The discovery thread!
Apr 2, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #23,596 of 100,541
Yeah, tell me about it :frowning2:
So would ordering from Accessory Jack (based in Hong Kong) be safe from customs if the seller was willing to mark down the price (which he was)?

Although I've never used Accessory Jack I can say in general that I've never got any claim on packages from HK with lowered value, and I've gotten a whole lot of them :wink:

Of course I cannot guarantee this, but it's his it has worked for me so far.

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #23,598 of 100,541
Interesting find, I have been intrigued by the L2 for a while. But I have to sell off a bunch of gear before I buy anything else.

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #23,600 of 100,541

I want IEMs to go with my ES700s and AD900X to completely the trifecta. Even though they are old news I'm really considering a purchase of the CKS1000s. What are some IEMs you guys would recommend for around $130 or less? The ES700s are my favorite headphones so far if that helps at all :p

^ The CKS1Ks are very similar to the ATH WS99s but the CKS1Ks is more refined in its overall micro detailing with slightly more nuances to their sound.

Best for you to just wait for the Sony H3s when they drop in price tbh, cuz the H3s are nice upgrade to the CKS1Ks tbh.

ES700 is mid-centric, Sony MH1C sounds somewhat similar.

^ LAMO, NO!!!

These two sound nothing like each other at all. The ES700s has a MUCH more delicate mid-centric sound with decent bass and treble ends, more like a gradual upside down "U", while the MH1Cs are almost bass cannon like in their presentation with a super smooth treble and nicely forward mids.

The BIG bass of the MH1Cs was shocked me when i 1st heard them cuz did not expect them to be so bass, so compared to the mid centric sound of the ES700s they couldn't be farther from one another. The FAD V and the Sony H3s would be a complete and total upgrade to the MH1/Cs if you are looking for something with almost the dead exact sound/ presentation but brings the refinement to another couple of levels, esp. the H3s. :)

^ But why would you get the MH1C for $44 when you can get the MH1 for $16 shipped in both black or white from this HK seller??? I ordered like last week and got them in this week, so shipping is a lil' more than a week which is CRAZY fast. But sadly it only comes with one set of tips unlike others that have gotten two sets of colored tips. :  (

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Headset-MH1-EC250-adaptor-For-Sony-Lt26i-st26i-LT39i-C6603-LT36i-st27i-Z1-Black-/310844630845?pt=Bluetooth_Wireless_Products&hash=item485fc8a73d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Headset-MH1-EC250-adaptor-For-Sony-Lt27i-ST18i-WT19i-C6603-LT36i-st25i-Z1-White-/121256051311?pt=Bluetooth_Wireless_Products&hash=item1c3b6c826f

But it does come with a lil' adapter for devices that these MH1 might not work on so...... not bad for the price at all. In fact i just ordered 2 more sets.
bigsmile_face.gif

Thanks man! You're always looking out for me! :D Any chance you or anyone reading this could do a comparison between the CKS1000, FAD V, and Sony H3? Those are the 3 I'm looking at right now.. I'm definitely ordering those MH1s since they are cheap as ****! I've only owned the MH1C, but I've heard the sound is exactly the same.

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #23,601 of 100,541
This had me hog-tied for hours!!! (from the Deals Discovery Thread)
http://www.headphone.com/headphones/headroom-hamphones.php?utm_source=HeadRoom+Newsletter+Subscribers&utm_campaign=7a978ca964-feb20_2014_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6540f969ed-7a978ca964-92689489

Apr 2, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #23,602 of 100,541
Although I've never used Accessory Jack I can say in general that I've never got any claim on packages from HK with lowered value, and I've gotten a whole lot of them :wink:

Of course I cannot guarantee this, but it's his it has worked for me so far.

Ah damn :frowning2:

I had ordered the IM70 from them a few weeks back but they were awaiting more stock which the guy told me there would be around a 2 weeks wait so I cancelled my order which came to £65\$108 with postage included. He couldn't guarantee when they would be back in stock as he hadn't heard back from audio technica so I decided to order from Amazon.jp via Tenso which cost me £96/$159. Oh well, you win some lose some I guess.

