The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
May 11, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #11,566 of 21,761
Quote:
Quote:

I like Murakami! I like unsettling dream logic.

You're alright friendo. I still haven't gotten around to reading 1Q84. Had it preordered on Amazon and delivered day one. Now? It's kinda just sitting there. Funny cause I can remember just salivating at the thought of this huge tome makin' its way overseas to my grubby hands. All I can remember about it is some dude is hired to be a ghost writer or something, and there's an assassin who leaves the confines of this plush cab with an audiophile grade setup so she can climb over a guardrail in the midst of leering traffic, while Michael Jackson pulses in the background. I'll bet she had sexy ears or a lickable mole or some crazy **** that Murakami will fawn over for 50 pages. 

I completely forgot about this offering. On my way to order this book, I started perusing online audio stores and then 
blink.gif
... completely forgot about it. The magnetic gravitational pull from audio shopping is 
evil_smiley.gif
serious.

May 11, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #11,567 of 21,761
Oh boy, getting into sgt here. It's nothing but asian post-rock for me other here as of late. I'd be surprised if you grabbed something out I didn't already have my hands on before - in fact I would highly welcome it in a sense, cause I've been filling out my collection at a mind-boggling rate. And people say gear interferes with getting into music - pshaw.

Though, this is actually a problem if looked at from a different POV - the library's getting to be overwhelmingly large like once upon a time ago. Calls back the time when I had an excess of 100,000-200,000 songs in a playlist archive and I had to trim it down at an indiscriminatory rate. Finally got the entire library down to a savoury 20,000 and ~50,000 give or take archived. But lately the active playlist's been growing towards the upper ten-thousands again. Not feeling up for another purge but I simply don't have the space nor the mental processing available to sort through all of that. Hypocritical me preaching minimalism and yet it comes to this...

Hit me up for post-rock, I will blow your mind open with a blunt hammer from the inside out. Metaphorically of course.

Interesting. I've heard whispers that there's more to Korea's scene than those cloned girl groups. But all I ever found back in the day was Jaurim. I think some of the dudes on Keikaku shared some underground Korean punk groups way back, but I never looked into it. You ever listen to SGT.?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aaeo5-1hCNA

It is ridiculously diverse. The indie scene is boggling, though less take note since with Japan, the experimental scene is almost popularized to an extent, cause of the international acclaim. But deep in the bowels of SK some of the most destructively delicious stuff is being brewed. Really some good stuff. Sometimes it gets so obscure and releases come out so fast you can barely keep up.

May 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #11,568 of 21,761
Quote:
Quote:
Telling, very telling.  Achmed came in and gave us the lowdown on just how much hot treble air JKI has. 
wink.gif

They really aren't that bad. Immense clarity. It's just a bit splashy, comes with the presentation.

Okay, but not Staxy right?

Quote:
Quote:
AND I DIDN'T START IT THIS TIME ROMY! 
redface.gif
  Please don't hurt me.

*Everyone hurts Lee because I obviously didn't start it either*

S'okay, she likes Lee, nothing will happen there... well except for that one time when, ah nevermind. 
smile.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Yup and nope.  Other than that Royale w/Cheese thing, it was all the same.  Well, got jacked with the price but I take it that's just part of Parisian life because we got jacked prices almost everywhere.

AND I DIDN'T START IT THIS TIME ROMY! 
redface.gif
  Please don't hurt me.

Man, I always thought that Royale w/cheese - Pulp Fiction thing was some urban legend lol. And you didn't start it, but you're in danger of starting it back up 

Nope, very real, and amusing after having seen Pulp Fiction before going there.  Lesser crime, smaller penalty [box].  I can live with that.

May 11, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #11,570 of 21,761
Quote:
I completely forgot about this offering. On my way to order this book, I started perusing online audio stores and then 
blink.gif
... completely forgot about it. The magnetic gravitational pull from audio shopping is 
evil_smiley.gif
serious.

Reminds me of how I was going off to get lunch in between the Vancouver meet last Sunday, but then came across 2 record shops. 
That was a fun half-hour of pure distraction.

Quote:
S'okay, she likes Lee, nothing will happen there. 
smile.gif

I'm going to generalize and pull out some of the attributes people generally...um, attribute to stats - ethereally light and clean mids, air. Sure the 40s do that. A lot of IEMs replicate similar presentations and signatures traits. Do they do anywhere near the justice that a Lambda can pull off? Heck no.

May 11, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #11,571 of 21,761
Quote:
Quote:
Nope, very real, and amusing after having seen Pulp Fiction before going there.  Lesser crime, smaller penalty [box].  I can live with that.

Would love to hear more about your Parisian slice of life, cafe side...

Count on it!  Just lemme preface that by saying that there is a staggering number of false stereotypes about Europe... exceeded only by the number of true stereotypes about Europe.  This is why the movie Eurotrip - while lame as hell - is still a riot to watch.

