The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
May 11, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #11,581 of 21,761
Quote:
Well I don't have blubber but I think its just better to ear right. You can actually lose weight without doing excessive exercise TwinQy. Just stop eating Twinkies :wink:...

Hey, no qualms with oatmeal - one bowl a day on weekends (mainly because I'm just too goshdarn lazy to cook up anything else while I lazy around in my pajamas listening to the Underwear Band and watch k-dramas with the windows open because I like the smell of wet rain). 

They just ain't as dia-terrifically sweet as me :3

May 11, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #11,582 of 21,761
Quote:
Hey, no qualms with oatmeal - one bowl a day on weekends (mainly because I'm just too goshdarn lazy to cook up anything else while I lazy around in my pajamas listening to the Underwear Band and watch k-dramas with the windows open because I like the smell of wet rain). 

They just ain't as dia-terrifically sweet as me :3

As opposed to the dry type?

May 11, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #11,583 of 21,761
Congrats ID, hope you love them ! Though not.perfectly fitting my tastes, I find them crazily impressive, in build as much as in sound.
Welp. I finally speared the white whale. 

One year after I posted this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/597146/fitear-to-go-334-suyamas-custom-iem-made-universal/195#post_8332236

I finally went ahead and scored a pair of 334. Got damn. After all of the seemingly immutable praise that's been heaped on these things, they'd better be the second coming of audio Jesus. Although... now that a few impressions of the Parterre are trickling in... I might have to off the 334 to get in on the ground floor of those babies if they do indeed filter the lauded FitEar sig thru a concert hall like space. I am just a sucker for immersion I guess. 

Digi - Has the eagle landed yet? Last time I traced the package, it seems that they have left customs... That watch is indeed classy man. You'd classy up any joint just from having that thing around your wrist. You'd make a breakfast at Mickey D's feel like dinin' in Paris friendo 

May 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #11,584 of 21,761
I am worried about Currawong saying they have à small soundstage with bad separation...
So I'll just wait for the filtered, curated info of the 846 to trickle down into this thread by people I trust. While I might scoff at almost every expensive merchandise right now due to student-level funds, I still recognise that technological innovation and R&D, and getting to be first adopters, commands a high price. And our dear friend tomscy highlighted shigzeo's (I think) impressions on the 846 here: http://ohm-image.net/opinion/audiophile/2013/5/11/sound-impressions-shure-se846

May 11, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #11,585 of 21,761
Why eat at Mc Donalds un Paris!!?
So I'll just wait for the filtered, curated info of the 846 to trickle down into this thread by people I trust. While I might scoff at almost every expensive merchandise right now due to student-level funds, I still recognise that technological innovation and R&D, and getting to be first adopters, commands a high price. And our dear friend tomscy highlighted shigzeo's (I think) impressions on the 846 here: http://ohm-image.net/opinion/audiophile/2013/5/11/sound-impressions-shure-se846
Congrats ID, hope you love them ! Though not.perfectly fittu
Welp. I finally speared the white whale. 

One year after I posted this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/597146/fitear-to-go-334-suyamas-custom-iem-made-universal/195#post_8332236

I finally went ahead and scored a pair of 334. Got damn. After all of the seemingly immutable praise that's been heaped on these things, they'd better be the second coming of audio Jesus. Although... now that a few impressions of the Parterre are trickling in... I might have to off the 334 to get in on the ground floor of those babies if they do indeed filter the lauded FitEar sig thru a concert hall like space. I am just a sucker for immersion I guess. 

Digi - Has the eagle landed yet? Last time I traced the package, it seems that they have left customs... That watch is indeed classy man. You'd classy up any joint just from having that thing around your wrist. You'd make a breakfast at Mickey D's feel like dinin' in Paris friendo 

May 11, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #11,586 of 21,761
Quote:
lol I think he's saying he has the ingredients to make ramen :wink:. Seriously thinking about this I need to get my ass to the store and buy some ingredients. I'm also gonna make banana bread before the bananas go bad. I have a tendency of buying stuff and not eating it fast enough :p. I tried forcing myself to eat oatmeal everyday buts its hard lol.

