The discovery thread!
Jan 18, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #19,487 of 100,489
Intriguing! Had the FAD's been on your radar for a while?

Jant shared some info with me awhile back and it's been in the back of my mind since. If you go and read VWinter's impressions on the FAD impressions thread, there's no turning back. Probably the best impressions I've ever read on Head-Fi.

Warning: DON'T DO IT WAYNE!

Lovely, looks like the doppios are exactly what I expected, awesome.

The heaven V is something I didn't expect to hear though, this is truly outstanding, it's $260 with tenso shipping, right? Looks like that might be something I'll get and sell my im-02s for. Thanks for your impression, makes me want to get them. :)  

What do you think of the h-3s in comparison to the heavens?

Man vlenbo, that's hard since I enjoy all the sounds from every earphone. I love the H3 and its big and bold sound. Aging is more even keeled, neutral but don't mistake that as boring because it's as far as it could be from that. It plays every genre with ease and it's the first Heaven series I've heard that gets the treble right and has amazing bass. The sound is hard to put into words. I absolutely love it like I love my TOTL gear. But, there's and added bonus that the Aging possess that nothing else does, it just sounds natural. Worth every penny and much more knowing how everything big brand and audiophile boutique is priced these days.

Jan 18, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #19,488 of 100,489
Wow thanks!

Jan 18, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #19,490 of 100,489
Jant shared some info with me awhile back and it's been in the back of my mind since. If you go and read VWinter's impressions on the FAD impressions thread, there's no turning back. Probably the best impressions I've ever read on Head-Fi.

Warning: DON'T DO IT WAYNE!
Man vlenbo, that's hard since I enjoy all the sounds from every earphone. I love the H3 and its big and bold sound. Aging is more even keeled, neutral but don't mistake that as boring because it's as far as it could be from that. It plays every genre with ease and it's the first Heaven series I've heard that gets the treble right and has amazing bass. The sound is hard to put into words. I absolutely love it like I love my TOTL gear. But, there's and added bonus that the Aging possess that nothing else does, it just sounds natural. Worth every penny and much more knowing how everything big brand and audiophile boutique is priced these days.

Nah man, it's cool. Sorry to make you compare them, but since you elaborated a bit on the heaven aging and compared it the h-3s in two words, you just helped heaven gain another customer. 
etysmile.gif

I am interested to hear it as I know you enjoy every earphone thrown at you (at least the good ones, lol). Now that I got a bit more impressions from you, as well as vwinter's, I am going to pull the trigger in summer, which means I won't buy those new phiaton ms430s or something. If someone else says it's natural I might go beserk, as I definitely want to hear this flavor, especially since it's only $260....

Thanks danny and vwinter, you guys rock. 
beerchug.gif

Jan 18, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #19,492 of 100,489

XBA-H3 just showed up (as well as the EX1000).

^ Oh schiit!!! HOOK IT UP ekey boi!!!

Can i hit it 2nd??? I meant 2nd dibs???
ksc75smile.gif

Take your tyme with them and congrats!!! Can't wait for impressions.
popcorn.gif

@doc.. Now you know why I dig em so much..Also now that you got some burn in and hear that treble extend more so. They were definitely not burned in from previous owner and this is exactly what I mean by what a damn shame it is that guys don't bother with the burn in..Glad your enjoying them my friend..

And.. Go Broncos.

+

That rich deep treble..Precise imagery..Nice clean balanced tuning..Glad your finally hearing them shape up..My pair sounds pretty awesome as well.

Oh and.............................................................................. go Broncos.

+

After Patriots loose.!
biggrin.gif

^ Yeppp cuz the 9ers are gonna own them all. SF WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

They got robbed last year so this is "THE ONE", just like them H3
wink.gif
NINERS BOI!!!

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #19,493 of 100,489
  ^ Another d_marco classic write-up, SWEET!!!
cool.gif

Thanks mate! I figured the review can offer some perspective to those who wonder if their mid-tier IEMs are totally worth keeping.

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #19,495 of 100,489

LoL, go and read H20s post on your thread just now.
triportsad.gif

Seems like you got the "poor mans" version. hoho

Oh that reminds me i gotta' post something....

Yeah I knew that from the start. Just makes me wonder more about the Revised version 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #19,496 of 100,489
Just snuck a listen to the H3 and EX1000. For the first in a while, me and ericp10 agree on sound lol. I do hear the H3 as better than the EX1000. It's just more refined, with more fleshed out treble than the EX1000. 

BUT

This is with the tape mod. The bass port is taped over, with a pin hole in the middle so the driver can still breathe. Honestly, this might be the best hybrid deal on the market. Jump on these guys.

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #19,498 of 100,489
  Having some "Oh s**t" moments with the H3:

I'm not really sure that it's going to be good for my wallet if you keep this up!

If you DO keep it up, you will of course have to provide some sort of comparison to the ASG2's. But you know that :)

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #19,499 of 100,489

Yeah I knew that from the start. Just makes me wonder more about the Revised version 
tongue_smile.gif

^ haha i DID read your review, so i knew as well.................
ph34r.gif

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/3/3a/100x100px-LS-3a256d23_prd_028148.jpeg[/img]
  1. eke2k6
  2. badge_headphoneusSupremus.v2411770217.png

Just snuck a listen to the H3 and EX1000. For the first in a while, me and ericp10 agree on sound lol. I do hear the H3 as better than the EX1000. It's just more refined, with more fleshed out treble than the EX1000. 

BUT

This is with the tape mod. The bass port is taped over, with a pin hole in the middle so the driver can still breathe. Honestly, this might be the best hybrid deal on the market. Jump on these guys.

+
 Having some "Oh s**t" moments with the H3:

^ LMAO looky like ekey boi is going full_retard on those H3. hoho
popcorn.gif

But let me ask you ONE QUESTION, are those H3s better than your ASG 2s???
bigsmile_face.gif

i already know ericp is gonna avoid this question, but you can tell us.
wink.gif
And don't give us that bull on different siggys/ preferences.
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #19,500 of 100,489

I'm not really sure that it's going to be good for my wallet if you keep this up!

If you DO keep it up, you will of course have to provide some sort of comparison to the ASG2's. But you know that :)

Lol. I haven't A/B'ed yet, but the H3 can be had for a couple hundred bucks cheaper than the G2. I don't even know if the G2 is better than the H3, or by how much (little).

Remember when I told you to "just do it" for the H-200? 

Just do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back