The discovery thread!
Jan 28, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #20,656 of 100,525
I got this from INSHOES regarding the fake Piston 2.0.  I wonder if the distributor gave him fakes without him knowing it, since many have bought from him and received genuine ones.

"I am shock that you have not contacted us before, then opened this dispute and simultaneously gave us negative comment. We sold this same earphones over 100 pieces on eBay. How comes you guess it is fake? I found you had been selling the similar earphones on ebay. Your feedback is impacting my business but i don't think you will get any benefit. I dare say it is 100% original. Anyway, as we describe on ebay, we accept return if you are not satisfied within 14days. I'll issue you the full refund via PayPal once I receive your parcel. Any damages not reported prior to return will be purchaser's responsibility and may be subtracted from total refund amount. We are not liable for any damages or losses in transit to the return address. i.e. pack it well and send fast & safe." If you have any problem and question, please email me. I will reply your email even in the period of chinese new year. Sorry for my poor english! Regards, CHENG"

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #20,657 of 100,525

I bought the Pistons from this seller a week ago and they already shipped, so I can't cancel.  How can I tell definitively if they are fakes (apart from sound)?

Did you receive your Pistons from inshoes?  Were they real or fake?

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #20,658 of 100,525

Well, for 15$ - what did you expect?

Well, if an ebay seller purchases like 100  pistons on wholesale price he'll  probably pay less than 15 bucks a pair, so technically it is possible. Even if you buy just 4 units the price is lowered to $18.99 per unit and the big sellers  like ibuygou still make quite a profit.

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #20,659 of 100,525
  Well, if an ebay seller purchases like 100  pistons on wholesale price he'll  probably pay less than 15 bucks a pair, so technically it is possible. Even if you buy just 4 units the price is lowered to $18.99 per unit and the big sellers  like ibuygou still make quite a profit.

You are forgetting eBay fees, Paypal fees, couple bucks of profit ...
15$ only makes sense if he paid under 10$.

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #20,660 of 100,525

The lad also sells Xiaomi smartphones. He could also sell the headphone separately from the phone, making double profit.

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #20,661 of 100,525

You are forgetting eBay fees, Paypal fees, couple bucks of profit ...
15$ only makes sense if he paid under 10$.

Well, I only said it's possible, not that any greedy Chinese ebay seller would go through all the trouble for a couple of bucks.  

The lad also sells Xiaomi smartphones. He could also sell the headphone separately from the phone, making double profit.

Well, he could. As if that Singapore seller that was recommended here wasn't selling them for like $32 with the shipping for some time to double his investment.

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #20,662 of 100,525
I used to sell and I know what the prices can be straight from the factory. The Pistons are probably at or maybe slightly less than $10. IIRC, the DUNU Tridents cost me $12 each for 10 units and they were to sell at a higher price point and had a bit more cost to the packaging/accessories.

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #20,663 of 100,525
  Huh, what's this...
ha-fx850_bunkai.jpg

New JVC's. FX650/750/850
HA-FX850
New
Open price ※
Will be released in late February 2014

hi_reso_logo.gif
space.gif
ha-fx850_icon01.gif
ha-fx850_750_650_icon02.gif
ha-fx850_750_650_icon03.gif
copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_space.gif

ha-fx850_prod.jpg

※ product of open price does not impose a manufacturer's suggested retail price.

Key Features

It is equipped with a new "wood dome unit" to achieve a spread of natural sound and beautiful sound

ha-fx850_750_wood_dome.jpg

Place the newly developed "Wood diffuser" which is processed into a ring-shaped and processed into dome-shaped with a thin film processing technology of our own on the front of the "wood dome diaphragm". Is allowed to diffuse the sound, providing a spread of natural sound.

It is equipped with a new structure "hybrid acoustic damper" to reduce the vibration in a wide band loss of unit

By using hold the unit in the "Wood damper" of new development with the "tree" and (brass) ring brass large specific gravity, it is possible to reduce the broadband vibration loss of the unit, providing a sound reproduction clear high resolution . In addition, pressed by brass ring also the front of the unit by the deployment of "acoustic damper dual hybrid" structure, it is possible to improve the damping property further, HA-FX850 will increase the resolution.

