The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Mar 23, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #8,807 of 21,761
Quote:
Quote:

BTW, I'm looking at JDS's page on the C5.  Does anyone know why it comes with a USB cable?

it's a bomb. you can program it to blow up. Revolutionary C4=c5

I see.  I missed the memo on that one.

Quote:
Warren, I've got it pre-ordered. Always loved the Bioshock and System Shock games, great storytelling and memorable villains. I can't wait to see what the twist is in Infinite's story.

Hmm, I guess this is one game I should actually play at launch then.  Otherwise, I won't know what the heck you guys are talking about for a while. 
smile.gif

Quote:
Quote:

BTW, met Jessica Nigri at E3 last year where she was doing her Lollipop Chainsaw thing.  I gotta say, very impressive.  One of the - if not the - most accurate cosplay portrayals I have ever seen

I really want to do that cosplay one day.

Quote:
Hey y'all, who's gonna be playing this?

Oddly I got to about 90% of Bioshock and then never finished it. (I got to the 'twist'). Not that I didn't enjoy it but... I guess I didn't enjoy it in some way? I dunno.

Haha, you totally should, that would be epic!  You might need a bit more cleavage to pull it off though... and the hair has got to be blonder than blond.

I loved Bioshock.  Believe it or not, I had the hardest time deciding whether to save little sisters or not.  I actually stopped playing for a couple of days to debate it.  In the end, I decided to save them as doing otherwise would just not be me.  I saved every single one!  Yay!

Quote:
Waiting on my preorder of Infinite to arrive. Ordered the premium edition. It's my most anticipated game of the year, so I'm looking forward to digging in

Okay, a lot of us then!  Time to dust off my Xbox!

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #8,809 of 21,761
Quote:
Quote:

BTW, I'm looking at JDS's page on the C5Does anyone know why it comes with a USB cable?

Originally Posted by Silent One /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For charging via computer...

Originally Posted by billybob_jcv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Isn't the USB for charging? You will note that it does not say it comes with a wall charger, so they must be assuming you will charge it off you PC, or from your own USB power cube.

Originally Posted by Achmedisdead /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Edit.....it seems a couple of others answered this before I posted. Silly me for not reading to the end first! 

Hey, you know what's SUPER FUNNY?  I momentarily forgot that amplifiers need power.  Going to slink away in shame now...
frown.gif

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #8,810 of 21,761
Quote:
a_rec

I don't know your real name, but it's probably also ba. 

a_rec is totally badass in the same way that everything in evangelion is badass!!!!!
Quote:
Haha, you totally should, that would be epic!  You might need a bit more cleavage to pull it off though... and the hair has got to be blonder than blond.

I loved Bioshock.  Believe it or not, I had the hardest time deciding whether to save little sisters or not.  I actually stopped playing for a couple of days to debate it.  In the end, I decided to save them as doing otherwise would just not be me.  I saved every single one!  Yay!

I can make the cleavage happen. The hair is harder. I think the hardest part will be the body though. XD

You should watch this. It's a very inspiring lecture but is quite dry in places. I loved it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0kup_anLeU

BioShock: there’s a ‘Little Sister problem’ in altruism versus balance. Blow noted that there’s only a marginal difference in the rewards you receive, no matter whether you choose to rescue or kill the Little Sisters. The game mechanics are telling you that it doesn’t matter which way you choose. So effectively, the game says that the Little Sister doesn’t matter, while the plot says that it does matter.” He suggested that “…this is disingenuous [and] robs the game of its emotional impact and potential.”

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #8,811 of 21,761
Quote:

Hey, you know what's SUPER FUNNY?  I momentarily forgot that amplifiers need power.  Going to slink away in shame now...
frown.gif

No need for that.....better to ask the question now than to just not know at all and perhaps make an incorrect assumption in the future. Knowledge is power, forewarned is forearmed, etc.
smile.gif

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #8,812 of 21,761
Quote:

a_rec is totally badass in the same way that everything in evangelion is badass!!!!!

I can make the cleavage happen. The hair is harder. I think the hardest part will be the body though. XD

You should watch this. It's a very inspiring lecture but is quite dry in places. I loved it.

YES.

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #8,813 of 21,761
Quote:

a_rec

I don't know your real name, but it's probably also ba. 

See... I was gonna tell you with the purpose of deflating that expectation... except that it kinda is bad ass.

Quote:

Oh man, for once, I want to try an FPS on a console/computer for online playing. Seems really fun. But I'm stuck w/ a wii and iphone. Computer can't Handel any games 
wink.gif

It's fun, and not just for the superior graphics.  The Wii is very special in it's own way, but I'm not sure it belongs on a Liszt of serious modern consoles.

Quote:
Quote:

BioShock: there’s a ‘Little Sister problem’ in altruism versus balance. Blow noted that there’s only a marginal difference in the rewards you receive, no matter whether you choose to rescue or kill the Little Sisters. The game mechanics are telling you that it doesn’t matter which way you choose. So effectively, the game says that the Little Sister doesn’t matter, while the plot says that it does matter.” He suggested that “…this is disingenuous [and] robs the game of its emotional impact and potential.”