Quote:

Quote:

I'm going to generalize and pull out some of the attributes people generally...um, attribute to stats - ethereally light and clean mids, air. Sure the 40s do that. A lot of IEMs replicate similar presentations and signatures traits. Do they do anywhere near the justice that a Lambda can pull off? Heck no.

Yeah, I mean there was a 99.99999998% of that being just wrong, but a 0.00000002% chance of a $20 Stax?  You don't dismiss that, you just don't.

May 11, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #11,572 of 21,761
Quote:

Count on it!  Just lemme preface that by saying that there is a staggering number of false stereotypes about Europe... exceeded only by the number of true stereotypes about Europe.  This is why the movie Eurotrip - while lame as hell - is still a riot to watch.

Can't say I remember that title. But I could use a bit of entertainment tonight - will "Red Box" it or seek the download in my hotel room. Especially, if there's gonna be some scenes in and around "The Iron Lady."

May 11, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #11,573 of 21,761
Oh man, I just read a good 3 or 4 pages telling me everything I ever wanted to know about Ramen.

I've never had Ramen

Excuse me while I go have some homemade soup. My stuff has everything in it short of the kitchen sink

May 11, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #11,574 of 21,761
tongue_smile.gif
Gumbo? I've had both Ramen and Gumbo. Both have their place. Admittedly, rarely the former and always the latter. Still... between the two, the latter (Gumbo) is like a "Walk off homer!" 
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #11,575 of 21,761
Quote:
Excuse me while I go have some homemade soup. My stuff has everything in it short of the kitchen sink

Thereby skimping out on some well-needed zinc and iron. 
It ain't soup until it crunches your teeth and perforates your esophagus.

There's no T&T in Mani unfortunately, so you probably won't be able to find insta-made stock and noodles easily available anyways.

May 11, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #11,576 of 21,761
Quote:
Twas inception.

This is exactly what I feel like in this thread.

Ramen is awesome.
Murakami is awesome (read almost every book before the latest two).
What is a paramore?
The best thing is when there is just a talking part of a song and your setup images and stages well enough that you look over in the direction of the voice.

edit: Gumbo is awesome.

May 11, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #11,577 of 21,761
Quote:
Hit me up for post-rock, I will blow your mind open with a blunt hammer from the inside out. Metaphorically of course.

Whoa, what is this, the silk road? Is this street code for crack rock finaglin'? I'llhityouuplaterhomedawg
Quote:
Oh man, I just read a good 3 or 4 pages telling me everything I ever wanted to know about Ramen.

I've never had Ramen

Heathenism. Nothin' but straight up heathens in this mug. Stop fussin' with that foot stew and get "experienced." You owe it to yourself man. 
Quote:
Thereby skimping out on some well-needed zinc and iron. 
It ain't soup until it crunches your teeth and perforates your esophagus.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD CHARLES. I was gonna crack that lame joke :l 

May 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #11,578 of 21,761
Quote:
Whoa, what is this, the silk road? Is this street code for crack rock finaglin'? I'llhityouuplaterhomedawg
Heathenism. Nothin' but straight up heathens in this mug. Stop fussin' with that foot stew and get "experienced." You owe it to yourself man. 

lol I think he's saying he has the ingredients to make ramen :wink:. Seriously thinking about this I need to get my ass to the store and buy some ingredients. I'm also gonna make banana bread before the bananas go bad. I have a tendency of buying stuff and not eating it fast enough :p. I tried forcing myself to eat oatmeal everyday buts its hard lol.

May 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #11,579 of 21,761
Quote:

It can't be street code if you keep on blurting out the fact that it's street code 
mad.gif
mad.gif

I told ya first things first. Heathens. All of them. 
I told ya, we're just too...N'sync.

Quote:
lol I think he's saying he has the ingredients to make ramen :wink:. Seriously thinking about this I need to get my ass to the store and buy some ingredients. I'm also gonna make banana bread before the bananas go bad. I have a tendency of buying stuff and not eating it fast enough :p. I tried forcing myself to eat oatmeal everyday buts its hard lol.

A girl I knew took the oatmeal diet. I'm not exactly sure why she would need to do so in the first place - her midriff was retaining the blubber and no amount of non-exercise would fix that.

May 11, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #11,580 of 21,761
Quote:
It can't be street code if you keep on blurting out the fact that it's street code 
mad.gif
mad.gif

I told ya first things first. Heathens. All of them. 
I told ya, we're just too...N'sync.

A girl I knew took the oatmeal diet. I'm not exactly sure why she would need to do so in the first place - her midriff was retaining the blubber and no amount of non-exercise would fix that.

Well I don't have blubber but I think its just better to ear right. You can actually lose weight without doing excessive exercise TwinQy. Just stop eating Twinkies :wink:...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back