The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Apr 1, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #9,481 of 21,761
Coleslaw is just gross. ;P

Jokes asides, I am glad Twinky is OK after the ordeal. And I have to agree with Lee that coleslaw is disgusting.

I don't believe in absolutes when it comes to matters of taste, but you're wrong. I thought like you did about cole slaw for a long time, until I moved to a part of the country where they don't mess around with their cole slaw.

Apr 1, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #9,482 of 21,761
Quote:

I like the HPA-V100 with the 4.A. IEMs are the main reasons why I keep it; I prefer my receivers for powering headphones.

The only tube amp I've tried with IEMs is the TU-882, and that didn't sound good. It's too noisy for IEMs, even if it's reasonably quiet with full-sized cans.

Thanks foe the feedback !

Apr 1, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #9,483 of 21,761
Hey guys, quick question for ya.  Have any of y'all heard the Shure SRH-550?  I'm reading some highly improbable statements right now about how they are the most transparent cans on the planet, and how they kick the crap out of the HD 800 and TH900 in nearly every way.  I'm not beyond attributing this to mental illness and just moving on, but is there any chance at all that the SRH-550 is reasonably decent?

Apr 1, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #9,484 of 21,761
Hey guys, quick question for ya.  Have any of y'all heard the Shure SRH-550?  I'm reading some highly improbable statements right now about how they are the most transparent cans on the planet, and how they kick the crap out of the HD 800 and TH900 in nearly every way.  I'm not beyond attributing this to mental illness and just moving on, but is there any chance at all that the SRH-550 is reasonably decent?

If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

Apr 1, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #9,485 of 21,761
Apr 1, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #9,486 of 21,761
Quote:
I went through a pretty hard core technopop phase in my misguided youth.  I don't just mean Depeche Mode, New Order, Pet Shop Boys, OMD, etc.  I mean I got into some of the truly God awful stuff.

So, I'm going back and reliving some of that now... and so far I've tracked down When In Rome, Camouflage, Kon Kan, Cause & Effect, Electronic, The Other Two, Information Society, and of course Anything Box.

What am I forgetting?

Common sense comes to mind.......

TwinQuy, you forgot the pineapple.

A workmate years ago told me to have some vinegar with every meal and you will never get food poisoning.

Dunno if it's true , but I have never had food poisoning when I've had vinegar during the meal as in a salad dressing..   Coincidence..??

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #9,487 of 21,761
Quote:
Quote:
I went through a pretty hard core technopop phase in my misguided youth.  I don't just mean Depeche Mode, New Order, Pet Shop Boys, OMD, etc.  I mean I got into some of the truly God awful stuff.

So, I'm going back and reliving some of that now... and so far I've tracked down When In Rome, Camouflage, Kon Kan, Cause & Effect, Electronic, The Other Two, Information Society, and of course Anything Box.

What am I forgetting?

Common Sense comes to mind.......

They're more like Reggae.

Quote:

A workmate years ago told me to have some vinegar with every meal and you will never get food poisoning.

Dunno if it's true , but I have never had food poisoning when I've had vinegar during the meal as in a salad dressing..   Coincidence..??

I suppose that - being an acid - vinegar would probably have some antibacterial properties.  But I'd also be inclined to think that it would irritate TwinQY's stomach as well?  Double-edged sword and all that jazz.

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #9,488 of 21,761
That's just plain unhygienic. What if they do do it the other way sometimes and alternate depending on the patient....
Well then, just ruined my weekend even more, and I didn't think that was possible.

I hate twinkies as well. Diabetes tubes of sugary sweetness.

Hahahaha. I guess I do have that habit

Well guys I've come to a final decision as far as the Heir Audio 4A's are concerned. They're definitely staying and are easily the best sounding gear I currently own. My fit issues have all disappeared and today I was walking around in the cold for a good hour without having to tap on them even once to refit them for a better seal. I'm currently wearing them and it's been a good 2 hours and counting and I haven't felt any discomfort or seal issues. I don't know, I guess I've become better at inserting them and getting a good seal. I especially like the 4A's when driven with my CLAS-db/ALO RX MKIII-B setup. I do get a little hiss on the 4A's with this setup but it's not noticeable when the music starts to play. For anyone interested I emailed ALO concerning my MKIII amp not having any knobs and they sent out a new replacement amp and I should have it in another 2 or 3 days. I'm going to have to send the defective MKIII amp back to them and ALO has agreed to reimburse me the shipping cost. I'm worried customs might hit me all over again with duties so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm sure if they do I can get my money back but I would much rather avoid the hassle altogether. ALO originally wanted to send me a return shipping label through FedEx but I asked the amp be sent out USPS instead due to FedEx's overly greedy customs clearance practices. The end result is ALO couldn't send me a return shipping label so I'll have to ship it myself and wait for ALO to reimburse me. In any case I'm currently very happy with my experience as far as customs are concerned and it looks like I've finally made the step to the next level as far as mobile hi fi is concerned. That's pretty bad news for my wallet.

