The discovery thread!
May 31, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #1,876 of 100,307
Quote:
Ugh... Gutted, I discovered this thread a week after buying the FX1X's Oh well I'll just have to get these too.

I was looking at getting the 101's with the mic but on amazon all i can find is these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-Xtreme-Xplosives-Headphones-Remote/dp/B0076WQN9M/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1338460363&sr=1-13

They have a 10mm diver not a 8.5mm which makes me think they're going to be more like the FX1X?

Anyone know or have a link to the FX101 version?

I scrolled down to Product Description in your link, and it says, "[size=small]include Extreme Deep Bass Ports and 8.5mm Neodymium driver..." That's the correct one, the HA-FR201.[/size]

May 31, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #1,877 of 100,307
FX101 arrived today. My impression so far that the treble is extremely harsh and piercing. Jazz trumpets pierces at my ears. I will burn them in overnight and hope it improves. However I do like the detail retrieval, bass and midrange, its incredibly good for the price.

May 31, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #1,878 of 100,307
Quote:
FX101 arrived today. My impression so far that the treble is extremely harsh and piercing. Jazz trumpets pierces at my ears. I will burn them in overnight and hope it improves. However I do like the detail retrieval, bass and midrange, its incredibly good for the price.

A good burn in helps tremendously. I found that out of the box the highs cymbals and the such can be a bit uncomfortable. Currently have around 120 hrs and the highs smoothed out/lows became a more defined. For the time being I couldn't be any happier with both 101's and 40's especially for the amount spent, but like any addicting hobby the next ear candy is always around the corner.

May 31, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #1,879 of 100,307
Quote:
I scrolled down to Product Description in your link, and it says, "[size=small]include Extreme Deep Bass Ports and 8.5mm Neodymium driver..." That's the correct one, the HA-FR201.[/size]

lol wow... i only read down as far as the Technical Details which says 10mm drivers, yet the Product Description says 8.5mm... weird

Thanks for your help :D Gonna order these in a bit

Jun 1, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #1,883 of 100,307
Quote:
Anyone can compare them with the she9700?
The fact that the 101s compete with the mg7 says more than enough, but i am curious if anyone has both...

A/Bing on both. I forgot how good the SHE9700 are. That being said These new FX101 Definitely show their power when it comes to sound vs the SHE9700.. Between these 2 I would say the sounds are almost dead even a slight edge on the FX101 for a bit more sub bass and extension but it is going to be hard for most to tell. They both have a solid sound in the mids and highs. The FX101 has a very minimal edge in instrument separation and while the sub bass is greater on the FX101 the balance is also a small step better on them as well.

I remember being very impressed with the old SHE9700 and I still am. I would say the differences in the two are minimal at best. Both have excellent bass response and both are equally cheap.  Now where the FX101 pulls ahead is bit more defined in the mids and sounds a bit more fuller and deeper over the SHE9700.

The SHE9700 represent the best cheapo Philips has come out with and the new JVCs does show an improvement over the SHE9700 even though the improvements are slight. Plus even though the build on the SHE9700 are solid I am not a fan of the spaghetti cord that is on these.. Would the FX101 be a upgrade over the SHE earphones from Philips. I think so. The SHE9700 being the best one out of the bunch the FX101 does a few things better than them while not a big step in SQ over them it is enough to justify trying them out if any of you guys have the Philips earphones.

Jun 1, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #1,884 of 100,307
My wife checked out my FX40 and liked them over the 101's. Bang! ordered her a pair. I'll teach her how to burn her own set. 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 2, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #1,886 of 100,307
Quote:
My wife checked out my FX40 and liked them over the 101's. Bang! ordered her a pair. I'll teach her how to burn her own set. 
rolleyes.gif

So she prefers the more detailed sound over the more musical one. Considering women use both sides of their brains more than guys that kinda makes sense. If you get a new pair for her you gotta do us a favor and tell us what the clear differences are for open boxed one and your burned in one. I can do this as well but I am going to give my extra pairs to my nephews. Gotta teach them about proper sounds when they are young is my thought.

Jun 2, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #1,887 of 100,307
You'd really call the fx101 more musical? I think its bass is often too much, while the fx40 has occasionally hot treble. Otherwise, the 40 is about perfect--musical, detailed, and balanced. The 40's bass is incredible! Better than the 101!

You can have too much of a good thing.

Jun 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #1,888 of 100,307
Quote:
You'd really call the fx101 more musical? I think its bass is often too much, while the fx40 has occasionally hot treble. Otherwise, the 40 is about perfect--musical, detailed, and balanced. The 40's bass is incredible! Better than the 101!
You can have too much of a good thing.

My FX40 has no hot treble at all well that is after going on 120 hours of burn so if any of you guys that own the FX40 still experience a sharper treble keep them on the burn and they will mellow out and become perfect for the sound. I do like the bass on the FX40 quite a bit too. I don't know if the bass is better than the FX101. Both have their strengths. My FX101 is going on 80 hours of burn in time and they sound great too. I enjoy them both and change up often.

Jun 2, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #1,889 of 100,307
Quote:
Anyone wanting to try the HAFX1X even though they don't sound as good as the 101's can get them pretty cheap here 
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/genuine-jvc-x1-in-ear-earphone-3-5mm-jack-121005
I'm not sure if they really are the real thing though so be warned.

Oo. I don't know man. That dealsextreme clearly sells fakes and unless those come in a box I would steer clear away from those. I have an original pair and those look fake to me. The tips are not original at all. I know it would naturally get people that just bought their first XX earphone in the FX101 to consider trying out the FX1X.. I would get a FX40 over them if you guys don't have them already.. The older FX1X was fun at the time they came out and had some monsterous bass but compared to the FX101 there is no comparison on which one has a correct sound. 

I know they get rave reviews on Amazon but I am certain after owning the superior FX101 for guys that try out a FX1X will be disappointed.. Well that is unless you want a less refined sound.

Jun 2, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #1,890 of 100,307
Quote:
Oo. I don't know man. That dealsextreme clearly sells fakes and unless those come in a box I would steer clear away from those. I have an original pair and those look fake to me. The tips are not original at all. I know it would naturally get people that just bought their first XX earphone in the FX101 to consider trying out the FX1X.. I would get a FX40 over them if you guys don't have them already.. The older FX1X was fun at the time they came out and had some monsterous bass but compared to the FX101 there is no comparison on which one has a correct sound. 

I know they get rave reviews on Amazon but I am certain after owning the superior FX101 for guys that try out a FX1X will be disappointed.. Well that is unless you want a less refined sound.

Oh I wasn't sure but Dealextreme does sell fakes and knockoffs for sure, I just figured since they said "genuine" they may be real. I didn't purchase them I just figured somebody may want to hear the original's and they are almost $30 on amazon! I think the carrying case looks cool though.. I may have to get the FX40 sometime soon, not for a while though as I already purchased the FX101's and the CKM 50's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back