The Decware TABOO MK 111 Thread
May 23, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #661 of 2,115
Very cool. I'm surprised ZenTriode wasn't already taken 
size]
  It's nice to see a post from Steve here.  

I have a problem with my Taboo as well.  I've been staying up way too late listening to it, and it's cutting into my sleep time.  This week has been worse with the release of Daft Punk's new album.

May 23, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #662 of 2,115
I ordered a Taboo last Friday evening, but apart from the automated order acknowledgement, there has been no indication that Decware are even aware of the order. I'm wondering if this is usual. 

May 23, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #663 of 2,115
I ordered a Taboo last Friday evening, but apart from the automated order acknowledgement, there has been no indication that Decware are even aware of the order. I'm wondering if this is usual. 

Totally normal. You can see your place in line updated daily from the amplifier Build Sheet PDF on the bottom of the Decware contacts page.

May 23, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #664 of 2,115
Quote:
Totally normal. You can see your place in line updated daily from the amplifier Build Sheet PDF on the bottom of the Decware contacts page.

That is good to know. The Build Sheet does not appear to have been updated for several days. My order certainly does not yet appear on it.

May 23, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #665 of 2,115
Quote:
That is good to know. The Build Sheet does not appear to have been updated for several days. My order certainly does not yet appear on it.

All part of the journey, my friend
beerchug.gif

May 23, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #666 of 2,115
Quote:
Very cool. I'm surprised ZenTriode wasn't already taken 
size]
  It's nice to see a post from Steve here.  

I have a problem with my Taboo as well.  I've been staying up way too late listening to it, and it's cutting into my sleep time.  This week has been worse with the release of Daft Punk's new album.

Yeah, that and the fact that I need to install lights on my doorbell and all my phones cause I am always wearing headphones and cant hear them.  Really liking watching movies with headphones on, can hear so much more in the background.

May 23, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #667 of 2,115
Quote:

Yeah, it was the same for me. They seem to add the new orders once every so few days. After 1-2 weeks of being on the list, you'll get an email too, to say they aknoweldge your "NEW" order. Regardless by then you'd have probably moved up on the list a few spots. :)

May 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #668 of 2,115
Thanks Guys for your words of encouragement, its much appreciated at this point in the ordering process.

Initially I'll be pairing the Taboo with my Audeze LCD 2 version 1's and Sennheiser HD800's. The HD800's are yet to arrive.
I'm also considering adding speakers. The Omega Super 3T Desktops are what I have in mind. 

I'm not sure what the front end will be, suggestions for a DAC that would complement the above would be welcome. 

May 24, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #669 of 2,115
Quote:
Thanks Guys for your words of encouragement, its much appreciated at this point in the ordering process.

Initially I'll be pairing the Taboo with my Audeze LCD 2 version 1's and Sennheiser HD800's. The HD800's are yet to arrive.
I'm also considering adding speakers. The Omega Super 3T Desktops are what I have in mind. 

I'm not sure what the front end will be, suggestions for a DAC that would complement the above would be welcome. 

I would go for a DAC with a strong pre-amp, especially for speakers. I've myself been looking at NAD M51.

May 24, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #670 of 2,115
Quote:

I have the Omega 3T monitor here now for a review. I just got them so they are burning in now but the Taboo drives them easily using the Oppo BDP105 volume maxed and they play plenty loud. Too early for impressions as they  need about 300 hrs to sound their best.

May 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #671 of 2,115
Quote:

I've been very happy with Wyred4Sound's DAC-2.

May 24, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #672 of 2,115
Quote:

I would go for a DAC with a strong pre-amp, especially for speakers. I've myself been looking at NAD M51.

Quote:

I'm guessing that both the NAD M51 and the Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSD would be equally capable with the Taboo in driving speakers and both are about the same price here in the UK. At the moment I favour the DAC-2 DSD both for Its form factor and its DSD capability. I need to read up on the NAD M51.

Quote:
I have the Omega 3T monitor here now for a review. I just got them so they are burning in now but the Taboo drives them easily using the Oppo BDP105 volume maxed and they play plenty loud. Too early for impressions as they  need about 300 hrs to sound their best.

Frank, I'm looking forward to reading both your impressions and your review.

May 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #673 of 2,115
Quote:
Quote:

+1

May 25, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #675 of 2,115
Quote:

I'm guessing that both the NAD M51 and the Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSD would be equally capable with the Taboo in driving speakers and both are about the same price here in the UK. At the moment I favour the DAC-2 DSD both for Its form factor and its DSD capability. I need to read up on the NAD M51.

Frank, I'm looking forward to reading both your impressions and your review.

W4S was also on my list. The reason I'm no longer going for it is that I prefer a neutral sounding DAC and I've been hearing the W4S is towards warm. That said, it seems to be a really great DAC and it's very popular with the community.

In secret I am also conspiring for the PS Audio PWD2, but I am sure my wife will not at all appreciate this kind of expense. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back