The 4.Ai's sounded quite good. I can just imagine 4A's :)
Enjoy

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #9,490 of 21,761
Audez'e has announced a new product:

The rather unfortunately named LCD-Zer0. Yes, the "o" is supposed to be a zero. How 1337.

http://audeze.com/BLOG

Silly name aside, this is a very interesting product because it's an orthodynamic IEM. Yup... an IEM! You may recall VSONIC had plans to release a similar such beast, but apparently those never materialized or are on some perpetual back burner somewhere.

Wood is said to be maple, and the metal accents are brass. Not sure how I feel about the design. Seems a little underwhelming! Still, it's cool to see another wood IEM to go head-to-head with Ocharaku's upcoming entry-level model.

Price will be around 500 USD.

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #9,493 of 21,761
Quote:
Hello guys, it's been a while. I was out in Japan for one month, and couldn't listen to any music through a hi-fi system during that time. Yesterday I finally got back home, plugged my Fostex TH900 into my Zana Deux SE, and WOW!! Music had never sounded so good, I've never felt such eargasm since my one-time experience with the Orpheus system. Figuratively speaking, I was audio-hungry for one month, and you know what they say: hunger is the best sauce. I can listen for hours without being fatigued, I'm so glad to be back!

Just wanted to share one of my happiest experiences as a Head-Fi'er. 
darthsmile.gif

I like how our systems have some overlap, but aren't quite the same (I have the BA instead of the ZD, but we both have the TH900's, an EC amp, and a Stello U3).  How are you liking the Stello?  I was actually surprised by how much of a difference mine made.

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #9,494 of 21,761
Quote:
Hey guys, as y'all can probably tell by my avatar, it's time for April's theme.  But before March becomes fabled legend, I just wanted to thank Mupps for being a good sport about it. 
smile.gif
  Hope you had as much fun as we did, thanks Romy! 
wink.gif
  And can I just say that I am so glad there isn't a month that start with the letter W. 
biggrin.gif

:)

Quote:

I just can't stand the cheapo SyFy/BBC special effects or visuals for too long... and the writing still sucks (in my opinion)!

Game of Thrones == Holy Sh,... everytime... great cinematography, direction, acting, effects, music, etc. etc.

Just watched The Walking Dead season finale! Another great episode! I need AMC in HD!!!!

Disagree strongly regarding the writing in Doctor Who.  What it is is variable.  It runs the full range of sci fi writing, from epic to cheesy to humourous to clever.  It's absolutely, unquestionably hit and miss.  That said, the guy in charge also does Sherlock, and so it tends to be far more clever than most.

As for DF's question, about comparing with the original, I'm not sure.  I didn't watch a lot of the old DW, and it was a long time ago.  I think at its best it's comparable.

Quote:
I don't just mean Depeche Mode, New Order, Pet Shop Boys, OMD, etc.

I thought for a moment you were going to diss Bizarre Love Triangle, and out brief friendship would end.

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #9,495 of 21,761
Quote:
Audez'e has announced a new product:

The rather unfortunately named LCD-Zer0. Yes, the "o" is supposed to be a zero. How 1337.

http://audeze.com/BLOG

Silly name aside, this is a very interesting product because it's an orthodynamic IEM. Yup... an IEM! You may recall VSONIC had plans to release a similar such beast, but apparently those never materialized or are on some perpetual back burner somewhere.

Wood is said to be maple, and the metal accents are brass. Not sure how I feel about the design. Seems a little underwhelming! Still, it's cool to see another wood IEM to go head-to-head with Ocharaku's upcoming entry-level model.

Price will be around 500 USD.

This will pair perfectly with Google Nosebeta!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back