The discovery thread!
Feb 2, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #20,971 of 103,133

I thought we were friends, DannyBai? 
confused_face.gif

lol

^ Inter-Web friend..........

That's completely counterintuitive. You don't need an earphone to enjoy a perfectly good shag carpet.

It's not reciprocal.

^ It wasn't meant to be, i got my 1st hit in already hoho..................................................... runs aways.
tongue.gif

You got NOTHIN' boi!!!

What a joker. 
tongue.gif
 I like you.

^ ehhh don't enable/ encourage him.
rolleyes.gif

Duh, I only own the K3K so I can score all the honeyz when I'm not out for a spin in my shiny sports car with the top down blastin hits by the Biebz

To be completely blunt though, I think a humble, chintzy phone like the Maxell CN40 paired with XTZ player would really give plenty of TOTL phones a run for their money if brute technical performance is what you're after.

^ THAT'S MY STYLE.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Too much bird droppings in your cool-aid meng, nuff said regarding the former. : P

Yes, yes and yes. 

It's good to have a diff sound sig, I agree.

You might become tired of the sound sig after a good six months. I have grown tired of that type of sound with my iems, the im-02s being the exception. They provide enough bass and lively mids to give me a happy feeling. The mikros do give a lively feeling as well, but the bass misses out, which is why I somewhat dislike it. 

^ Yeppp good to mix it up once in a while, and i am really looking forward to hearing them. They might gel REALLY nicely with warmer amps/dacs in order to milk more bass quantity/ quality outta' them. Will see though, but it seems that the "warmer" FiiO RC-MH1 cable MIGHT just do the trick regarding the lows department.

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #20,972 of 103,133
See waynes world, I'm weaker than you. DannyBai's words made me pull the trigger on the V :frowning2:  ...

No, you're not weaker than me. But you do have more disposable income than me lol

Congrats mate! I'm not envious at all!

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #20,973 of 103,133
  See waynes world, I'm weaker than you. DannyBai's words made me pull the trigger on the V :frowning2:  ... But I showed him! I got the Black Chrome instead of the Ageing (I had to show some control, right? 
confused_face.gif
 ) .... YOu win buddy, DannyBai. I'm sure I'll like them. As ww stated, you haven't steered me wrong yet.

Awesome!!!!

beerchug.gif

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #20,974 of 103,133
I'm just not good at taking hints. Sometime I walk into the wrong-gendered washroom and I just sit around longer than I really should.

So cromulent, that's like one of those french pastries right.

If your parents wore Hamburger Helper gloves and you were raised in a Pilsbury household, then yes, the finest French pastries. Other than that, just make sure you got some emergency shimapan on and put your best moe face forward and no one'll be the wiser when these washroom mishaps occur

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #20,975 of 103,133
Ha ha vlenbo - you got me again! One of these days I will clue in lol. Awesome then about the 90's detail. Not so good about the thinness and/or lack of bass - that could be a deal breaker for me. How is the comfort?

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #20,976 of 103,133
Ha ha vlenbo - you got me again! One of these days I will clue in lol. Awesome then about the 90's detail. Not so good about the thinness and/or lack of bass - that could be a deal breaker for me. How is the comfort?

Seriously, most of my posts are unintentional leg pullers here! (Metaphor intended) 

The thinness isn't that bad, but it is noticable, and could be a deal breaker for people. The bass is decent in quantity as stated, but when I hear the ws99s, es700s, and obviously the re700s, they do need more bass, at least imo.

The comfort though, is almost as good as your ws99s (if you found those comfy).

The clamp force is a bit much though, my ears don't feel pain at all for a while, but in a few hours, it will hurt.

With glasses, it's even worse (I'm far sighted). I feel pain in a few minutes, just like the re700s.

(I'll blame only one of my ears though, as only one feels pain from wearing headphones. Even the lambskin pads on the es700s hurt my ears, that is pretty disconcerting for me).

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #20,977 of 103,133
Quote:
  See waynes world, I'm weaker than you. DannyBai's words made me pull the trigger on the V :frowning2:  ... But I showed him! I got the Black Chrome instead of the Ageing (I had to show some control, right? 
confused_face.gif
 ) .... YOu win buddy, DannyBai. I'm sure I'll like them. As ww stated, you haven't steered me wrong yet.

+

Quote:
No, you're not weaker than me. But you do have more disposable income than me lol

Congrats mate! I'm not envious at all!

+

Awesome!!!!

beerchug.gif

^

evil_smiley.gif

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #20,978 of 103,133
I don't feel the ML are thin in the midrange or highs (though they aren't "artificially sweetened", either, "just the facts, mam" as they used to say on the ancient detective show, Dragnet.
Bass has been my problem with them, it's there, it's accurate, it's anemic. You can hear it, but you don't feel it. Playing with positioning helps, but I don't think I will ever hear bass sound like the Shure 1540, Senn Amperior, etc.
Clamping was a problem initially, but the headband can be stretched, and I find, after doing that, don't feel the pain anymore, can wear them for a long time (but again, clamping or no clamping, they are an odd fit)
No more music posts for now...(maybe if you beg :wink:

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #20,979 of 103,133
If your parents wore Hamburger Helper gloves and you were raised in a Pilsbury household, then yes, the finest French pastries. Other than that, just make sure you got some emergency shimapan on and put your best moe face forward and no one'll be the wiser when these washroom mishaps occur

Thanks for the heads up. Should I keep them tucked in the K3K like you do? Always good to get some advice from someone with first-hand experience.

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #20,980 of 103,133
I don't feel the ML are thin in the midrange or highs (though they aren't "artificially sweetened", either, "just the facts, mam" as they used to say on the ancient detective show, Dragnet.
Bass has been my problem with them, it's there, it's accurate, it's anemic. You can hear it, but you don't feel it. Playing with positioning helps, but I don't think I will ever hear bass sound like the Shure 1540, Senn Amperior, etc.
Clamping was a problem initially, but the headband can be stretched, and I find, after doing that, don't feel the pain anymore, can wear them for a long time (but again, clamping or no clamping, they are an odd fit)
No more music posts for now...(maybe if you beg
wink.gif

the sound we hear then is different unfortunately. I hear it thinner sounding compared to the rest of my headphones, especially the ws99s. :/

Touche.... :p

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #20,981 of 103,133
Could be, though what I take as neutral could be what you take as thin (only part of hearing is in the ears...most of it is BETWEEN THE EARS (old Eastern saying...)

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #20,982 of 103,133
Transferring some Hi-Rez files, HD Trax, put them on my X3, and let the listening contests begin (trumpets BLARE here)

(OK, so I lied...couldn't resist)

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #20,983 of 103,133
Could be, though what I take as neutral could be what you take as thin (only part of hearing is in the ears...most of it is BETWEEN THE EARS (old Eastern saying...)

I hear neutral headphones and balanced headphones.

The ck10s were my first analytical and awesomely detailed headphones, which the martins nostalgically remind me of.

I enjoy the details that the ck10s delivered, but I felt as though it was missing something. The instruments sounded thin, the sound was smooth as heck, and it was liquidy at best.

The im-02s are different from them as it is a bit thicker in the instruments and vocals, warmer but not liquidy, smooth, and still had even more detail than the ck10s. The martins have the detail of the im-02s, but the same type of smooth and somewhat thin characteristic of the ck10s.

That's just me though, again. To the martin fans out there, I'm not hating on this headphone, I adore it! I'm just stating what I hear is all.

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #20,985 of 103,133
TwinQY while trying the NAD HP50 did they happen to also have the matching iem there too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back