The discovery thread!
Nov 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #16,426 of 100,438
  They've got big quality bass with a lot of texture while still sounding very open and wide. The sound is just aggressive enough to have a good sound without hurting your ears. Cymbals have a little bit of a fizz to them, but they sound amazing and clear. The vocals are as if JVC and AT had a baby. They are throaty and deep while being whispery and sweet. Female vocals still edge out male vocals slightly though. I like the sound because it is bright and warm, it's definitely not neutral it is very colored. It does remind me of Audio Technica in a lot of ways. It's like everything is forward while still retained depth, width, and openness which is what is really blowing my mind.

For my nephew's birthday, who's a fledgling head-fier, I originally purchased the VSD1S for him as a step up from his Monoprice. But when I asked him his sound preference, he mentioned liking a warm and open sound signature. Thinking the VSD1S might not jive with his preference (and it might not arrive in time for this weekend), I searched this thread and Joker's reviews thread for an IEM to fit his taste.

Lo and behold, your post pops up word for word on what he wanted. So I purchased the Gratitudes and thanks to Prime Shipping it'll arrive today, plenty of time until the weekend. So tempted to open it up and have a listen but I'll resist. Hope he likes it not only for the sound, but also for the looks because EW&F was beyond his time (he turns 22). 

As for the VSD1S, I guess I'll hold on to it and complete my VSD1 collection along with the "original" and the LE.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 6, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #16,427 of 100,438

Seems like Inks who always blasted others for nothing but hype... has become a hype-man himself by his logic...

Thanks guys!

It might also be a result of comparing an IEM with a list price of $230 to one that costs pretty much one tenth of that. I haven't heard either one yet, but since my Quadbeat 2 is on the way, I really hope that is the case. This thread does make me want to get my hands on a Gratitude, but that's pretty unlikely to happen.

Nov 6, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #16,429 of 100,438
Check out the new FiiO-branded pantsu!

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 6, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #16,432 of 100,438

Seems like Inks who always blasted others for nothing but hype... has become a hype-man himself by his logic...

Thanks guys!

Not really. The QB2 does great for $30. The Gratitude just does more, has nice cases, and tons of tips. I might try the Gratitude's triple flanges on the QB2 even.

Nov 6, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #16,434 of 100,438
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 6, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #16,436 of 100,438
For my nephew's birthday, who's a fledgling head-fier, I originally purchased the VSD1S for him as a step up from his Monoprice. But when I asked him his sound preference, he mentioned liking a warm and open sound signature. Thinking the VSD1S might not jive with his preference (and it might not arrive in time for this weekend), I searched this thread and Joker's reviews thread for an IEM to fit his taste.

Lo and behold, your post pops up word for word on what he wanted. So I purchased the Gratitudes and thanks to Prime Shipping it'll arrive today, plenty of time until the weekend. So tempted to open it up and have a listen but I'll resist. Hope he likes it not only for the sound, but also for the looks because EW&F was beyond his time (he turns 22). 

As for the VSD1S, I guess I'll hold on to it and complete my VSD1 collection along with the "original" and the LE. :rolleyes:

I'm happy I could help. Let me know what you guys think of it.

Nov 6, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #16,438 of 100,438
  You buy red panties?
When you put undergarments on the wrong body part?

Guess I was in before I had even joined....

You sleep in Panda Pajamas

A modding thread replaces Adult video sites in your bookmarks.

You start buying Il Mostro products.

Nov 6, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #16,439 of 100,438
Nov 6, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #16,440 of 100,438

MA750 would be for me. Gratitude come close second.

have you ab'd those two before?

I have both, I'm in the Gratitude camp, though I haven't done a long a-b to go head to head on them. I generally don't seem to do well with shallow fit iem's am a difficult fit in general for iem's. I'll listen later or over the next couple of days in more detail if you'd like (spending the weekend visiting my daughter at college, but should get some listening time)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back