The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Oct 28, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #2,161 of 21,761
Quote:
  Or is someone who's had a sex change going to feel offended...

Those towels might actually be "logically" less offensive than his and hers products. At least that just refers to your particular chromosomal makeup. There are definitely XX male phenotypes (SRY translocation) and XY female phenotypes (SRY knockout, Androgen Insensitivity, etc.), in addition to people with SRS procedures done and those that identify with the other gender.

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #2,163 of 21,761
Quote:
BTW, just installed Windows 8... it's basically Windows Phone OS + Win 7 Desktop. I like it! Now to wait for the new Lumias... GO NOKIA!

Are there just two options to upgrade to Windows 8?

1. To pay $39 for Windows 8 Pro.

2. To pay $15 if you've bought your computer after June 2012.

I'm not eligible for the 2-nd option so I have to upgrade to the Pro version which is weird. How much did you pay?

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #2,164 of 21,761
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILuiIfHoezo[/VIDEO]

Not too bad I suppose, but then again if I am looking for metal, I always aim for the more insturmental and aggressive ones, and less vocals. Yes, I still remember Liquid something that you point out at me, mav (despite the fact that I forgot the name of the band LOL).

Found it in the front page of TPB, for reasons known to me only. :p

Oct 28, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #2,166 of 21,761
No, DR is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_range

As far as I understand it, today's music is mostly **** because every element of songs are loud and doesn't provide much aural dynamic, I guess. Like even something that should sound soft and slightly in the background compared to other instruments or something is the same loudness or at least louder than it should, or something. (rambling that I think sounds intelligent)

-or-

Honestly, I felt that some things that should be soft and 'in the background' is just too loud and distracting and made some songs 'flat'. (honest rambling that may not make any sense).

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #2,168 of 21,761
Quote:

Are there just two options to upgrade to Windows 8?

1. To pay $39 for Windows 8 Pro.

2. To pay $15 if you've bought your computer after June 2012.

I'm not eligible for the 2-nd option so I have to upgrade to the Pro version which is weird. How much did you pay?

1st option.

You could buy the disc from amazon @ $70 and they gave you a gift card for $30 (basically paying the same $40 amount) but I don't know if the offer is still active.

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #2,170 of 21,761
Quote:
  [shockhorror][/shockhorror]

You know, the funny thing is, while I won't deny that he influenced my early experiences, I don't really 'wait' for his reviews anymore; it's more of an "okay, I'm not crazy" type of thing. I think I've gotten his listening preferences pegged down to the point where I can predict exactly what he'll think for most IEMs. I'm lucky that I get to hear a lot of things without ever needing to buy them, probably because of my geographical location.

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #2,171 of 21,761
You know, the funny thing is, while I won't deny that he influenced my early experiences, I don't really 'wait' for his reviews anymore; it's more of an "okay, I'm not crazy" type of thing. I think I've gotten his listening preferences pegged down to the point where I can predict exactly what he'll think for most IEMs. I'm lucky that I get to hear a lot of things without ever needing to buy them, probably because of my geographical location.

Hmm, you have a point. I'm guessing, considering that most of the regulars of this thread are constantly lucky to get to hear a lot of things without buying them, some of the reviews from Community Heroes aren't all that important. It obviously is important to me still because I'm not fortunate enough to have anywhere to try without buying, but I thought to point it out still because I'd like to hear different opinions from this thread, if any. If there're aren't, well that's that, IMO.

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #2,172 of 21,761
Quote:
Hmm, you have a point. I'm guessing, considering that most of the regulars of this thread are constantly lucky to get to hear a lot of things without buying them, some of the reviews from Community Heroes aren't all that important. It obviously is important to me still because I'm not fortunate enough to have anywhere to try without buying, but I thought to point it out still because I'd like to hear different opinions from this thread, if any. If there're aren't, well that's that, IMO.

Well, regarding the UE900 specifically, I think he's got a pretty good writeup; it's not my personal cup of tea, but it's a good product that I'd recommend to many, especially those who don't want to stray too far from the TF10. I felt that the UE900 was the brainchild of the marketing team after much market research and roundtable sessions, and the engineering team did exactly what they asked, executed to near perfection. Expect this to be a trend (and mostly a good thing) in this Logitech era.

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #2,173 of 21,761
Quote:

I think the best part is when you find a select number of people whose preferences generally line up with yours. That way you are much more likely to enjoy your purchases based off from their opinion instead of disappointment. Once you figure that out it really helps out in deciding on a purchase or overlooking it. Although there is always gonna be a risk when going off from others opinions regardless.

Oct 28, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #2,174 of 21,761
I think the best part is when you find a select number of people whose preferences generally line up with yours. That way you are much more likely to enjoy your purchases based off from their opinion instead of disappointment. Once you figure that out it really helps out in deciding on a purchase or overlooking it. Although there is always gonna be a risk when going off from others opinions regardless.

This is most certainly true. So far, it seems that joker's the only one that somewhat lines up with what I prefer. Of course I still read those that I don't find to match mine, but that would take a bit more thinking and work since I've got to imagine seeing (listening?) it in his shoes (ears? bah who cares).

Oct 28, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #2,175 of 21,761
Quote:

It's also good, I've found,  to compare others' opinions of gear you own to how you view the gear....that way, you can take any difference in opinion into account when reading their reviews, and perhaps have a slightly better idea how the gear will sound to you. 

I've been able to ascertain, from reading ljokerl's comments on several headphones I have or have had, that he's more sensitive to bass than I am...so something he feels is a bit bass-heavy sounds nicely balanced to me. So I can  read and take advantage of his reviews, with that little bit of extra forethought. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back