The Car/Motorcycle/Motorsport/Anything fast enough to do something stupid in thread!
Sep 28, 2008 at 11:56 AM Post #16 of 1,511
Singapore Grand Prix minus 3 minutes...
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #17 of 1,511
And it's finished! with massa at last place and raikonen crashing out. Raikonnen's case- was singapore's track to blame? And the whole race was abit screwed up.

Saddest was massa. first to last. Really sad.

Sep 28, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #18 of 1,511
meh, the track is meant to be bumpy, its a roadcircuit. arent parts of the monaco track covered in cobbles (or am i wrong).

Sep 28, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #19 of 1,511
No collection of cars here...just the one. I drive an 06 Jeep TJ in impact orange. I love it, don't see myself ever getting rid of it despite rising gas prices. Worse comes to worse I would buy a cheaper second vehicle and turn the Jeep into a monster off roader...

Sep 28, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #20 of 1,511
I have a question. WHy don't f1's drift?

Sep 28, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #22 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljcii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a question. WHy don't f1's drift?

Because drifting is gay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
uhhh it's generally good idea to keep the powerful cars in control not out of it.

The pro drifters are in more control of the car than your typical race car driver. It's a controlled skid, and as gay as it sounds if you've ever seen the drivers (not actors) of Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift, you'll see, drifting is pretty effin hard with the amount of precision they have, even if it is gay. You're not precise like that if you're out of control.

Sep 28, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #23 of 1,511
Oh i see.
I see.
then do the different cars have advantage over one another? what i see is that all of the f1 cars are equally fast. etc etc.

Sep 28, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #24 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because drifting is gay.

The pro drifters are in more control of the car than your typical race car driver. It's a controlled skid, and as gay as it sounds if you've ever seen the drivers (not actors) of Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift, you'll see, drifting is pretty effin hard with the amount of precision they have, even if it is gay. You're not precise like that if you're out of control.

How is drifting "gay"? Have you ever executed a good drift? The only thing that made it a bad image to car enthusiast is Fast & Furious, but you are stupid to even to watch that and say damn those are the best car drivers ever. Personally I have done drifting with a Dodge Viper and a Nissan Fairlady Z. Also drifting doesn't mean you have 1 second slide on your front wheel drive car. F1 car doesn't slide because of the amount of downforce and aerodynamics of the car. You have to also consider the slick tires they are using.

Sep 28, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #27 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need to dump a 13B into your Miata.

Why so Boost can go in and Apex Seals go Out?

rotary4.jpg

If you wanna rock a 13b you also better have 13k so you can rebuild that son of a bitch every 30k miles. That or know how to rebuild them right and that is really freaking hard. Also once you crack the case to get to the inners you are already 350 dollars into the motor for just new gaskets. Rotary's = not cheap / not practical but very cool and fun motors if you have cash to burn.

Miatas = Turbo or V8 or Stock

Turbo for semi good gas mileage and speed, V8 for insanity, Stock for autoX/Spec/Daily/Gas Mileage..

nuf said

Sep 30, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #29 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What spec is your modded miata? What turbo, intercooler, shocks, etc..

Has a TD04H with a Custom Intercooler and Custom IC Pipes, Just some Koni shocks stock springs, 550cc Rx-7 Injectors, LC-1 Wideband, Megasquirt Standalone ECU, Delete AFM, New Variable TPS, 2.5" Turbo Back, MapDaddy Auto Baro correction, MAP Sensor, Drilled and Tap'ed Oil pan return line, Short shift kit, Boost gauge, oil temp gauge. Few other bits and parts. Still in the process of tuning it myself. so far not going very quickly =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back