The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
May 11, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #11,491 of 21,761
Alright cool. Seems like it won't be long then 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 11, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #11,492 of 21,761
Quote:
Do they have Ronald McDonald over there? Does his French counterpart look like a mime?

Do they have the French equivalent of Ran Ran Ruu over there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI5YFVagu8M

These are important questions

Somehow the thought of dining in a Parisian McDonald's doesn't seem like a very pleasant experience to me anymore.

May 11, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #11,493 of 21,761
Quote:
Since IEMs and Stax get mentioned here a bit, I thought I'd ask you guys about something curious.  So there's this guy named JK1 who seems to think that

(a JVC HA-FX40) reminds him of

in terms of sound (as he states here).  I'm taking this with a pretty big saltlick right now, but there's always that quiet hope deep inside me that maybe?  Just maybe?

Any thoughts?

They have a lot of treble air. Otherwise no comment.

Quote:
A 160,000 watt class A amplifier. Finally the HE-6 can be driven properly with enough headroom.

Best part is the iDevice compatibility.

Hooray!

Quote:
they'd better be the second coming of audio Jesus.

I'm 78.9% sure that the M50s took that spot already.

May 11, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #11,494 of 21,761
Quote:
Welp. I finally speared the white whale. 

One year after I posted this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/597146/fitear-to-go-334-suyamas-custom-iem-made-universal/195#post_8332236

I finally went ahead and scored a pair of 334. Got damn. After all of the seemingly immutable praise that's been heaped on these things, they'd better be the second coming of audio Jesus. Although... now that a few impressions of the Parterre are trickling in... I might have to off the 334 to get in on the ground floor of those babies if they do indeed filter the lauded FitEar sig thru a concert hall like space. I am just a sucker for immersion I guess. 

Digi - Has the eagle landed yet? Last time I traced the package, it seems that they have left customs... That watch is indeed classy man. You'd classy up any joint just from having that thing around your wrist. You'd make a breakfast at Mickey D's feel like dinin' in Paris friendo 

Nice! The 334 has a very intimate/forward presentation. So in that is is very immersive. But space wise (sound-staging) can't really say that.

May 11, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #11,495 of 21,761
Quote:
I'm 78.9% sure that the M50s took that spot already.

Lulz When you have learned to separate the altruist from the troll, it will be time for you to leave 
Quote:
Nice! The 334 has a very intimate/forward presentation. So in that is is very immersive. But space wise (sound-staging) can't really say that.

Yeah... only thing I'm kinda hesitant about. Which is why I've got my eyes locked on that Parterre thread. I'm just wondering whether the Parterre's stage is gonna sound wonky or artificial 

May 11, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #11,496 of 21,761
Quote:
Lulz When you have learned to separate the altruist from the troll, it will be time for you to leave 
Yeah... only thing I'm kinda hesitant about. Which is why I've got my eyes locked on that Parterre thread. I'm just wondering whether the Parterre's stage is gonna sound wonky or artificial 

It just really depends on what you're after. For example my 8As present music in a very different way. I mean so much so that I wonder if I'm listening to the same tracks lol. But I still enjoy it. So at the ends of the day it's nice to have different sound signatures. The key is though is it enough at $1,300 :).

Anyways I look forward to your impressions on the 334s. Particularly on the bass. Keep me posted :).

Are any of you Ramen lovers? OMG I just love this Ace brand Ramen "Super Big Ramen". It's rather expensive but just so ono :). I'm gonna have to stock up on it the next time I go to costcos. I tried finding it for cheaper but no luck.

May 11, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #11,498 of 21,761
Quote:

The 334's soundstage is really strange (to me at least). It's huge, but it's not that big at the same time.

I've heard iems give really out of the head presentations, but the 334's soundstage was huge without ever really going out of head. It put a tremendous amount of space between instruments.

It's almost as if it shrunk my consciousness to make my head space bigger, or just straight up expanded the room inside my head.

I probably sound like an idiot...

May 11, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #11,499 of 21,761
Quote:

The 334's soundstage is really strange (to me at least). It's huge, but it's not that big at the same time.

I've heard iems give really out of the head presentations, but the 334's soundstage was huge without ever really going out of head. It put a tremendous amount of space between instruments.

It's almost as if it shrunk my consciousness to make my head space bigger, or just straight up expanded the room inside my head.

It has great depth to the sound and inner sound staging. Kinda like on the Flat 4 Sui. I'm guessing its head-staging opposed to actual sound staging. In terms of realism I don't agree at all. But its a very pleasurable sound nonetheless. What I mean by this is I can't imagine myself relative to the actual presentation itself. I heard that the 335 and SE5 on the other hand while intimate do offer and out of head sound staging. Which really has me interested in them. I plan on getting them in the future when funds allow :).