They should be here tomorrow as I've paid the customs charges now. On a positive note, Accessory Jack STILL doesn't have them back in stock, still says 'back order: within 14 days' so maybe it wasn't me to be there. Also, I've seen various posts from people on these forums who own the IM70 say that they sound like $200 iem's so that makes me feel a little better. Of course as you said, there is no absolute guarantee that I wouldn't have been charged customs if I had ordered from Accessory Jack anyway. They seem to be pretty strict here in the UK.

Fingers crossed they sound worthy of the £96 to me!

Apr 2, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #23,603 of 100,541
I got the same AT IM70 from Accessory Jack, not sure exactly how long it took, I think it was in the neighborhood of about 2 months, but eventually I did get them. Not the place to buy them if you're impatient...as it happens, had other stuff keeping me occupied, so didn't mind the wait. :)

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #23,604 of 100,541
I got the same AT IM70 from Accessory Jack, not sure exactly how long it took, I think it was in the neighborhood of about 2 months, but eventually I did get them. Not the place to buy them if you're impatient...as it happens, had other stuff keeping me occupied, so didn't mind the wait. :)

2 months.. wow :eek:

How do they sound, price wise how much would you say they're worth?

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #23,605 of 100,541
They're OK, have to say didn't listen much, been on a buying spree, mostly listening to the JVC Woodies, Heaven V's, Westone W40, Doppio, HK over ear, don't think the AT is up to that competition, but, as I said, haven't had the chance to spend "quality" time with them. Throw them and some of the others on and try for quickie impressions when I get the chance.

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #23,606 of 100,541
They definitely have a different personality than all the BA and hybrid iems I've been listening to, jump out at you, didn't think highs and resolution that great, but take it with a grain of salt, had burn in since, that was out of the box, and really need to give them some time (now if only someone could give ME some time.....:rolleyes:.

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #23,607 of 100,541
  Thanks man! You're always looking out for me! :D Any chance you or anyone reading this could do a comparison between the CKS1000, FAD V, and Sony H3? Those are the 3 I'm looking at right now.. I'm definitely ordering those MH1s since they are cheap as ****! I've only owned the MH1C, but I've heard the sound is exactly the same.

If you love the AD900X and ES700, then I would say the FAD Heaven V would suit your tastes. I had the AD900X, CKS1000, and Heaven V, and I would have to say the Heaven V is by far my favorite out of the three. The CKS1000's mids are too recessed, at least for my tastes, so if you like the ES700 which are mid-centric, the Heaven V is probably perfect for you. Plus the Heaven V is just far more refined throughout compared to the CKS1000 and sounds much more coherent in terms of soundstage and imaging. The CKS1000 did some weird things with the soundstage, it was very wide but didn't sound natural and placement of instruments got kinda strange.

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #23,608 of 100,541
...actually have the AT IM70's on the burn in station now...

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #23,609 of 100,541
They're OK, have to say didn't listen much, been on a buying spree, mostly listening to the JVC Woodies, Heaven V's, Westone W40, Doppio, HK over ear, don't think the AT is up to that competition, but, as I said, haven't had the chance to spend "quality" time with them. Throw them and some of the others on and try for quickie impressions when I get the chance.

They definitely have a different personality than all the BA and hybrid iems I've been listening to, jump out at you, didn't think highs and resolution that great, but take it with a grain of salt, had burn in since, that was out of the box, and really need to give them some time (now if only someone could give ME some time.....
rolleyes.gif

Ericp seemed to rate them quite highly, in the same or near enough bracket to the Doppio's and TE-05 so hopefully your opinion on them changes
redface.gif

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #23,610 of 100,541

If you love the AD900X and ES700, then I would say the FAD Heaven V would suit your tastes. I had the AD900X, CKS1000, and Heaven V, and I would have to say the Heaven V is by far my favorite out of the three. The CKS1000's mids are too recessed, at least for my tastes, so if you like the ES700 which are mid-centric, the Heaven V is probably perfect for you. Plus the Heaven V is just far more refined throughout compared to the CKS1000 and sounds much more coherent in terms of soundstage and imaging. The CKS1000 did some weird things with the soundstage, it was very wide but didn't sound natural and placement of instruments got kinda strange.

Interesting. I really appreciate the response! The FAD V really sounds like the IEM for me! Have you heard the Sony H3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back