The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Feb 15, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #20,911 of 21,761
Lol.

I've actually come to find that in-ears aren't necessarily the best options for jogging, because when you run your ear canal compresses and expands and it makes a constant thumping noise. It also gets a bit uncomfortable over time. Earbuds don't have the same problem. 

I actually got a pair of these to test this theory http://www.sony.com.au/product/mdr-as200

They're very cheap, they very secure, water resistant, and while I don't think they sound amazing they do the job pretty admirably. I had the predecessor of this earbud as well (the old one looks like a kidney) and what is awesome is since the entire earhook wraps around the ears there is virtually no way for it to get dislodged or flop around on the outside of your ears like some earhooks I've found. 

Plus, lower noise isolation means you won't get hit by a car or something.

Your post actually prompted me to finally open the box and give them a proper listen. They're not going to win awards but I think they sound better than the $19 bucks I paid for them or something like. 

Feb 15, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #20,913 of 21,761
I suppose it makes sense that thought is simply "inner speech", but does that necessarily mean it would be understandable to someone else? Or is the mechanism for forming the syntax and phonetics separate from the inner thought itself?

Feb 15, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #20,914 of 21,761
No explanation necessary.
wink.gif

[98% likelihood of becoming vaporware]

Feb 15, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #20,915 of 21,761
Hmm, I think I saw them in a Sony Style store or two. But really though, all I want is more earbuds like the EarPods. It works amazingly well IMO.

The earpods are NOT made for my ears. They keep falling out, and they hurt me if I push them in hard enough. I once started bleeding when I had decided that they had to fit me. I couple of stiches, a concussion and a few painkillers later I came to the conclusion that they simply would not.

I use them though for remote controlling the camera when it's on the gorillapod at a bad place. Works great for that. I've thought of cutting away the earpods themselves as they add bulk to my camera remote.

Feb 15, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #20,920 of 21,761
  Yeah, I figured I'd try that "SQ above all" thing some people do here...

I think you'd like the Bose IE2's...................silicone rubber covers of the working part and three different sizes to get a good fit without being jammed in your ear.  I like them for running. 

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #20,923 of 21,761
White or Red? I prefer New England (white) - and I want it so thick that the spoon will almost stand up by itself. Served with a good piece of sourdough bread - my favorite soup!!

Clams are a magical food. Linguini with clam sauce, fried clams, heck, even clam sushi - the fresher the better.

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #20,924 of 21,761
I prefer white. Also love it really thick. Crackers go good also. I'm sure sour dough would be real good too. When sizzlers was here they had really good clam chowder. Would just go to the buffet to eat that lol.

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #20,925 of 21,761
It's a cold day today. Looks like a good day for a  bowl of clam chowder. :D

We're having wild boar sausages w/ peppers & onions and a wickedly hot brown mustard. Nom nom nom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back