May 11, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #11,500 of 21,761
Quote:

Sounds like the IEM version of the Tardis.

May 11, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #11,501 of 21,761
Quote:
Anyways I look forward to your impressions on the 334s. Particularly on the bass. Keep me posted :).

Are any of you Ramen lovers? OMG I just love this Ace brand Ramen "Super Big Ramen". It's rather expensive but just so ono :). I'm gonna have to stock up on it the next time I go to costcos. I tried finding it for cheaper but no luck.

Gonna be awhile as my phones are coming from Deutschland I think. Same guy sold Romy a set of L3000's so he can't be too bad lol. And man, dehydrated/reconstituted ramen is one of my guilty pleasures! I miss livin' next to a Marukai, that place always had the coolest ****. I don't have a Costco card, but I'll try lookin' at Sams or Seafood City next time I'm there
Quote:
Well I happen to disagree. The TG334 has one of the most realistic sense of space I've heard.

I'm hoping that I come to the same conclusion... or... maybe not. I'm not sure. I'm still kind of reeling over these back to back expenses that I've racked up in a short span of time :l 
Quote:

Sounds like a less eloquent way of describing Romy's mental origami phenomena. I do experience that same sensation with the Flat-4 but I also do get a genuine "out of head" sensation on certain tracks as well; I can certainly understand where the both of you are coming from where inner depth is concerned. The F-4 is sort of cavernous in that respect on some dense recordings, like you're spelunking into the track itself. If the 334 pulls off a similar parlor trick, then I'll be one happy camper

May 11, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #11,502 of 21,761
Quote:

Did you just edit that in? :p I could have sworn that pic wasn't there before because otherwise I'd pounce on anything ramen within a 100Gbit radius.

Looks like some legit shoyu. Not a big spender so I just usually grab Shin Ramyun whenever they have sales for the 20-pack at Costco.

May 11, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #11,504 of 21,761
Quote:
And man, dehydrated/reconstituted ramen is one of my guilty pleasures!

I used to love ramen...until I startd looking at the nutritional contents on the back....at least 70% DV sodium?! 

No thanks.

Quote:
Sounds like the IEM version of the Tardis.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Time Lords had a hand in the matter.

May 11, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #11,505 of 21,761
Quote:
Gonna be awhile as my phones are coming from Deutschland I think. Same guy sold Romy a set of L3000's so he can't be too bad lol. And man, dehydrated/reconstituted ramen is one of my guilty pleasures! I miss livin' next to a Marukai, that place always had the coolest ****. I don't have a Costco card, but I'll try lookin' at Sams or Seafood City next time I'm there
I'm hoping that I come to the same conclusion... or... maybe not. I'm not sure. I'm still kind of reeling over these back to back expenses that I've racked up in a short span of time :l 
Sounds like a less eloquent way of describing Romy's mental origami phenomena. I do experience that same sensation with the Flat-4 but I also do get a genuine "out of head" sensation on certain tracks as well; I can certainly understand where the both of you are coming from where inner depth is concerned. The F-4 is sort of cavernous in that respect on some dense recordings, like you're spelunking into the track itself. If the 334 pulls off a similar parlor trick, then I'll be one happy camper

I agree with you on the inner-depth. It is massive. Yet at the same time I do feel it to be extending out of my head. But the key here is I can't place myself relative to it. It's like you're floating in a stadium with the ambiance surrounding you lol. If you like the Flat 4 I won't be surprised if you enjoy the 334. Not as aggressive though as the Flat 4 yet at the same time (in a sense) they are lol. Because how forward they are. Bass was the showcase for me due to it sticking out so much (slow decay).

Quote:
Did you just edit that in? :p I could have sworn that pic wasn't there before because otherwise I'd pounce on anything ramen within a 100Gbit radius.

Looks like some legit shoyu. Not a big spender so I just usually grab Shin Ramyun whenever they have sales for the 20-pack at Costco.

Yes I did on a whim lol. I was eating it at the time and was like I gotta share this lol. Its expensive though like $2.00 a cup at costco. But you have to buy the case so its $24.00. Still since that is cheaper than anywhere else I've found I'll be buying 2 cases the next time I go. I simply chopped up some spam, heated up water in that screamer pot (not sure what you call it lol) and walla :).

Quote:
I love those super bowls

I just wish they were cheaper. At $1.00 a pop I think it would be very much worth it! They should just market them in regular packages and sell them for a 1.00 each lol. No need for the lazy cup.

Speaking of Ramen I ended up looking for a recipe on how to make your own Ramen and it looks pretty neat. From the comments I've read many seem to like the recipe. I'm gonna make it for dinner one of these days. :)

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-REAL-Japanese-ramen-from-scratch/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back