The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Mar 6, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #7,502 of 21,761
I'm supposed to be at work. Instead, I'm taking the afternoon off at a place called The Huntington Library & Gardens, watching koi swim by, and listening to a live gu zheng player. About to order some tea. Here is the view I'm looking at right now.

Sounds awesome. I go to the local Taoist temple (they call it a "holy house") to meditate and relax in their gardens when it's warmer, it's a wonderful place. :)

Mar 6, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #7,504 of 21,761
Quote:
I need to learn how to work out. I'm pretty scrawny. The only thing is I have no idea how. Whenever I go to the gym I realize I have no idea what I'm doing. so bad.

If you are thin and wish to get a bit bigger, what you are eating is as important. And I always thought finding a sport you like is much more efficient than going to the gym if you are not used to it. You will just give up at some point...

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #7,506 of 21,761
Quote:
That Sheena Easton... was not a reference to anything?

Yes just recently.

I think she meant that you got tricked by somebody's avatar, as Muppet didn't say anything about Sheena Easton. Go back a page, and you'll find that post, belonging to Vuroth. You got TMAC'd.

Edit: MF's new avatar is a creepy looking Tyll Hertsens with pink hair.

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #7,507 of 21,761
Latest tracking update on my Heir 4A's from the UPS tracking site.....

Chengdi, China 03/06/2013
11:47PM The Scheduled flight was canceled due to circumstances beyond UPS control

Sometimes I can't help but think I'm cursed because of all my bad luck

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #7,508 of 21,761
Quote:
Latest tracking update on my Heir 4A's from the UPS tracking site.....

Chengdi, China 03/06/2013
11:47PM The Scheduled flight was canceled due to circumstances beyond UPS control

Dang, that's really bad. Hope they try and rush it once it gets up in the air. I didn't think China was having bad weather right now? lol
At least it's not due to protests/riots like something I ordered a couple years ago from some Asian country.
Also, that anime looks pretty familiar, but I can't put my finger on where it's from... -_-

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #7,509 of 21,761
Quote:
Dang, that's really bad. Hope they try and rush it once it gets up in the air. I didn't think China was having bad weather right now? lol
At least it's not due to protests/riots like something I ordered a couple years ago from some Asian country.
Also, that anime looks pretty familiar, but I can't put my finger on where it's from... -_-

I'm just hoping the plane didn't catch fire or something like that. I got the picture off Google pictures awhile back. No idea what it is beyond that.

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #7,510 of 21,761
Quote:
I'm just hoping the plane didn't catch fire or something like that. I got the picture off Google pictures awhile back. No idea what it is beyond that.

Eh, I doubt it's anything that bad. Maybe the weather or something like that. Even if something like that happened, at least it should be fully insured.

*Personal rant here*
This is reason #463 why I'm probably going to get CIEMs from 1964ears. They are close enough that there shouldn't be any issues with shipping. And if there are, I can drive down there and pick them up myself.

Mar 7, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #7,511 of 21,761
Quote:

Put it this way DigitalFreak. The same thing happened to another headfier and he got off Scott-free from paying Customs Duties. Looks like UPS let it go since they delayed his IEMs (which is unacceptable considering the price paid for shipping). :)

Mar 7, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #7,512 of 21,761
Flat-4's are in da house. Think I'm gonna need some brain burn in, but man, dat sub bass is jumping out at me at the moment, kick drums sound like they have palpable weight to them. Bass in general sounds quite good, very articulate and capable. Comply's are doing a fine job of rapin my ears as well. Yikes. I think I'm also hearing these as possessing some great depth and width so far.

I close my eyes and they sound pretty immense, listening to Beach House right now and it manages the illusion of making me feel like I'm listening to something far larger as the image becomes diffuse. I can hear layers of Lapis Lazuli that I couldn't make out on the ES5.

Listening to The Dead Weather right now and the instruments sound so good. The music has never had this much texture to me. The Flat-4 is quite transparent too, there's quite the variance to how it presents different albums in terms of soundstaging and imaging. I was underwhelmed upon first listen until I realized that the ES5 was imposing its signature on every track making everything sound eminently listenable.

Mar 7, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #7,513 of 21,761
Yep the Flat 4s are heartless on ****ty recordings. Almost to the point where I have to really turn down the volume on certain tracks due to this. But on well recorded tracks, wow :). The complys don't work for me, the large is too small, seems like a medium sized tip lol....

Mar 7, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #7,514 of 21,761
I think they sound flippin amazing right now, but yeah, sub par production does no favors at all, it's something that the ES5 does very well for me, in that it makes everything sound real nice

Mar 7, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #7,515 of 21,761
Quote:
Quote:
Thus begins the story of how I became uncool in Mupps's ears.

I wasn't talking about you.

Oh.  Okay! 
smile.gif

Quote:
Flying Lotus' latest is indeed very good.

I'd actually never heard of him before this.

Multi-Quote:
Quote:
I'm supposed to be at work. Instead, I'm taking the afternoon off at a place called The Huntington Library & Gardens, watching koi swim by, and listening to a live gu zheng player. About to order some tea. Here is the view I'm looking at right now.

Originally Posted by jgray91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@warren dayum that place looks like the perfect place to read some warhammer 40k in one sitting.

Originally Posted by Achmedisdead /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sounds better than working!  I must confess to having had to Google "gu zheng".
smile.gif

That is a lovely view.... it looks perfect for enjoying a cup of Earl Grey and some soothing tunes.

Originally Posted by Silent One /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Great to see you pursue restoration. This contribution made my entire week...and it's only Wednesday!
beerchug.gif

Originally Posted by Magick Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sounds awesome. I go to the local Taoist temple (they call it a "holy house") to meditate and relax in their gardens when it's warmer, it's a wonderful place.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!  I didn't think I'd enjoy it (as it was kind of an obligation).  But I ended up de-stressing for a little while, which helped.  And once the sun came out, it became all awesome and stuff.

Here's where I was sitting when I snapped the pics above (and I ultimately went with Oolong BTW).

BTW Silent, they've got a waterside cafe there.  We should do up this joint when you get back.

And finally, here are two more views of the place showing:  (a) what all of that looks like from the other side; and (b) what the path to the Japanese Garden looks like as you leave the Chinese Garden.

Quote:

Even if that were true, you'd still lose.  I believe Mupps is the holder of the audio gear curse crown.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back