The discovery thread!
Jan 28, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #20,671 of 100,512
I will be surprised if the FX850 is under $300 (took a long time for the FX700 to drop from it's $320 average price). I can say that those wood dynamic drivers gave one of the best timbre I've ever heard.

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #20,672 of 100,512
Eke was able to dig up pricing for the FX850 which puts it at roughly $400 USD MSRP, but it's under open pricing, so a price of $350 and up seems reasonable. 

Jan 28, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #20,673 of 100,512

Supposed pricing is about US $179/$279/$379. I look forward to Eric's H3, Cardas, FX850 shootout
tongue.gif
!

+1 on that, there's no way I'm dishing out another $300 for an iem. The sonys already take care of my needs. That's not to say that the jvcs won't be good, but I have enough of the high end now. 
tongue.gif

Eke was able to dig up pricing for the FX850 which puts it at roughly $400 USD MSRP, but it's under open pricing, so a price of $350 and up seems reasonable. 

Dang the laziness of mine, thanks for showering us with info friends.

All it took was one google search of it.

JVC HA-FX850 e ☆ special price ¥ 39,800

JVC HA-FX750 e ☆ special price ¥ 29,800 

JVC HA-FX650 e ☆ special price ¥ 19,800

I don't think all of the fakes will look the same nor have the same packaging.  For example, my fakes came in the same cardboard box and had "2" on the back, unlike his fakes.  I believe mine has the wide nozzle as well, but I'll have to check.

That is maniacal. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and example. Did the build of the iem look the same as well? Or were there minor differences?

I will be surprised if the FX850 is under $300 (took a long time for the FX700 to drop from it's $320 average price). I can say that those wood dynamic drivers gave one of the best timbre I've ever heard.

It was wishful thinking on my part. Now that I know the realistic price point, I'm pretty much perturbed at the moment.

Someone's impressions

From the fact that large-sized unit of 11mm caliber, casing size of earphone unit's slightly larger than the two other models FX850 top-level, but the fit is not bad when you insert in the ear. Cable is also a bit big than the other two models, but good flexibility high maneuverability. It's the place where I have adopted a MMCX terminal general, you want to enjoy all means re-cable. Playing of instruments and vocals emerges clearly in the vast space of the sound field is Perfume "Baby cruising Love / GAME". Attack feeling speedy tight. The sound of the sound's mellow but smart without waste. Distortion is suppressed low frequency, I have cleared both the strength and. Acoustic guitar recital with a musical instrument Richard Paige of "Kiss On The Wind / Solo Acoustic" is attractive vocal instruments and warm. To affect mellow harmonic component is rich. By opening is provided in the housing, there is a missing sound of reasonably, clarity of high frequency is very pleasant. The impressive amount of information more is applied to the sound of the FX700, with increased denseness. It's sound with the impact is obtained strong experience in image playback of high resolution, even though're listening through earphones, like you're listening through speakers though. The FX750, three-dimensional impression of the low range can be made ​​compact slightly compared to the FX850, but sound tight as tailored.Sense of speed of the high-range is rich, drums of rock is determined to tight and relentlessly. There is no waste in the sound of metal instruments such as hi-hat and snare, sound image of the low-pass is also a sharp contour. I think the focus of the sound image becomes slightly mild FX650, but the richness of the sound of the sound and dexterity of spatial representation is a thing of the unique series. Comfortable to wear also may housing because most petite.

Forget perturbed, I'm pretty vehement now. What to do...

Jan 28, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #20,674 of 100,512
For some reason, I think the FX750 esp. when the street price falls a bit(to the $250 mark) is going to be quite popular. Could be wrong but I have a feeling the sound will be somewhat close and people may like the lower price and less bulky cable connection point.

Jan 28, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #20,676 of 100,512
Jan 28, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #20,677 of 100,512
  For some reason, I think the FX750 esp. when the street price falls a bit(to the $250 mark) is going to be quite popular. Could be wrong but I have a feeling the sound will be somewhat close and people may like the lower price and less bulky cable connection point.

I concur, as that's what this early bird believes, if one reads his impressions profoundly. It's more compact than the fx850, has quite a good cable, and the sound is close to the fx850, except that the soundstage might be a little more condensed, and it MIGHT be a tad thinner sounding than the 850s, but the high hats, the bass and drums, as well as the vocals will be pretty amazing with these. 

Great, so now it's up to heaven V and FX750 for me... what to do! I know how tight bass can sound now, and I feel as though the fx750+850s can do the trick for me, as well as having pleasing mids and highs with beautiful timbre. 

