The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Dec 14, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #3,558 of 21,761
I just heard the news about the tragic events here in the US. Maybe it's also because of work-related stress or something, but I can't stop crying. Truly horrible.

My heart goes out to those families and their loved ones.

Edit: Apparently there were some posts about this here that got too off topic, so I'll leave it at that.

Dec 14, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #3,559 of 21,761
I thought I was too screwed up on homework supplements to get upset but I just saw a pic of one of those mothers holding their son and ;_;

(sorry in advance if this is somehow off topic)

-Tasteless Happy Edits...-

(******* phone)

anyways

^ those let me play ROMs in my systems

I should also have a Paradox arriving in a few days.

Dec 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #3,560 of 21,761

Yikes!

Looks like an animal phallus...

The Gui Ling CX SIX "horse dick".  Wow has a great ring to it.

Edit:  Can someone Chinese here confirm if this is correct, I asked for Orange and wrote "橙色", I looked up red in the dictionary and it's "红色" ..?

Here are some Gui Ling colour choices ...

5fe83385.jpg

Well, I didn't get any of them... mine seem to be a shade lighter than the burgundy, pretty much "blood-red". =(

Dec 14, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #3,562 of 21,761
Quote:

Well, I didn't get any of them... mine seem to be a shade lighter than the burgundy, pretty much "blood-red". =(

When I got my customs I said "pretty much any warm color aside from red please."

And I got red.

I guess the CIEM spirits who drive their human hosts into ecstatic custom-making frenzies just really favor the color red. It reminds them of the human vitals they so crave....

Dec 14, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #3,563 of 21,761
Quote:
Hey, I had a listen.

Some really nice stuff... in fact it's the kind of stuff that I think would work really well as film / video score kind of music. It reminds me slightly of Phillip Glass. I particularly liked the ambient sounds in the interlude [moon] track.

Maybe you could suggest putting it on a Creative Commons license to her? There are any number of short films or indie video works that could use this kind of music, and in exchange she'll get exposure.

I believe she already has a Creative Commons license. Her recording engineer suggested it to her and I think he helped her out with the process. I'll ask her about it, though, and find out.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that, like me, she is a high school senior and funded the entire project on her own. She is a self taught pianist and can't read or write a single note. She just memorizes and performs. A bit of a rarity, especially at my school, where the fine arts are taken so seriously. It would be easy for her to pursue a formal education in music if she wanted it, for very little money, but she instead prefers to do everything by ear, and I envy her for that. I'd love to be able to play my saxophone by ear.

Dec 14, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #3,565 of 21,761
Quote:
When I got my customs I said "pretty much any warm color aside from red please."

And I got red.

I guess the CIEM spirits who drive their human hosts into ecstatic custom-making frenzies just really favor the color red. It reminds them of the human vitals they so crave....

average_joe had a similar problem with Hidition, as I recall. Though instead of a surfeit of redness one had some interesting tattoo style design on it.

I managed to dodge that problem by pointing at the pictures of shells in the print brochure. The spirits were quelled in other ways I guess, or maybe I was fortunate enough to order the week off to attend the seasonal audio demonology trade shows.

Dec 14, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #3,566 of 21,761
Actually, I made a photoshop render of my custom-IEM look (which was yellow / orange at the tips), and emailed that to him too, and then I get red anyway.

Err, but I still don't get it ...

GL: "Your custom IEM is nearing completion, here are my bank account details"
K:  "Thank you, do you have paypal, can you send me a picture once it's finished, thank you."

*** silence for 13 months ***

K:  "Hi, Gui Ling, so uh, do you still have my two sets of ear impressions? I want to make something"
GL:  "Your custom IEM is ready, total price is xxx"
K:  "umm... thanks... can you send me a picture?"
GL:  ***sends a zip file with 8 pictures***

Dec 14, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #3,567 of 21,761
Quote:

It's always been this way. We just hear about it more, thanks to information moving at the speed of light.

I've always thought like this too. It seems like there are more and more things happening this now than before (and it's sometimes an entertaining thought to scare oneself with catastrophe) but /i think this is because of the speed of information dispersion now. Back then when countries (should I say empires?) relied on messengers only information that authorities want to spread and that mattered where shared.

Dec 14, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #3,568 of 21,761
Okay, here is my IEM listing, the CX6 --> http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.0.107.50AX8i&scm=1007.77.0.0&id=3878955960

As you can see it says "LS6" on the shell.  Perhaps the LS6 and CX6 are completely identical, he just changed the name to CX6 later when he left Unique Melody and Rooth, to make the "CX" line by himself?  That's pretty much what I've heard a few times anyway.

I wonder they are identical to the UM CK10x6 --> http://y3land.com/2011/12/

Edit:  The CX6 listing looks like dual-bore, the CK10x6... single-bore?

Edit:  More pictures of the CX6...

http://translate.google.co.id/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://bbs.imp3.net/thread-10620863-1-1.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Derji.net%2Bcx6%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26tbo%3Dd%26biw%3D1381%26bih%3D577&sa=X&ei=BOnLUPq5Fs37rAeg6IHYAg&ved=0CDIQ7gEwADgK

09234412vvgggzr19gx2b2.jpg

092317s4s081gm1m44108x.jpg

Dec 15, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #3,569 of 21,761
Quote:
Edit:  Can someone Chinese here confirm if this is correct, I asked for Orange and wrote "橙色", I looked up red in the dictionary and it's "红色" ..?

Kiteki, the above translations are correct.  "色" is a modifier meaning color or hue.  "橙" means orange, and "红" means red.  So, what you're indicating with the phrases above are "orange color" and "red color" respectively.

However, I do feel compelled to mention that the "橙色" (orange color) mentioned above tends to translate into a lighter shade of orange, somewhat like the peel of an unripened or early orange (fruit).

If you're looking for something that is more bold, more akin to a nuclear orange, more like a carrot, you may wish to indicate "橙红色" instead.  Literally, it translates as "orange red color".  But tonally, it equates to a darker and more intense shade of orange.

Dec 15, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #3,570 of 21,761
Kiteki, the above translations are correct.  "色" is a modifier meaning color or hue.  "橙" means orange, and "红" means red.  So, what you're indicating with the phrases above are "orange color" and "red color" respectively.

However, I do feel compelled to mention that the "橙色" (orange color) mentioned above tends to translate into a lighter shade of orange, somewhat like the peel of an unripened or early orange (fruit).

If you're looking for something that is more bold, more akin to a nuclear orange, more like a carrot, you may wish to indicate "橙红色" instead.  Literally, it translates as "orange red color".  But tonally, it equates to a darker and more intense shade of orange.

You speak Chinese? :blink: Yeah, I know, "look at my last name", but I've known a lot of Chinese Americans who couldn't order at a restaurant.

Yeah, I'm still up, my wife won't go to bed until she's done watching this stupid movie that's on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back