The Decware TABOO MK 111 Thread
May 26, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #676 of 2,115
So I went ahead and placed my order, now the waiting begins!

I'll be using my Violectric V800 DAC with it, which hopefully will work nicely together.  I was wondering, though, would it make any sense to use my V200 as a pre-amp to give the Taboo a bit more power?  I'm a bit of n00b with these things, so I'm not sure if that makes any sense.  :)

May 26, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #677 of 2,115
Quote:
So I went ahead and placed my order, now the waiting begins!

I'll be using my Violectric V800 DAC with it, which hopefully will work nicely together.  I was wondering, though, would it make any sense to use my V200 as a pre-amp to give the Taboo a bit more power?  I'm a bit of n00b with these things, so I'm not sure if that makes any sense.  :)

This is a hobby. I would let the Taboo burn in and enjoy it for awhile then see if the V200 makes any positive difference for you.

May 30, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #678 of 2,115
Quote:
This is a hobby. I would let the Taboo burn in and enjoy it for awhile then see if the V200 makes any positive difference for you.

sounds like good advice for me aswell, I was almost going to get the ZStage, but will opt for just getting my T3 and give it a good listen to it for a long while, and then see where I sit in terms of listening satisfaction
smile_phones.gif
! before I add anything to it? is it cruel to let my ZSatge sit all alone in Decwares cart, am I a bad person for doing so? will my HP-P1 and CLAS be sufficient to give me good sound? will the next season of Wilfred be better then the last seaon? well none of any of it will really matter when my T3 arrives!   

on another note I just got a scare, I just got something that NO ONE wants to get? yes you guessed it a call from Sarah at Decware
eek.gif
! she couldn't access my account for my final payment for my T3? I just got done sending Steve an e-mail on the same topic cuz my name was dropped from the build sheet? and that was the first thing that came to my mind, insufficient funds/declined? for some reason? Sarah rerouted it the payment thru PayPal, and whalla! the deed is finally done, yippee I am now a poor ramman noodle man, who is soon to be rich in audio spirit!

so if anyone else here is waiting? and your name mysteriously dropped off the build sheet, you also will be recievig a call from Sarah, or call her, either way takes you to audio Nirvana!

Yippee!

May 30, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #679 of 2,115
Quote:
so if anyone else here is waiting? and your name mysteriously dropped off the build sheet, you also will be recievig a call from Sarah, or call her, either way takes you to audio Nirvana!

Yippee!

I'm hearing you bro. The list has been moving really well this week, so not so long left for me now. :) Time to start conserving a healthy credit card balance, something which hasn't happened in quite a while. 

May 31, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #680 of 2,115
Quote:
I'm hearing you bro. The list has been moving really well this week, so not so long left for me now. :) Time to start conserving a healthy credit card balance, something which hasn't happened in quite a while. 

which is cool cool cool, yes it gets really exciting being on page 1 of the build sheet! Steve and the gang are really getting things moving along, which is great for alll of us audio deprived junkies!

and great news and cudos to Sarah for getting my finances worked out, and all of Decware! my T3 was shipped out yesterday, and it will be here today! 
smile.gif
, WHA? which is awesome cuz I am out with a bad back and this will definately help my recovery! I bet there having a stork drop it off, my little baby, lol, looks like old school is the best school!

thanks Decware!   

May 31, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #681 of 2,115
I found an email to Sarah to be beneficial earlier in the week. I'm now on the build list and my shipping costs have come down.

May 31, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #682 of 2,115
A little rollin' here, a little rollin' there...  Right now I've got an Amperex Orange Globe 6DJ8 up front and Philips 5R4GYS in the back.  With that combo I'm hearing tighter bass with mid bass and highs coming forward a bit.  I'm going to try adding some Philips EL84's to the mix soon, I think.  So much fun.  Such a cool amp
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #683 of 2,115
One Taboo ordered for Norway as well :)
I currently only have a HE-500, but I think I'll get a lcd-2 soon. I'm also thinking of using the speaker outputs, should be interesting, and in a way makes this amplifier a bit of a bargain...

Btw, has anyone tested it with PCC189 tubes? I know these are 7.6v, but they are known to work beautifully in other amps.

Jun 1, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #684 of 2,115
Quote:
One Taboo ordered for Norway as well
smily_headphones1.gif

I currently only have a HE-500, but I think I'll get a lcd-2 soon. I'm also thinking of using the speaker outputs, should be interesting, and in a way makes this amplifier a bit of a bargain...

Btw, has anyone tested it with PCC189 tubes? I know these are 7.6v, but they are known to work beautifully in other amps.

Same thinking here mate. I am hoping the result with speakers will also be worthwhile as it should. I've got a pair of 96dB floorstanders waiting for the Taboo. Not too long to wait now for me hopefully and I will post back with some impressions with both speakers and headphones (once the burn-in has been done preferably). Perhaps a bit cheeky to mention this here, but if you're thinking of getting the LCD-2s, please feel free to check the link in my signature or drop me a PM. :)

Jun 1, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #685 of 2,115
Quote:
Quote:
One Taboo ordered for Norway as well
smily_headphones1.gif

Same thinking here mate. I am hoping the result with speakers will also be worthwhile as it should. I've got a pair of 96dB floorstanders waiting for the Taboo. Not too long to wait now for me hopefully and I will post back with some impressions with both speakers and headphones (once the burn-in has been done preferably). Perhaps a bit cheeky to mention this here, but if you're thinking of getting the LCD-2s, please feel free to check the link in my signature or drop me a PM. :)

Decware DM945's are on the UPS truck headed my way!!

Jun 1, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #686 of 2,115
How will you be getting any sleep tonight then!?

The Decware speakers have 2x speaker binds each, seemingly one pair for the tweeter and one for the main driver. How are you supposed to connect those to the Taboo? My speakers are also like that ...

Jun 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #687 of 2,115
They can be bi-wired. However you can wire them together and use just one set of cables.

They come with jumpers to facilitate this:

The gold jumpers are connecting both sets of terminals.

Jun 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #688 of 2,115
How will you be getting any sleep tonight then!?

The Decware speakers have 2x speaker binds each, seemingly one pair for the tweeter and one for the main driver. How are you supposed to connect those to the Taboo? My speakers are also like that ...

Can you tell me the differences between the LCD2 and 3 on the Taboo? Any cons?

Jun 2, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #689 of 2,115
Quote:
Can you tell me the differences between the LCD2 and 3 on the Taboo? Any cons?

I will do once I get my Taboo. Unfortunately I still have a list to refresh. :) 

Jun 2, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #690 of 2,115
Quote:

I will do once I get my Taboo. Unfortunately I still have a list to refresh. :) 

Dunno, why I asked that like you already had it.  Sorry for pouring salt into your list-waiting wound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back