks77 do they blow away the 101s or are they a subtle upgrade.i saw the link a few pages bk ebay hongkong seller for cks 77 without pakageing.are these with the ext cable or not.and are they refurbs or something

Jul 16, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #2,669 of 100,865
thanks dsnuts.i love my 101s got the green and the pink lol.i also got the fx1x.im a base edd and im wondering about the cks77 do they blow away the 101s or are they a subtle upgrade.i saw the link a few pages bk ebay hongkong seller for cks 77 without pakageing.are these with the ext cable or not.and are they refurbs or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back