The discovery thread!
Dec 31, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #17,973 of 100,200
If anyone ever wanted a dynamic driver that sounded like a balanced armature without the lack of bass, these do the trick.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3.w4002-218018788.35.pfBSHO&id=36694031589

$10. Destroys the Monoprice 8320 SQ.

The bass might actually be too much for some people, but not for a bass nut like me. Nice upper end clarity and vocals too.

SF just let me know that they look just like the CKN70, and I agree. There are several differences, like the OFC blue cable and "GK" logo on the shell , but I wouldn't doubt that these sound similar. Big, clear sound from these 5.8mm drivers. Aluminum alloy housing too.

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #17,974 of 100,200
  If anyone ever wanted a dynamic driver that sounded like a balanced armature without the lack of bass, these do the trick.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3.w4002-218018788.35.pfBSHO&id=36694031589

$10. Destroys the Monoprice 8320 SQ.

The bass might actually be too much for some people, but not for a bass nut like me. Nice upper end clarity and vocals too.

^ Looks like a straight ATH CKN rip off, maybe it is a CKN50s OEM??? Would be CRAZY sweet if it was a CKN70 OEM. LMAO

Sweet discovery meng, diggin' their look/ blue cable as well.

Got me self a set of those LG QB2s from this dood.

Can't wait to see what the hype is all about!!!
beerchug.gif

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #17,975 of 100,200
If those microdrivers used in the CKN70s are from Aipon, then it wouldn't be a stretch to say that they are similar/if not the same.

I mean both are 5.7mm, only thing different spec-wise is the impedance and the sensitivity (18ohm/98dB vs 16ohm/104dB).

It's actually a shame since apparently I'm supposed to get in VC02s for cracking open to harvest the microdrivers, these ones look much cheaper to stock up on.

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #17,976 of 100,200

^ Looks like a straight ATH CKN rip off, maybe it is a CKN50s OEM??? Would be CRAZY sweet if it was a CKN70 OEM. LMAO

Sweet discovery meng, diggin' their look/ blue cable as well.

Got me self a set of those LG QB2s from this dood.

Can't wait to see what the hype is all about!!!
beerchug.gif

They make a lot of ATH clone type drivers and sets. I wouldn't doubt if they use the same factory for the drivers, or if they are the factory. It is a 5.8mm micro driver, and I wouldn't doubt that it probably sounds similar to a CKN70. All their blue cables are 32 core OFC, which is a nice touch too. 

As far as the QB2, if you tame the midbass in EQ it sounds excellent. I think you'll like it.

If you don't like the stock sound, use this EQ setting in Foobar I made.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5T6Py-VlhbGbXRtdDN5eGxpMzg/edit?usp=sharing

As far as the QB2 vs. this KZ Micro Ring, the Micro Ring smokes it :)

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #17,977 of 100,200
  If those microdrivers used in the CKN70s are from Aipon, then it wouldn't be a stretch to say that they are similar/if not the same.

^ It's tyme for you to do some serious hoho diggin' meng. Since you gots those Chinese skittles/ connects. DEWITT!!!

They make a lot of ATH clone type drivers and sets. I wouldn't doubt if they use the same factory for the drivers, or if they are the factory. It is a 5.8mm micro driver, and I wouldn't doubt that it probably sounds similar to a CKN70. All their blue cables are 32 core OFC, which is a nice touch too. 

As far as the QB2, if you tame the midbass in EQ it sounds excellent. I think you'll like it.

If you don't like the stock sound, use this EQ setting in Foobar I made.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5T6Py-VlhbGbXRtdDN5eGxpMzg/edit?usp=sharing

As far as the QB2 vs. this KZ Micro Ring, the Micro Ring smokes it :)

^ OH SCHIIT!!! HYPED!!!

Let me get 1st dibs on these $10 wonders if you ever decide to sell, cuz i ain't messin' with those Chinese forwarding services.
triportsad.gif

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #17,978 of 100,200
Happy new year everybody.