I'm fixin' to go Bananas just over the idea of your fresh baked Banana bread!

Pictured above is Sylvia St.James (Vocalist).

May 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #11,588 of 21,761
Quote:
I'm worried about the "JH16-levels of bass" comments. 

Dry rain is the worst. Definitely not a movie worth watching.

How in gods name did you manage to see it? Filler at some filmfest arcanus?

May 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #11,590 of 21,761
Quote:
I'm not sure whether or not I'd be able to link it. Probably not. coughimeo-vaycough
Didn't really like it although others seemed to have liked it a lot.

Not a particular fan of the short film genre. About 1 in a thousand get it right and it's not really worth sorting through the other 999.

Of course the legendary Bambi vs. Godzilla is the exception .

May 11, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #11,591 of 21,761
Quote:

I've spent too much time listening to Paramore - god knows why. They were blaring the new song or smt over the intercom where I had been stuck the whole day. Immediately went back home and loaded it up on YT (Hayley's new hair looks nice).

Ugh, it's a guilty pleasure but I'm feeling extra guilty about it. Someone talk some sense into me.

I'm gonna skip a few pages to address this.

Me too, their new album is actually very very good, except for a couple songs. I really like Hayley's maturing in her lyrics, but not in a scummy way. I'm officially a Paramore fan after this latest album.

May 11, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #11,592 of 21,761
CIEMs make so much more sense to me. At least in theory. In actuality they can be a PitA to get right. Nevertheless I'm starting to really prefer them. Was listening to the JH16Pro in a noisy lobby. It was the best sound I'd heard outside of my listening space at home; it was a sound-world unto itself, and it was mine.

Universals aren't necessarily inferior sound-wise, but for me a lot of them are getting hard to tolerate because of the pressure that develops from insertion. Even stuff like the SM64 and 1Plus2 which have some of the least pressure of any universal I've used still kind of bug me in this respect. Poor-fitting CIEMs are even worse, though.

They're also really dangerous territory for someone like me. Unlike full-sized headphones, buying a CIEM for me is almost like investing in a manufacturer. When I submit a set of impressions I'm compelled to take that opportunity to explore their lineup, so there's this temptation to get more than one model (especially when I can use the same set of impressions for multiple pairs). Also it's much more common in my experience to find a lineup of CIEMs that is less a case of "okay, better, best" as in full-sized headphones where you find approximate compromises to a specific flagship as you work your way up their product ladder. The differences between headphone models are often much wider, whereas in CIEMs you get more of a graduating spectrum.

Be they in a custom or universal shell, that just seems to be the nature of working with IEM drivers. Like I said in a previous post, it seems as though the IEM world has a lot more in the way of subtle tonal flavors. If you have the patience and resources (or just good luck), there's far more potential for finding the exact tonal balance you're looking for. On the other hand people who harp about stuff sounding "natural" may be better off with speakers. In some respects there really is something to the assertion that even a modest speaker setup beats the pants off of a super-expensive headphone rig, at least in terms of tonal balance and that elusive sense of "naturalness." I really do think that in some ways IEMs are closer to speakers than headphones tho.

May 11, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #11,594 of 21,761
Quote:

I'm fixin' to go Bananas just over the idea of your fresh baked Banana bread!

Pictured above is Sylvia St.James (Vocalist).

I make mine a little different though. I try to stay away from white sugar. I use brown sugar instead (not a lot better but it has nutrients at least lol). I'm new to baking but the family loved it :wink:.

May 11, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #11,595 of 21,761
Quote:
Are any of you Ramen lovers? OMG I just love this Ace brand Ramen "Super Big Ramen". It's rather expensive but just so ono :). I'm gonna have to stock up on it the next time I go to costcos. I tried finding it for cheaper but no luck.

It's been over 20 years since I have eaten Ramen, and I never will again.

Quote:

Yup and nope.  Other than that Royale w/Cheese thing, it was all the same.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back