The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Feb 15, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #20,926 of 21,761
mmm sausage.... 
evil_smiley.gif
How is it being prepared? BBQ sounds real good about now.

Feb 15, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #20,927 of 21,761
Hmm - never had wild boar sausages - how are they made? By that, I mean are they seasoned similar to Northern European sausages, or more like Mediterranean sausages?

Feb 15, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #20,928 of 21,761
It's an intestine casing, like a small haggis, with wild boar bits & sundries, red wine, garlic, barley, pepper, and sea salt. Then hung and cured.

I like them pan-fried and served with thick chips and Polish kraut. Oh, and Lowensenf Hot Brown mustard, on the side. Oh my... :cool:

Feb 15, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #20,929 of 21,761
White or Red? I prefer New England (white) - and I want it so thick that the spoon will almost stand up by itself. Served with a good piece of sourdough bread - my favorite soup!!

Clams are a magical food. Linguini with clam sauce, fried clams, heck, even clam sushi - the fresher the better.

I like both, but I prefer white. The one potential downside of either is if there's too much residual shell. Real New Englanders or Bostoners apparently say "suck it up!" to that complaint, but I can't get past it if it's noticeably gritty.

I've never had clam sushi, though not because I'm put off by the idea. I can't recall ever seeing it offered anywhere I've had sushi. I would have had to have tried it if it were.

It's an intestine casing, like a small haggis, with wild boar bits & sundries, red wine, garlic, barley, pepper, and sea salt. Then hung and cured.

I like them pan-fried and served with thick chips and Polish kraut. Oh, and Lowensenf Hot Brown mustard, on the side. Oh my... 
cool.gif

That looks absolutely delectable.

Feb 15, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #20,931 of 21,761
redface.gif
I'm missing home right about now. I want a giant plate of Kelly's fried clams. and oysters. It's funny that a place called Kelly's Roast Beef, sells awesome seafood.

It happens that way sometimes. A place called Bad Brad's BBQ about fifteen minutes from my house has the absolute best fish and chips I've ever had. I don't even care for the BBQ very much. There's a very strong hint of what I think is cumin in their spice blend, which is used for everything they make, that puts me off pretty much everything that comes out of the pit. Supposedly, if I remember correctly, the place was started by an ex-chef who wanted a less stuffy and snooty existence, which would explain the level of competency regarding the fish.

Feb 15, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #20,933 of 21,761
  The earpods are NOT made for my ears. They keep falling out, and they hurt me if I push them in hard enough. I once started bleeding when I had decided that they had to fit me. I couple of stiches, a concussion and a few painkillers later I came to the conclusion that they simply would not.

I think that if you are not being sarcastic, you ought to get some sort of Head Fi trophy or something.

OSTRY KC06 quick impressions: somewhere in between a more analytical GR07 and a less damped / more dynamic RE0.

They look oddly like something out of an anime with that cloud icon...

I like them pan-fried and served with thick chips and Polish kraut. Oh, and Lowensenf Hot Brown mustard, on the side. Oh my...
cool.gif

NGHRRSDF

a giant plate of Kelly's fried clams. and oysters

AIEEE

I wish there were more restaurants around me named after the proprietors. There's always something good and wholesome to me about that idea.

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #20,934 of 21,761
Best piece of satire ever.

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #20,936 of 21,761
More on soups and sausages...

When I was a kid, my mom would make huge pots of a traditional Portuguese soup. It contained 4 or 5 different kinds of beans - including white beans and (of course) fava beans, one or more types of macaroni (elbow, tubes, etc), a zillion different types of other vegetables (potatoes, carrots, kale, peas, green beans, etc) and, of course, big slices of linguica sausage.

Feb 16, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #20,938 of 21,761
More on soups and sausages...

When I was a kid, my mom would make huge pots of a traditional Portuguese soup. It contained 4 or 5 different kinds of beans - including white beans and (of course) fava beans, one or more types of macaroni (elbow, tubes, etc), a zillion different types of other vegetables (potatoes, carrots, kale, peas, green beans, etc) and, of course, big slices of linguica sausage.

biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #20,940 of 21,761
MF!
You see what happens when you don't post more here?!?
We are right back to food!!

LOL!! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back