It is equipped to absorb unwanted vibration, a new development "Wood ring absorber"

850_750_woodling_absorber.jpg

The optimum control of the sound. Housing equipped with a wood ring absorber "to absorb unwanted vibration transmitted to the brass ring of the rear housing, providing clear sound with no turbidity.

I adopt the "Wood housing" convey the sound of sound rich sense of reality

I adopt the housing of the headphones "tree" also (housing). By maximizing the characteristics of the "Wood dome unit" to play realistic rich reverberations spread and natural sound.

It is attached with new development "spiral dot earpiece" to achieve a clear sound

It is attached to suppress the turbidity of the sound is diffused dimples provided in the earpiece inner wall the reflected sound of the earpiece that is the cause of quality deterioration, to achieve a clear sound the "spiral dot earpiece". Memory foam earpiece that fits snuggly into the ear with the soft touch is also included.
ha-fx700_teihan.jpg
Memory foam earpiece
※ It is the service parts handling. (Each 2 pcs S, M)

hp-fx700_silicon.jpg
Silicon earpiece​

earpiece_danmen.jpg
Earpiece sectional view​

I adopt a detachable cord with MMCX terminal

850_code.jpg

Carrying case included for portability

ha-fx850fx750_fx650_case.jpg

Package & plug part

ha-fx850_package.jpg

ha-fx850_plug.jpg

The HA-FX850 Specifications

ModelDynamic
Hi-Res supportYes
Unit diameterφ11.0 mm
Output sound pressure level106dB/1mW
Play frequency band6Hz ~ 45,000 Hz
Impedance16Ω
Maximum permissible input200 mW (IEC ※)
Code1.2m (Y type) OFC (MMCX removable)
Input plugφ3.5 24 mm gold-plated stereo mini-plug, metal sleeve adoption
Mass(Without cord) 13.0g
Accessories2 each 2 each earpiece S, M, L, memory foam earpiece S, M, code keeper, clip, carry

Discuss :)

I absolutely loved the FX700, except for one thing ----> The MIDS WERE TOO FREAKIN' RECESSED!! If they have fixed that I'm so in!!!

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #20,664 of 100,525

I absolutely loved the FX700, except for one thing ----> The MIDS WERE TOO FREAKIN' RECESSED!! If they have fixed that I'm so in!!!

That's what put me off from purchasing those beautiful wooden jvcs. I have a feeling they fixed that issue, but hopefully, without any other caveat..These look even better than the original!

I wonder what the pricing is...I hope the open price will make it at least $170 for the 680. Even if it is $220, it's cool with me. 

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #20,665 of 100,525
I really enjoy the timbre of the JVC FX500, but as Eric stated, I've got an issue with the recessed mids (and the overly boosted low end/relatively limited soundstage). I'm glad they've gone the replacement cable route though. The cable on my FX500 just inexplicably failed on me one day after about a year of ownership. I think if the FX850 somehow sounded like the Ocharaku line (mildly U shaped) but with smoother highs, I'd be pretty excited about the 850. 

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #20,668 of 100,525
  Make sure to see Pastapipo's picture taking of the fake and real pistons. It's only a couple pages back. 

PG1378 to check the piston's genuinity everyone.

I don't think all of the fakes will look the same nor have the same packaging.  For example, my fakes came in the same cardboard box and had "2" on the back, unlike his fakes.  I believe mine has the wide nozzle as well, but I'll have to check.

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #20,669 of 100,525
  That's what put me off from purchasing those beautiful wooden jvcs. I have a feeling they fixed that issue, but hopefully, without any other caveat..These look even better than the original!

I wonder what the pricing is...I hope the open price will make it at least $170 for the 680. Even if it is $220, it's cool with me. 

Supposed pricing is about US $179/$279/$379. I look forward to Eric's H3, Cardas, FX850 shootout
tongue.gif
!

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #20,670 of 100,525

Users who are viewing this thread

Back