The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 22, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #8,627 of 35,347
  vsonic please have dealssssss - i'm trying to pick up the gr07 classics for even more of a steal than $99. (somehow psychologically the price dropping below $99 seems like a huge hurdle cleared even if the price only drops to something like $80)

You know these went for 77$  2 weeks ago right?
I strongly suggest checking out LMUE @28.11.14.

Nov 22, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #8,630 of 35,347
  Not a piece of audio equipment, but you can pick up a 240GB SSD at Amazon for a measly $90 right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-2-5-Inch-adapter-Internal-CT240M500SSD1/dp/B00BQ8RM1A

If someone wants to save a few more bucks and is ok with Corsair/rebates they can get a 240GB for $70 from Newegg.

$115 - $30 rebate - $15 using Google Wallet Checkout via the Newegg Android App

Nov 22, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #8,631 of 35,347

The A71 is getting a lot of good buzz ($99).

The A71 is an exciting, revealing and very LIVE sounding earphone that punches in way
above its price of 99.00 I haven't heard the A83 but some folks like the fit of the A71 better
also. worth an audition!!!!  a unique sound, well made iem, and enjoyable to listen to
for extended time....recommend it!

Nov 22, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #8,632 of 35,347

Right now I keep checking Amazon daily deals about once every couple of hours. Is that frequency going to be enough or do I need to up my game?

I've wanted M50s for about 2 years now, but settled for a Sennheiser 439 instead since M50s costed a ton in India. I've been in the US for the last 3 months and bought a measly Sennheiser 201 refurb for $15 to make do till BF, and I can't stand it any longer! :frowning2:

Now that there's a newer model (M50X), I had decided on going for that one. Is it more likely that there are going to be bigger discounts for M50/M50s than M50X, though? If that is the case, does the bargain justify settling for M50s over M50X?

As far as lightning deals go, a scroll through it before going to sleep will show you everything they have offered for the following day. Then set reminders/alerts right before the item you want to get will happen. Recently I noticed an App Only lightning deal section as well as the regular Lightning deals. Like the name says, it can only be accessed through the app on a smartphone or tablet. There are also perks for being a Prime subscriber giving you early access to some of the deals.

Good luck!

Nov 22, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #8,633 of 35,347
My $425 (plus tax, argh!) HD700 arrived yesterday. I already know I'm not keeping them, look for them on the classifieds maybe sometime next week.

And HeadRoom still has the Etymotic ER-4s for $219. Out of stock right now so I'm waiting for them to re-fill.....

Nov 22, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #8,635 of 35,347

Interesting.....so you're saying that if all 3 were about the same price, the Aurvina would be last in your opinion? Do you prefer one of the other two over the other?
I was under the impression that the Aurvina 3 rivaled the high priced iems. I guess I was wrong. I was looking for an iem that could. Would the TTPOD T 1E, or Ostry K06a be that good? If not, maybe I should go with something like the

It's not inexpensive (as in ,$100) but the A83 is a really fine sounding iem (some have fit issues, though. Took me a bit of playing to get a decent (not perfect) seal. Haven't heard the A71, but it is indeed getting fine notices (DrBlue loves his, as do many others).

Nov 22, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #8,636 of 35,347

The A71 is an exciting, revealing and very LIVE sounding earphone that punches in way
above its price of 99.00 I haven't heard the A83 but some folks like the fit of the A71 better
also. worth an audition!!!!  a unique sound, well made iem, and enjoyable to listen to
for extended time....recommend it!

Funny, I posted BEFORE I reached the end of the thread, and who do I find next page...

Nov 22, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #8,637 of 35,347
  Anyone know of any music sales for BF? Does HDtracks or similar sites do BF sales?

Anyone know if sites like HDtracks or other music sites do BF sales?

Why the large font?

HDtrack's didn't do anything last year, IIRC, but some headphone sellers (e.g. mrspeakers senn) have included a nominal amount as a promotion during black friday. 

Nov 22, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #8,639 of 35,347
  My $425 (plus tax, argh!) HD700 arrived yesterday. I already know I'm not keeping them, look for them on the classifieds maybe sometime next week.

And HeadRoom still has the Etymotic ER-4s for $219. Out of stock right now so I'm waiting for them to re-fill.....

I'm thinking of trying the HD700 and I read on the 700's impressions thread if you do a EQ cut about 3dB at 6-7kHz it will help immensely. I don't suppose you could try that and maybe PM me back with the results? (I don't want to clutter up the deals thread)

Nov 22, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #8,640 of 35,347
  Anyone know if sites like HDtracks or other music sites do BF sales?

Quote:

Why the large font?

HDtrack's didn't do anything last year, IIRC, but some headphone sellers (e.g. mrspeakers senn) have included a nominal amount as a promotion during black friday. 

No one acknowledged the last post I did when I asked the same question.
You did answer my question though, was wondering if I should just use this 10% off coupon they
always email or wait until Nov28.

​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back