The discovery thread!
Mar 6, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #22,876 of 100,097
  Yes in deed. They do. Amazingly so.. Commence burn in. Trust that the bass end tightens up a lot with better treble improvement as well. Congrats on the H3.

Thanks Ds, you are the one to give credit for this purchase. These really do match extremely well with my SRH1540 when switching back n forth...

Finally found the IEM I was desperately searching for...
beerchug.gif

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #22,877 of 100,097
Ya they get more awesome. H3s are the type of iem that slowly but steadily grows on a person.  You are actually cheating as your not supposed to throw those on a big amp just quite yet. Lol. Don't blame you for doing so however.. The H3s are a permanent part of the collection for certain..

Mar 6, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #22,878 of 100,097
DsNuts what did you think of the Heaven V (and VI)? For some reason I think that you've heard them. Thanks.

Mar 6, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #22,880 of 100,097
I used the chorus of Lorde Royals (about 45 second mark) to test bass quantity, since it goes so deep.  Pistons have the most by far, followed by Tenore, then Fidelio S2, then Astrotec AX30, then Teac ZE-1000 (the least by far).

Fidelio reaches lower than Tenore, but Tenore hits harder.  Pistons, Tenore, and S2 have deeper sounding bass than AX30 and ZE-1000.

I tried many tips on AX30 and found the Sony Hybrid large tips to be the best for bass.  AX30 sound more analytical while Pistons, Tenore, and S2 sound more musical.

After 200 hours burn in, Mikros 90 bass is not as deep as Pistons/Tenore/S2, but quantity lags only slightly from Tenore/S2 and is more than AX30.  I would say Mikros are more musical than AX30 but less than Pistons/Tenore/S2.

Tenore are still my favorite because of the super wide soundstage (3D sound!), balance, and natural life-like sound.

Mar 6, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #22,881 of 100,097
  DsNuts what did you think of the Heaven V (and VI)? For some reason I think that you've heard them. Thanks.

Haven Vs are crazy good. The mids on the Vs are special and great bass to boot. Very musical and organic sounding phone. I like them a lot. I was very much tempted to place an order but with my bday around the corner I wanted something new. It was a toss up between one of the IM0X phones or the FX850.. You all know where that money went to but ya, the smoothest full sounding BA phones I have ever heard. They don't sound like BAs. Which was pretty shocking when I heard them. Ultimately I was happy with my Doppios enough to where I wanted a departure from BAs., which was another reason why I went with the FX850. 

Mar 6, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #22,882 of 100,097
Haven Vs are crazy good. The mids on the Vs are special and great bass to boot. Very musical and organic sounding phone. I like them a lot. I was very much tempted to place an order but with my bday around the corner I wanted something new. It was a toss up between one of the IM0X phones or the FX850.. You all know where that money went to but ya, the smoothest full sounding BA phones I have ever heard. They don't sound like BAs. Which was pretty shocking when I heard them. Ultimately I was happy with my Doppios enough to where I wanted a departure from BAs., which was another reason why I went with the FX850. 

Great answer,

Mar 6, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #22,883 of 100,097
  Ya they get more awesome. H3s are the type of iem that slowly but steadily grows on a person.  You are actually cheating as your not supposed to throw those on a big amp just quite yet. Lol. Don't blame you for doing so however.. The H3s are a permanent part of the collection for certain..

Okay, these have yet to leave my sight since they arrived! From my desk... to, now, on the go...

Mar 6, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #22,884 of 100,097
Cool, mine are just shipping today, according to Amazon...ordered the JVC 850's as well, now if I can only order a few more sets of ears to listen to them all :p

I believe Geeks are coming soon!!!

Anyone have any experience or knowledge on X5's? Love my amp'd X3, but upgraditis strikes deep!!!!!

Mar 6, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #22,885 of 100,097
Cool, mine are just shipping today, according to Amazon...ordered the JVC 850's as well, now if I can only order a few more sets of ears to listen to them all :p

I believe Geeks are coming soon!!!

Anyone have any experience or knowledge on X5's? Love my amp'd X3, but upgraditis strikes deep!!!!!

Geeks are definitely coming soon. 1st batch for the super early 100 have already been shipped with the early-bird 200 to be shipped soon iinm.

I have a friend who's review an X5, will meet up to get an few hours of listening in. Will let you know.

Mar 6, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #22,886 of 100,097
Ok, so I've been commenting on Kanye West, and hadn't even listened to the album I have (never claimed to, had posted it as a random track I heard on my iPod on shuffle and really liked...but it was a discovery of sorts). So, after all the commotion, decided I'd play through My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, an album I bought because my 20 year old daughter was in love with it. So, album is Freakin great, can't always figure out everything he's singing about, but it's gripping. Gotta go online, find the lyrics written out, though I suspect they don't follow straight forward narrative. Ordered Yeezus, which was on the top of many Best Of lists las year. The things he throws together are amazing! collaboration with Bon Iver, CRAZY as my daughter would say. As a jazz loving, middle class white guy who's probably older than most of you, gotta say great schitt!!

Mar 6, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #22,887 of 100,097
Maybe they ran out of beryllium :wink:

:D

I used the chorus of Lorde Royals (about 45 second mark) to test bass quantity, since it goes so deep.

I took a listen and think that section bottoms out at like 45Hz which is basically where most popular music bottoms out in recent memory.

Mar 6, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #22,888 of 100,097
So I briefly A/Bed the ckn70 and Doppios, and I was right. There is more sub bassin the Doppio. And it's a better detailed and punchier bass. As a matter of fact, the imaging, clarity and separation in the Doppio slays the ckn70, and I always thought the AT was very good in those categories. So I see why I love the dual BA of the Doppio so much now. And still, the V is another level too. Funny how the TE-05 sounds very hybrid-like, and the V BA (and Doppio to some extent) sound very dynamic-like.

Mar 6, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #22,889 of 100,097
biggrin.gif

I took a listen and think that section bottoms out at like 45Hz which is basically where most popular music bottoms out in recent memory.

Go a few tracks further on Pure Heroine and you'll find some lethal sub bass.
wink_face.gif

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #22,890 of 100,097
So I briefly A/Bed the ckn70 and Doppios, and I was right. There is more sub bassin the Doppio. And it's a better detailed and punchier bass. As a matter of fact, the imaging, clarity and separation in the Doppio slays the ckn70, and I always thought the AT was very good in those categories. So I see why I love the dual BA of the Doppio so much now. And still, the V is another level too. Funny how the TE-05 sounds very hybrid-like, and the V BA (and Doppio to some extent) sound very dynamic-like.

microdrivers don't do everything perfectly in one sitting. 
biggrin.gif

Go double ba doppios!

Go double ba im02s!

Go single ba, heaven!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back