The discovery thread!
May 29, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #1,846 of 100,323
Quote:
The more hrs of burn in I find more and more detail in both sets.. The fx40's tho are kinda unforgiving when using a crappy material but when using great sources they are amazing..they are quickly becoming my favorite set right now. I bought 4 pairs of the 40's just to have as I tend to misplace my sets.

Yes, mine's sounding rich after around 130 hours burn time. Drums and percussion sound wonderful on it, having been listening to one of Jon Durant's albums. It's fast and does reasonably deep sound very well. Eventually, it's gonna be tested head to head with the HA-FX101. 
smile_phones.gif

May 29, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #1,847 of 100,323
so, what would you guys recommend for rock (everything from maroon 5 to whitechapel) the occasional hiphop/ rap, country (toby keith, jason aldean, the like.) they will generally be used for school (walking from class to class, blocking out annoying classmates stuff like that) and basically travel. i can get the 40s for $15 but i use youtube and middle quality downloads for portable stuff.
so what do you guys think?

thanks!

May 29, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #1,848 of 100,323
Quote:
so, what would you guys recommend for rock (everything from maroon 5 to whitechapel) the occasional hiphop/ rap, country (toby keith, jason aldean, the like.) they will generally be used for school (walking from class to class, blocking out annoying classmates stuff like that) and basically travel. i can get the 40s for $15 but i use youtube and middle quality downloads for portable stuff.

thanks!

I bet the FX40's would be better for that type of music. I have the 101's and they sounds great with bassy music like Electronic and Hip Hop. Also you should try MOG its a great music streaming site I use it, it streams all music at 320kbps!

May 29, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #1,850 of 100,323
Since i got my 40s Ive been listening to almost exclusively psytrance and dubstep and i find them more than capable for the genres.

May 29, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #1,851 of 100,323
Quote:

thanks!

Quote:
I bet the FX40's would be better for that type of music. I have the 101's and they sounds great with bassy music like Electronic and Hip Hop. Also you should try MOG its a great music streaming site I use it, it streams all music at 320kbps!

The 101s were sounding pretty great on my rock tracks today, and keep in mind they'll isolate better than the 40s.

May 29, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #1,854 of 100,323
Yes fellas. The new JVCs The HA-FXD80s. I am sure everyone will want to snag the high end when it comes out. Start saving your cash as these FX40s are just a taste of what those will be..I have my fingers crossed but the new Micro HD models just might become some very nice contenders. JVC this year is flexing their muscles on what they can do with cheapos..

So my point is..Can y'all imagine what is to come from a nice higher end JVC. I can't wait.

Funny story. I am in a small town near the Utah,  Arizona border and we are looking for a place to sleep for the night.  So the first place we stopped at looked ok from the outside. We go in the office and immediately I detect something that is just WRONG.. We are talking one of the nastiest smells. CAT and more CAT. An old lady comes out. The wife was curious about what the room would look like so she took us to the back of the motel to open this room. On the way there. There is like a dozen more cats just looking at us. LOl! Wild cats are all over this place. Not to mention their smell. Their poo. She opens the door to the most nastiest motel room I have ever seen. The dust from the conditioner alone was a red flag but even more dust on curtains. Oh lordy. People couldn't pay me to hear and smell wild cats at night and even spend a minute in this room of doom. I have never seen anything like it..Lol!!

Needless to say we are in a much nicer Motel a few miles down the street.. When traveling. Say no to Wild cat poo all over the place. 

May 29, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #1,855 of 100,323
The cks sound very dark compared to my fx101 with less sub bass(which i love) and the vocals and the trebles is way more cleaner affer only 39hrs of burn in....right now i an burning them in until the mornig and going to report back what else i discover....in the mean time ima pre order my fxd80s :p

May 29, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #1,856 of 100,323
Yes fellas. The new JVCs The HA-FXD80s. I am sure everyone will want to snag the high end when it comes out. Start saving your cash as these FX40s are just a taste of what those will be..I have my fingers crossed but the new Micro HD models just might become some very nice contenders. JVC this year is flexing their muscles on what they can do with cheapos..

So my point is..Can y'all imagine what is to come from a nice higher end JVC. I can't wait.

Funny story. I am in a small town near the Utah,  Arizona border and we are looking for a place to sleep for the night.  So the first place we stopped at looked ok from the outside. We go in the office and immediately I detect something that is just WRONG.. We are talking one of the nastiest smells. CAT and more CAT. An old lady comes out. The wife was curious about what the room would look like so she took us to the back of the motel to open this room. On the way there. There is like a dozen more cats just looking at us. LOl! Wild cats are all over this place. Not to mention their smell. Their poo. She opens the door to the most nastiest motel room I have ever seen. The dust from the conditioner alone was a red flag but even more dust on curtains. Oh lordy. People couldn't pay me to hear and smell wild cats at night and even spend a minute in this room of doom. I have never seen anything like it..Lol!!

Needless to say we are in a much nicer Motel a few miles down the street.. When traveling. Say no to Wild cat poo all over the place. 

It sounds like you are having fun :D

May 29, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #1,857 of 100,323

The FXD80 definitely looks interesting. Dsnuts, you should try the FXT90. It was the first to use the new microdrivers in the FXD series. It's probably much better known/reviewed than the IEMs you like to pick up though : P

May 30, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #1,858 of 100,323
Quote:

The FXD80 definitely looks interesting. Dsnuts, you should try the FXT90. It was the first to use the new microdrivers in the FXD series. It's probably much better known/reviewed than the IEMs you like to pick up though : P

I could have gotten the FXt90 a while ago but for some reason or another those have slipped from me. Right now I am all about these new JVC budget stuff and what is on that pic. Those just can't come out fast enough for my liking..All in due time.

May 30, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #1,859 of 100,323
Quote:

Sounds like the beginning of a Stephen King novel ... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back