Waiting for those street prices to drop then.

Jan 28, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #20,679 of 100,512
  I concur, as that's what this early bird believes, if one reads his impressions profoundly. It's more compact than the fx850, has quite a good cable, and the sound is close to the fx850, except that the soundstage might be a little more condensed, and it MIGHT be a tad thinner sounding than the 850s, but the high hats, the bass and drums, as well as the vocals will be pretty amazing with these. 

Great, so now it's up to heaven V and FX750 for me... what to do! I know how tight bass can sound now, and I feel as though the fx750+850s can do the trick for me, as well as having pleasing mids and highs with beautiful timbre. 

Waiting for those street prices to drop then.

Damn, that is almost my list right now. Heaven V, FX750, and TE05 plus Oyaide cable.

Yeah, those who want an upgrade to their FX700 should gravitate to the 750 at that price and better specs (8-26,000 vs. 6-40,000) and most likely reason away the need to spend the extra on the 850 :)

Jan 28, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #20,680 of 100,512

Damn, that is almost my list right now. Heaven V, FX750, and TE05 plus Oyaide cable.

Yeah, those who want an upgrade to their FX700 should gravitate to the 750 at that price and better specs (8-26,000 vs. 6-40,000) 

Damn, I forgot about the TE05, thanks for nothing jant! now I'll lose more money.  
frown.gif

My list is indeed similar to yours, just without the cable, I can't do that just yet. I have to wait until the cynicism in me about cables dies out, 
tongue.gif

"and most likely reason away the need to spend the extra on the 850 :)"

And save that extra for the heaven V OR TE05, it's a win-win situation jant!

I like your thinking!

VIVA 2014!!!

Jan 28, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #20,681 of 100,512
Still tells me nothing about the mids.

Jan 28, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #20,682 of 100,512
FIRST LISTEN to  ZERO AUDIO BX510   CARBON SINGOLOS:
could help but share this:  right out of the box they made my head turn around...
like a monstrously successful crosss between the Tenores and the Bassios.
wonderful layering of instrument and tones bass tremendous partially because of
form factor and deep ear canal insertion, midrange soaring, treble high and sparkling
but not sibilant.....obviously in need of extensive burn in being carbon nano based,
some bass smearing and tones not right....but potential is IMMENSE.  they just
won some kind of award in Japan, but i can't read the japanese award sticker, VGP awards..

i can't wait to compare them next week to the rest of the Zero Audio line up, the
500s, Tenores, Bassos, and Doppios!  i know its cheating, but I'm going to leave these
BX510s in my ears for a few more songs before i jack em in to the burn in iPod...

Jan 28, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #20,683 of 100,512
could help but share this:  right out of the box they made my head turn around...
form factor and deep ear canal insertion, midrange soaring, treble high and sparkling
but not sibilant.....obviously in need of extensive burn in being carbon nano based,
won some kind of award in Japan, but i can't read the japanese award sticker, VGP awards..

i can't wait to compare them next week to the rest of the Zero Audio line up, the
500s, Tenores, Bassos, and Doppios!  i know its cheating, but I'm going to leave these
BX510s in my ears for a few more songs before i jack em in to the burn in iPod...

beerchug.gif

Yeah, it's amazing that I virtually heard no bass when I first listened to the Doppios. Now, there is plenty of bass in these extremely clear dual-BAs.

Jan 28, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #20,684 of 100,512
  Still tells me nothing about the mids.

All he said was that it was clear to hear, I agree with your statement. Clear on the fx850s anyways. He also said it sounded smooth, but only on the 850s unfortunately. He focused on the highs and lows on the fx750s, it might or might not be a good sign..

I also got this, though it's still vague.

"You can enjoy sound field and clear to eliminate the metallic sound quality as well FX750 to become the low-order model, the 850, also suppressed the extra vibration. The trend of the sound, to the 850 sounds a monitor like in pursuit of a wide range of audibility, a good balance, mid-range is the overhang slightly to 750, good spirit, strength dynamic's characteristic . People while being earphone natural sound, wanting force also will match 750"

So the 850's midrange is more forward than the 750s. Still don't know how the 750s sound though or the 850s in comparison to the fx700...I surely hope it's balanced and not V or U shaped. Well, better U shaped than V imo.

I seriously can't find more impressions.

Jan 28, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #20,685 of 100,512

How's the bass quantity? More than the bassos, at the basso's level, or at tenore's level? Just wondering.

Besides that, it's not disconcerting at all to hear the great things about the midrange and treble! You got a gem in your hands. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back