Why would the body be tough?  You seem to have a fairly slender build so I doubt that will be the major stumbling block.  Let me just reiterate that the hair needs to be REALLY blond.  I think that (and the outfit) was what really sold her performance.  Oh wait, nevermind, I see what you mean about the body.  Just need a longer skirt is all.

Ah, but you see, we don't know that the rewards are roughly equivalent the first time we play through it.  And besides, they can't make it any other way.  To do so would have been to imply that morality (or alternatively a lack of it) is more advantageous in a certain way.

Holy... that is a LONNNGG video there.  I was wondering how much longer it was gonna run when I saw the playing time.  It seems interesting though, I just wish he would read out loud a little (lot) faster.

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #8,814 of 21,761
Quote:
frown.gif

Perhaps one day boutique audio companies will go on a totally different angle and tout power-efficient mobile amps that run on used pineapple shavings and buckwheat. One day...

But for now that's not the case so I shall laugh at your silly mistake ahaha.

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #8,815 of 21,761
Quote:

See... I was gonna tell you with the purpose of deflating that expectation... except that it kinda is bad ass.

It's fun, and not just for the superior graphics.  The Wii is very special in it's own way, but I'm not sure it belongs on a Liszt of serious modern consoles.

Why would the body be tough?  You seem to have a fairly slender build so I doubt that will be the major stumbling block.  Let me just reiterate that the hair needs to be REALLY blond.  I think that (and the outfit) was what really sold her performance.  Oh wait, nevermind, I see what you mean about the body.  Just need a longer skirt is all.

Ah, but you see, we don't know that the rewards are roughly equivalent the first time we play through it.  And besides, they can't make it any other way.  To do so would have been to imply that morality (or alternatively a lack of it) is more advantageous in a certain way.

Holy... that is a LONNNGG video there.  I was wondering how much longer it was gonna run when I saw the playing time.  It seems interesting though, I just wish he would read out loud a little (lot) faster.

ye, fps on the iphone is pretty boring. Can't really imagine fps on the wii though it'd be awesome. PS4 and 720 are out soon, but you can't use used games and they aren't reverse compatable

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #8,816 of 21,761
Quote:

But the point is, that it would make sense if lack of morality is actually advantageous. That's what altruism is - it's sacrifice. If there is no sacrifice involved because there is no real difference in penalty for being good, then it isn't really doesn't present itself as a moral dilemma. That's exactly what Jonathan Blow is complaining about; that its a shallow morality.

It's a long video (Blow is the designer of Braid btw) but I think he takes it at a good pace because he lays some grounds for some fairly profound statements about game design. It really made me think about all kinds of things.

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #8,817 of 21,761
Quote:
Quote:
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Achmedisdead /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No need for that.....better to ask the question now than to just not know at all and perhaps make an incorrect assumption in the future. Knowledge is power, forewarned is forearmed, etc.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by TwinQY /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Perhaps one day boutique audio companies will go on a totally different angle and tout power-efficient mobile amps that run on used pineapple shavings and buckwheat. One day...

But for now that's not the case so I shall laugh at your silly mistake ahaha.

redface.gif

If they can make it run on buckwheat husks, I got a whole bunch of Sobakawa pillows to recycle.

Quote:
Quote:

YES.

Just a stab in the dark here... but you've got a total crush on a_rec right? 
smile.gif

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #8,819 of 21,761
Quote:
Yes meng. I completely do. 
wink.gif

but in all seriousness, he gives off an aura of awesomeness/coolness. 

I think mupps is way cooler. She uses colours and stuff in her posts.

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #8,820 of 21,761
Quote:
ye, fps on the iphone is pretty boring. Can't really imagine fps on the wii though it'd be awesome. PS4 and 720 are out soon, but you can't use used games and they aren't reverse compatable

Yeah, but the world is a changin'! 

Quote:
But the point is, that it would make sense if lack of morality is actually advantageous. That's what altruism is - it's sacrifice. If there is no sacrifice involved because there is no real difference in penalty for being good, then it isn't really doesn't present itself as a moral dilemma. That's exactly what Jonathan Blow is complaining about; that its a shallow morality.

It's a long video (Blow is the designer of Braid btw) but I think he takes it at a good pace because he lays some grounds for some fairly profound statements about game design. It really made me think about all kinds of things.

But why is it that being good must automatically mean there must be a material sacrifice?  I think that, in itself, is an overly simplistic assumption, and I'm having a bit of a time accepting that premise.  I've found that being kind to others generally doesn't cost that much, and yields returns (even materialistically) in the form of reciprocation.  However, because one is never assured of such, each opportunity to do so remains a minor test of character.  But generally-speaking, win-win situations are plentiful in life... so why not in games as well right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back