The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Dec 23, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #1,651 of 3,746

Quote:
Should rename it OWNED.Com!

BAD BOY
very_evil_smiley.gif

When do you think you will have your new DAP?
I just opened my T51 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/447479/teclast-t51/780#post_7995189
The Pandora's box is opened, now I will see what will happen.

Dec 23, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #1,652 of 3,746
Well I have to make payment by the 26th and I'd assume the first week of January if its DHL shipping. I may be real busy trying to sell stuff on headfi this coming year lol.

Dec 23, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #1,653 of 3,746

Quote:
Well I have to make payment by the 26th and I'd assume the first week of January if its DHL shipping. I may be real busy trying to sell stuff on headfi this coming year lol.

What Stuff? LX!!!!!

Dec 23, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #1,654 of 3,746
No the Studio-V from Hisound audio. Didn't I provide a link to the thread. Just search Hisound and look at the 2 new posts for the $1.00 auction and the 50% off thread. The Studio-V is their flag ship and I'm getting mine for half off :wink:.

Dec 23, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #1,655 of 3,746

Quote:
No the Studio-V from Hisound audio. Didn't I provide a link to the thread. Just search Hisound and look at the 2 new posts for the $1.00 auction and the 50% off thread. The Studio-V is their flag ship and I'm getting mine for half off :wink:.

I know, I know! just.........................

Dec 23, 2011 at 8:20 AM Post #1,656 of 3,746
I know what you mean lol. I'm gonna be broke after this. Logically I'm gonna have to sell those IE80s when they come in and if this Device is as good as I'm hoping, the 601 must go as well...

Dec 23, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #1,657 of 3,746

Quote:
I know what you mean lol. I'm gonna be broke after this. Logically I'm gonna have to sell those IE80s when they come in and if this Device is as good as I'm hoping, the 601 must go as well...

Shame to see everyone selling his 601, I barely listened to mine, the problem is that I do not know how to sell my stuff, I prefer giving and sharing with my family (It could be that's why everybody in my family loves me? 
rolleyes.gif
)

Dec 23, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #1,659 of 3,746

Quote:
lol. You learn how to "create add" on headfi for sale forum. That is how you sell your stuff :wink:

Just having a session with Christmas songs (oldies) with my T51, and now confirmed it is not fake, you hear Kiteki!

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:01 AM Post #1,660 of 3,746
Quote:
This is exactly what's happening to my Edition 9s. The gold coating on the Ultrasone logo is flaking off in spots, and underneath it's a darker muddy color. 
frown.gif

Ultrasone is weird. I consider the ED 8 or ED 9 from time to time and then hear about yet one more area where Ultrasone fails in paying proper attention to details they didn't have to add in the first place.

I don't have a problem with the cost of high-end equipment although I can't indulge often. The problem is that it's hard to want to budget for a kilobuck product knowing that the plating is going to fail. Granted, that doesn't affect the sound and that's the important thing, but I keep hoping the money is in part a guarantee that the manufacture is good enough for that not to happen. It's not only resale value, it's the impression of overall reliability conveyed when stuff falls off of its own accord.

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:06 AM Post #1,661 of 3,746
stay away from anything "gold" on headfones....
popcorn.gif

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #1,662 of 3,746
Sometimes the minimalist approach just works better and you have less problems. kinda like with luxury cars, the more $hit you have the more 5hit breaks.

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #1,663 of 3,746

Quote:
Quote:

Ultrasone is weird. I consider the ED 8 or ED 9 from time to time and then hear about yet one more area where Ultrasone fails in paying proper attention to details they didn't have to add in the first place.

I don't have a problem with the cost of high-end equipment although I can't indulge often. The problem is that it's hard to want to budget for a kilobuck product knowing that the plating is going to fail. Granted, that doesn't affect the sound and that's the important thing, but I keep hoping the money is in part a guarantee that the manufacture is good enough for that not to happen. It's not only resale value, it's the impression of overall reliability conveyed when stuff falls off of its own accord.

I agree. It's especially silly considering Ultrasone markets the Edition series mostly on aesthetics and build materials. It seems the flaking on the logos is inevitable with time unfortunately. I've been searching for a second pristine set, but just about every pair I've found has at least a little of the gold missing now. Reminds me of the Sony CD3000's issue with the vinyl on the headband and earpads peeling off, only those could be replaced unlike this problem.

Still, the Edition 9 remains my favorite Ultrasone for the sound alone. Their newest Signature Pro has a very rugged build quality and sounds quite good, too. They seem to have learned from the Edition 10 fiasco perhaps.

Dec 23, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #1,664 of 3,746

Hi,

The Edition 10 sounds -> much better <- than the Edition 8.

You want a butterfly, or a piece of jet? I liked the jet, but the sound of the butterfly won me over.

|reality-check|, Just a sec... I don't even like full-size headphones, why? There's extraversal and intraversal, you can admire sound - surrounding you - or you can connect with it, inside of you.

How to inject it? You insert a driver into your ear canal, as deep as possible, my $26 JVCHAFXC51R is an esteemed dignitary in this sonic track and field.

You know why it costs $26?  Because 5 x 5 is a square, and 3 x 3 x 3 is a cube, 26, the only number in the universe juxtaposed between a square, and a cube... that's what the JVCHAFXC51R sonic landscape is like.

Space came from the void, humans evolved from the ocean,,, sound and music, from where? It's transcendental, like number theory - it exists disconnected from reality, reality is a mirror that reflects the transcendental.

This is where technology comes in, the mediator, the light that reflects unto the surface of the mirror.

/offline

Dec 23, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #1,665 of 3,746
I think they both have there plus' and cons. I like the full and enveloping sound of full size cans while I also love the very intimate and personal sound an IEM brings to the table. Different flavors for different moods. My Open-back denon 5000s very much remind me of my former EX1000s yet they are better technically in every frequency over the EX1000 in quality and quantity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back