The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Jun 22, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #15,031 of 21,761
My interpretation of the "old & new" theme...

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSnQ0bdHW0s[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m48GqaOz90[/VIDEO]

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #15,032 of 21,761
Went to the Chicago Head-Fi meet today.  I'm tired as hell, but I'll post some really general stuff right now so I remember to talk about it later...

Sound of show: a tossup betweem Cavalli LAu -> Abyss and LL MKII -> SR009, giving the later a little benefit of the doubt because I think some of the wonkiness I heard was the Mytek DAC, whereas the Abyss' FR would make that less noticeable (I'll try to elaborate on this later).

Worst sounds of show:

- Cardas IEMs: Different, I'll give them that.  Kind of cavernous and dull, though.  Didn't do much of anything for me.

- AKG K550: Lifeless and a little grating.

- Alnic HPA 5000: I thought this was a decent amp until I was told it was 5.5k, then I was o_o because it sure didn't sound that way, and there were amps present just under that price (like mine!) and just above it (all the Cavalli stuff) for comparison. 

People to thank:

- Everyone, yadda yadda

- Fraggler and his gf for getting me there

- Ray Samuels for an amazing dinner ^_^

- dbel84 for bringing out all the Cavalli stuff.

I'm posting this here instead of the meet thread beecause I hate saying negative things about other people's stuff and I doubt anyone for whom that may concern reads me here.

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #15,033 of 21,761
wink_face.gif
 You mean, prior to the thread turning over 1,000 on the ODO. Now everyone will wanna read 
biggrin.gif
what you post. Glad you were able to share a few things. Looking forward to your getting some rest; posting more on the other side.

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #15,038 of 21,761
OXN Stuff.........Original song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB4lOWfgD5s

New and improved: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_X9YqWu4pU
Gotta love Keith Emerson!

BTW, I bought those Audioengine speakers for my computer, the A5's. Just waiting for them to arrive. I'll give'em a good workout this week...

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #15,040 of 21,761
Re mixtape

One of my favorite bands that brought traditional (eastern) rhythms and instruments to modern dance music would be Transglobal Underground:

Then there's whole genres reinventing themselves, like old 1920/30s swing music resurfacing 80 years later as Electro swing:

Last not least, I know classical is never a good idea for a mixtape, so here's just a short snippet of Debussy's "Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun", which for many marks the end of traditional classical music and the beginning of modernism:

(These are just suggestions, feel free to take what you like for the mixtape)

#OXN

Jun 23, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #15,041 of 21,761
So, some people may find this cool. Here's a video of Drake getting his Grammy in the mail, and him and all of his friends taking a shot from it. 

I wish I could say I'm one of those "oh I've been listening to hip hop since I was age fetus" kind of guys, but I'm not. For most of my life, I've either listened to rock,metal, classical, or in my younger years country. Drake's mixtapes started getting me into hip hop since he balanced the "look at all my stuff" with a bit of emotion, almost like showing a weak point in the bling-d out armor. His voice also has a chill vibe to me. Seeing this video makes me realize just how much I like hip hop: while a lot of people who make it big are going to be the generic idiots that try to transcend to godhood, many hang out and really seem blessed. For the longest time I thought this only happened in the world of rock, but when i noticed it in other realms, I was happy. 

I might be rambling, it's been a long day and beer just taste so good right now. So how's everyone's night?

P.S.- If you like hip hop and haven't bought J. Cole's "Born Sinner", you're doing it wrong. He kills it!

EDIT: ERMAHGERD POST 1K IN THE 1K+ DIARY THREAD 

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #15,042 of 21,761
Jun 23, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #15,043 of 21,761
[size=small] 362 of 374 people found the following review helpful[/size]

[size=small] 5.0 out of 5 stars Reveals the hidden treasures in familiar music., November 28, 2010[/size]

[size=small] By 
Audiophile - See all my reviews
ir

[/size]

[size=x-small] This review is from: AudioQuest K2 terminated speaker cable - UST plugs 8' (2.44m) pair (Electronics)[/size]

[size=small]Using these cables, and only using these cables, I was finally able to hear an auditory gem that has been long rumored among music connaisseurs - Aretha Franklin's stress-fart just prior to her high A in her recording of "You're All I Need to Get By".[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]Worth every penny.[/size]

Saw this on the first page of this thread. Is it true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back