The discovery thread!
Jul 10, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #2,626 of 101,950
Quote:
Thats exactly what the ckm500 feel like, with the fx101 being behind them. Hence why i am considering the cks77 and the fx40... might have to just get em all

...and why not ? 
biggrin.gif
   ...they're certainly affordable.

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #2,627 of 101,950
Quote:
DSNuts, how loud are we talking? Hearing damage levels? 
Edit: Also, which do you recommend more? The Monoprice 8320 or the Philips 3580? I read several pages and just now realized that I had been reading different numerical values.... 

a friend gave me a pair of the monoprices. the sound is okayish compared to my visang ro1...i think theyre almost equals, but because of the fit and comfort issues i have only used them for testing purposes. IMO, they are a ugly pair of iems and quite clunky.  (i did not use the stock tips).

edit: actually,  i tried them on again with the tips i use on the R01's, they fit snug but I do think i still prefer the more traditional iems that dont have a big circular exterior casing.

Jul 11, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #2,629 of 101,950
Quote:
It seems that philips has recently released a new model that look almost identical to the she3580, called the she3500, I suppose some of you people might want to try them out. I wish I can try them out but they are not yet available here.

Here's the link:
http://www.usa.philips.com/c/headphones/she3500rd_00/prd/en/

The SHE3500 doesn't look much / any different from the 3580.  The only diff is the sensitivity is slightly lower (100 db vs 102 db).  I would bet the two sound identical, and that the 3500 is a "family" of same earphones with very slight differentiations for different applications or markets.

Jul 11, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #2,631 of 101,950
Quote:

The SHE3500 doesn't look much / any different from the 3580.  The only diff is the sensitivity is slightly lower (100 db vs 102 db).  I would bet the two sound identical, and that the 3500 is a "family" of same earphones with very slight differentiations for different applications or markets.

If the sensitivity is different that's a big clue that the sound will be at least somewhat different.

The SHH3580 looks just like a mic'ed version of the SHE3580 and yet they sound quite different:

Red: SHE3580, black: SHH3580

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #2,632 of 101,950
Hi guys,
My brothers on an expedition to japan in a few months and then I thought what a great opportunity for me to grab those famous CKM77's!
But I have no clue what kind of store it would be, and how cheap it would be.
Does anyone from japan have any idea, or even someone whose just visited there?
Thanks 

Jul 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #2,634 of 101,950
Yo, K-Mart be stepping their game up! Imagine my surprise, browsing their electronics to find the classic Koss Porta Pro, their KSC-75 siblings, and even the JVC FX101 and their brother the FR201. Both were competitively priced with online sellers ($19.99 and $29.99, respectively).

Is K-Mart becoming an unlikely friend to the humble audiophile? I say, fruity-tooty yee-haw!

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #2,636 of 101,950
Almost everyone carries a handset/handphone nowadays, the market for IEMs for listen to music/phone calls is huge beyond imagination.

...and everyone wants a piece of the pie !     ...over here, shops selling nothing but IEMs/headphones are springing up all over the place.  

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #2,638 of 101,950
Ok, Just wondering if they're is anyone who knows of good ear tips that create a good seal, and DON'T POP OUT! I absolutely hate that.
If anyone could suggest any please let me know, 
Also if anyones willing to sell these so called 'Perfect Eartips' to me please let me know

Jul 13, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #2,639 of 101,950
Quote:
Ok, Just wondering if they're is anyone who knows of good ear tips that create a good seal, and DON'T POP OUT! I absolutely hate that.
Also if anyones willing to sell these so called 'Perfect Eartips' to me please let me know

I think the Sony Hybrids are pretty much the perfect tips. The only problem is the 2.5mm hole, while most IEMs have nozzles around 5mm, leading to a muffled sound. But you can try for yourself.
I would also check out lostearbuds on eBay, he sells clones of lots of tips (including Hybrids). His Monster tips work really great for me.

Jul 13, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #2,640 of 101,950

Did you get the SHE3580 and FX101 already? Which phones have tips coming off for you?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back