Sf, check this video out from a Norwegian comedy show. This has to be your dream girl:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gVywp1TwY7Y

PS: I'm pretty drunk now :)

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #17,979 of 100,200
I switched to Comply olive tips, and so far that's improved the sound quite a bit. Paired with my E11, and these are NOW outperforming their price and DD design.

Just do a little tip rolling, I promise you'll have a "wow" moment.  If you have them, Ultimate Ears tips are the best I've found by far.  If you just want a little more bass block the little trench on the top of the nozzle with some foam.  It also smooths out the treble.

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #17,980 of 100,200
  ^ It's tyme for you to do some serious hoho diggin' meng. Since you gots those Chinese skittles/ connects. DEWITT!!!

^ OH SCHIIT!!! HYPED!!!

Let me get 1st dibs on these $10 wonders if you ever decide to sell, cuz i ain't messin' with those Chinese forwarding services.
triportsad.gif

You're in luck. Aliexpress has them. Search aliexpress to see if they have a cheaper link aside from this one.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Kz-spelialized-type-circle-5-8mm-acme-in-ear-earphones/1588219293.html

You'll pay slightly more than Taobao, but Aliexpress is like chinese ebay and has buyer protection.

Just do a little tip rolling, I promise you'll have a "wow" moment.  If you have them, Ultimate Ears tips are the best I've found by far.  If you just want a little more bass block the little trench on the top of the nozzle with some foam.  It also smooths out the treble.

I got mine in today too. Trying to get some time with them now.

Yep, the stock tips are meh... but I hear a lot of potential here. These S4 buds sound much better than $5 already.

Right now there is a midrange / mid-high gap somewhere, and detail suffers, Only 10 min in though.

Even though the S4 has been out for quite awhile, these are a nice find. They have a bigger budget bang than the Brainwavz Delta. I'm guessing they are so cheap to buy because they need to make millions of them.

Dec 31, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #17,981 of 100,200
I'm going to set the Samsungs up for a good pounding on the fullsized beast. See what happens.

Please check in if anyone finds those blue things available easier here in North America sellers

Dec 31, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #17,982 of 100,200
Happy new year everybody.

Sf, check this video out from a Norwegian comedy show. This has to be your dream girl:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gVywp1TwY7Y

PS: I'm pretty drunk now
smily_headphones1.gif

ehhh the hell did i just watched???
blink.gif

LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT PAPER BAG =/= SEXCEE CARDBOARD!!!

Much better....

... keepin' ya' awake from your drunkeness is all. : P

You're in luck. Aliexpress has them. Search aliexpress to see if they have a cheaper link aside from this one.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Kz-spelialized-type-circle-5-8mm-acme-in-ear-earphones/1588219293.html

You'll pay slightly more than Taobao, but Aliexpress is like chinese ebay and has buyer protection.

Hmmm $20 for pistons or these??? Gonna wait for my LG QB2s to see what's up.

Hope ya'll get your pistons in soon enough.
popcorn.gif

Dec 31, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #17,983 of 100,200
Originally Posted by sfwalcer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmm $20 for pistons or these??? Gonna wait for my LG QB2s to see what's up.
Hope ya'll get your pistons in soon enough.
popcorn.gif

These so you can pass them along to me and nick who obviously deserve them more. The Pistons look funny. Oh wait guess they'd be perfect for you then. Hmm....now I see your dilemma...

Dec 31, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #17,984 of 100,200
  These so you can pass them along to me and nick who obviously deserve them more. The Pistons look funny. Oh wait guess they'd be perfect for you then. Hmm....now I see your dilemma...

Your Mama' looks funny.
tongue.gif

ehhh shouldn't YOU be passing those $10 ATH CKN70 lookalikes to Nick and I since you have DAT CHINESE CONNECTION??? You can get them for cheap unlike us that has to get them for $20 from a middle man.
rolleyes.gif

No dilemma here, GET ON DAT $10 CKN70 bootleg hustle boi!!! DEWITTT!!! Sell them in bags meng. :)

The piston golden ring design actually look pretty sexy, it is just that that bullet shape that makes me ears sore. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back