The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
May 14, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #11,956 of 21,763

Don't mind me. I'm just being stupid. I wanted to be Harry Doyle when I was younger. Although I'm not sure the past tense is entirely accurate =/

May 14, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #11,959 of 21,763
 they took out the manual option?! Hmmmm if they decide to go to a .2 like they did with the 997 platform, don't think they'll add in manual? Porsche, why ): 

That's why I didn't wait for the Turbo and bought the Carrera S instead. Frankly, 400bhp is plenty for that car, it's very lively. 0-60 in 3.5s isn't something to sneeze at. One issue I have with forced induction Porsches is their turbo lag, it's very pronounced and I prefer a linear throttle. I don't like driving along at 60, mashing the gas, then very suddenly going from 250hp to near 600, and the TC/ESP is fighting to keep you in a straight line. The MP4-12C manages to avoid be plagued with it, despite its engine being roughly the same displacement. I doubt it's because of R&D, Porsche has much deeper pockets than McLaren.

May 14, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #11,960 of 21,763
Quote:
I propose akash neagi be a subject of TMAC's posting style month thingies.

I dont...
always...
post like...
this... 
but when I do...
it's...
to...
spite...
them...
T...
M...
A...
C...

... Folks

May 14, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #11,962 of 21,763
My dude on the "inside", actually it's a she, tells me that Ruf is going to rework the 991 Turbo, taking it to over 800hp, and giving it a proper manual gearbox. Probably limited to 10-15 cars (as usual for them). Would be a nice investment, but look for them to start at $800k.

May 14, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #11,963 of 21,763
Quote:
You know I don't know.........
This started a few weeks back when I was deciding which new headphone to buy......
I think it's warrenpchi's influence as back tracking I see this started on his review of the HD215..........

My first thought was that you were typing (always) on a 'Mobile.'

May 14, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #11,964 of 21,763
Quote:
My dude on the "inside", actually it's a she, tells me that Ruf is going to rework the 991 Turbo, taking it to over 800hp, and giving it a proper manual gearbox. Probably limited to 10-15 cars (as usual for them). Would be a nice investment, but look for them to start at $800k.

And revising their interviews for prospective buyers. 
tongue.gif

May 14, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #11,965 of 21,763
Its not that I mind.....
It that I didn't get you.....

It's like a play on baseball expressions. The first line just means something like unexpectedly and the second line isn't meant to make sense except that it's another baseball expression.

Like I said, not really worth explaining.

That's why I didn't wait for the Turbo and bought the Carrera S instead. Frankly, 400bhp is plenty for that car, it's very lively. 0-60 in 3.5s isn't something to sneeze at. One issue I have with forced induction Porsches is their turbo lag, it's very pronounced and I prefer a linear throttle. I don't like driving along at 60, mashing the gas, then very suddenly going from 250hp to near 600, and the TC/ESP is fighting to keep you in a straight line. The MP4-12C manages to avoid be plagued with it, despite its engine being roughly the same displacement. I doubt it's because of R&D, Porsche has much deeper pockets than McLaren.

Have you by any chance driven the F1? Just curious is all. It's supposed to be exactly the opposite of the 12C in its daily drivability.

I'm a little surprised that they haven't been able to tame the lag. I think BMW did a great job with that on the N54 and N55 but we're not really talking about the same kind of output for a 6 cylinder.

May 14, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #11,966 of 21,763
I'm a believer that any sort of punctuation should really only be used to impart a sense of emotion to the written words. Ellipses are good for sarcasm or for letting the reader fill-in the missing word, thus making the reader more involved in the story. Putting them everywhere just makes it sound like you are using "uptalk"

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3j4n5Jm1Qg[/VIDEO]

May 14, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #11,968 of 21,763
Quote:

I'm late again. 
frown.gif

LMAO, I'm not much of a furry kind of guy. Now if they ever came out with cross species gene splicing I'd be first in line. I just thought it was rather amusing so I posted the video. Some of the costumes were rather impressive in my opinion.

My rubbish english doesn't help here, but if I got right...there are a fair amount of cross species furs around there.

Not only Fisk but his suit is amazing.

May 14, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #11,969 of 21,763
So I bit... my ears will probably hate me.

Just Ordered one of those Hifiman RE-400s.
I'm also planning on getting some Denon AH-C300s in order to emulate my current full-size setup (i.e. RE-400 --> Mad Dogs and C300 --> Ultrasone Signature DJ).

Hopefully I'm making the right choices?!?
(and hopefully they'll be comfortable)

Thanks warrenpchi for the RE400 rec!

May 14, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #11,970 of 21,763
Quote:
So I bit... my ears will probably hate me.

Just Ordered one of those Hifiman RE-400s.

Thanks warrenpchi for the RE400 rec!

Wut?  You were serious about that? 
biggrin.gif
  Enjoy 'em.  Haven't run into one negative word about them yet.  And at that price, I think they are worth the money.

Also, I seem to remember there being fans of the JVC FXT90 in here.  Can one of you tell me why this limited edition version of it is $1,660.70?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back